The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Well we can debate his form with Barca, and I agree he played a very average game tonight but he is not a disgrace mate :)

I love to use the word 'disgrace' when it comes to Barca-related stuff. :P

No what is getting boring is all the Uefalona bull shit.

They should have been 2-0 up in the first 20 minutes with a goal that wasn't offside and a clear penalty. Not to mention last game they had an offside goal what was actually onside. He was rightly sent off also, referee has had a shocker on both sides but you can't go to the referee like that on a yellow and hassle him around.

This. Let's forget the crap we've had with referees and Barcelona for a sec.

No doubt the English media will paint the picture of the little Man City who have never played in CL knockouts before (despite their squad being 2nd or 3rd most expensive in Europe) being toppled by the Goliath that is Barcelona...with the referee firmly against them. The ref was crap tonight but he didn't cost City the game, nor did the ref in the first leg. People will forget Barca's unfairly ruled out goals and look to City's penalty appeal, despite Barca having just as good a claim in the first half.

The red was fully deserved too, maybe other City players deserved 2nd yellows also..

Shame if Aguero is injured again, he is a top player and hopefully he can get himself fit for the world cup; this will undoubtedly aid our title aspirations, though.

Now we just have to do our Job against Gala (which won't be too easy) and attempt to salvage at least some degree of pride for the English league...again.

They still had the best players in almost every single position.

As far as Alaba is concerned, I totally respect your opinion. I think he his good but I still think there are better players and he is not the best. I feel the same about Dante. By all means they are amongst the top but they are not the best. I am sure you can name more players in those positions that are INDIVIDUALLY better. But hey, still respect your opinion mate :)

I wish we had more posters like you.