test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

12. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,494 posts in this topic

Ruben's the top ranked Chelsea lad in this list of emerging talent, at 27.

There's 6 for Chelsea in total (with 4 on loan), making them the best performing team. Any glaring omissions?

A few of things:

- Traore is technically not a Chelsea player but a free agent as he still does not have a contract with the team.

- Karim Rekik is on loan from City, not us.

- And Chalobah is the highest rated Chelsea man on that list a couple of places ahead of Ruben.

I feel that the likes of Ake and Atsu, even Lewis Baker and Bamford deserve to be on that list more than someone like Cuevas, for example.

Boga definitely deserves to be on there, maybe even ahead of RLC. His performances last season, especially in the NextGen even though he was often the youngest on the pitch were extraordinary. Don't know too many of the youngsters from other clubs to really judge.

The Skipper likes this

He looks a gem in the making this lad. When he played against city pre season he looked already cut out to feature for our first team. He reminded me of when Essien was at his best.

Watching him against Arsenal in the youth cup semi-final now. This kid is going to be a top, top player. He already has everything you want in a midfielder. No wonder Barcelona were sniffing after him.

haranr likes this

Get him in the first team next season. He's something special. Reminds me of Matic/Yaya in the way he dominates physically but has the technique to go along with it.

His decision making, physique and passing is light years ahead of his age group.

I didn't saw him a lot but from what I saw, he's not quite ready to be in our squad but he's got a lot of potential we need to loan him. the same about ake btw

Get him in the first team next season. He's something special. Reminds me of Matic/Yaya in the way he dominates physically but has the technique to go along with it.

His decision making, physique and passing is light years ahead of his age group.

He's not really a holder like Matic but you are right. They share the same qualities. Him, Solanke and Colkett are top quality players. Solanke is a real prospect for us and England. Another player who looks special. Colkett has a glorious left foot.

We've just gone to the Emirates and made Arsenal look like an average side. And add that to the quality in the U-21's. The quality we have now is unbelievable.

Yep, thought the same. Colkett and Christensen had a good game too, especially Christensen. Kid looks class.

The Academy is packed with raw talent, especially in the pivot area. It's Jose's choice if he's going to give those guys a chance or not. But I think we will find out in the pre-season. Jose said that, because of the World Cup, he will be working with the guys at the Academy and will have an entire summer to see every one of them at work.

Take him on pre-season and play him, he should have some chance because a lot of our players are going to the WC. He is a top talent, hope he make it here.

He's not really a holder like Matic but you are right. They share the same qualities. Him, Solanke and Colkett are top quality players. Solanke is a real prospect for us and England. Another player who looks special. Colkett has a glorious left foot.

We've just gone to the Emirates and made Arsenal look like an average side. And add that to the quality in the U-21's. The quality we have now is unbelievable.

I don't like Colkett that much, his left foot is really good but I don't think he's as talented as RLC or Solanke.

The three best players for us on the pitch today were Solanke, RLC and Christensen, and IMO that's no coincidence as they were also the most talented players on the pitch.

Props has to go to Adi Viveash for getting these lads to play very good football too. Our academy is fantastic, hopefully we'll start seeing more lads coming through very soon now that it looks like we have managerial stability.

He played in pre-season this year, outplayed Yaya against Man City.

Technically, it was last year's "post-season" tour :P

The things clubs come up with to get more money.. :lol:

sdrcfc likes this

Anyway, I don't know about Solanke and the others. No guarantee they'll be a success at the first team level considering what happened to McEachran, Chalobah, Kakuta etc

But RLC is so special to me because of the sheer size of him along with his mobility & technique. He could potentially be the player Mikel should have been.