test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

12. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,494 posts in this topic

If JT was playing, he would have flattened Toure for inflicting the injury on Ruben.

I wish either Luiz or Mikel (or captain Torres :rolleyes:) had stepped up to put Toure in his place...

CHOULO19 likes this

odd that y'all were talking about him being injury prone and how big Toure is and that he doesn't get injured often. Spooky actually!

I wish either Luiz or Mikel (or captain Torres :rolleyes:) had stepped up to put Toure in his place...

Mikel's too passive to flatten someone like Toure.

And that's what we lack in midfield...a bit of steel and a bit of aggression.

Miss the days when Ballack and Essien were the midfield enforcers.

He's been very impressive since around the Barca game a few months ago. It would be nice if he can bulk up a bit and get some experience at the pro level (be it Championship or occasional appearances for the first team a la Ake this year)

Impressed. Nice close control and composure for such a young player, future looks bright for him - hopefully it's at Chelsea.

He is so good it's unreal - at such an age, of course. Loving what I've seen so far, and if he continues his progress, the sky's the limit!

I loved how he seemed at ease having the ball in the offensive third, shrugging off tackles and moving FORWARD to find the open player.

A promising talent will be sent out on loan for 2-3 seasons, we'll forget about him, he'll be sold. Rinse and Repeat.

And you're basing that on what exactly? The amount of bashing some people do is unreal.

Bir_CFC likes this

He and Chalobah will be in the first team one day. I garuantee it. Josh still has a chance, but these guys don't. They don't because a chance suggests there is possibility that it won't happen.

I wasn't so sure about him in the youth cup games but now i see what he can offer. Was pretty poor against Norwich's kids yet very good against a full Man City team. Seems to have no fear and a lot of talent. He, Ake and Chalobah will make it for sure. FFP will help them too. I'm very excited to witness his Chelsea career.

English Freak likes this

I think it's remarkable that we seem to have the monopoly on strong, powerful, technically sound young English midfielders at the moment. The one thing this country has struggled to produce is a Vieira/Toure type player. Probably the closest we've got is Jack Rodwell, or maybe Pogba (not English but I'm struggling here).

Yet it's quit conceivable that in 3 years time we're lining up with RLC and Chalobah in the double pivot.

Is he ready now? Nope. I agree he should spend another year here as part of the youth setup and get game time in league cup games (maybe even CL group games) but I don't see him going out on loan. In fact I don't know if a loan is something every player needs so it'll be interesting to see what development path this kid takes.

Muzchap likes this

I think it's remarkable that we seem to have the monopoly on strong, powerful, technically sound young English midfielders at the moment. The one thing this country has struggled to produce is a Vieira/Toure type player. Probably the closest we've got is Jack Rodwell, or maybe Pogba (not English but I'm struggling here).

Yet it's quit conceivable that in 3 years time we're lining up with RLC and Chalobah in the double pivot.

Is he ready now? Nope. I agree he should spend another year here as part of the youth setup and get game time in league cup games (maybe even CL group games) but I don't see him going out on loan. In fact I don't know if a loan is something every player needs so it'll be interesting to see what development path this kid takes.

This - seeing him and Chalobah together could give us the best midfield for Chelsea and England to come...

Both Athletic, quick, comfortable on the ball and a good eye for a pass - EXACTLY what we have been missing...

He owned City... I hate City - Toure is a dirty fucker and so is Kompany - Zabaletta is a fucking thug ... The ref's next season need to start booking these fuckers! - Then we'll see them reduced to 9-10 men per game and not so good... But currently they are a very dirty team...