test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

12. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,517 posts in this topic

was looking forward to see him with Matic and Cesc ... but Jose had to flip this one last middle finger to the 'boring boring chelsea' band wagon by putting Mikel ... such a troll :D .. can't complain though

Maybe using Mikel so Loftus-Cheek has more freedom to go forward and such.

That has nothing to do with the quality of the backup because it happened for every single position. Jose WANTED to play the best team in every single game even when there were options he's showed he can trust like Zouma, Luis, Ramires and even Cech. According to Jose himself, defensive midfield "is the only position where we have duplicates" because he sees Matic and Mikel as very similar. You won't see rotation unless Jose decides so.

Like we're linked to Pogba? :D:lol:

Attacking midfielder is whole different story. He may play centrally but the central attacking midfielder in our system cannot play the deeper role. We saw that with Cesc this season. The roles and duties are just too dissimilar. We definitely need an attacking midfielder but I think we will much more likely go for someone who plays on the right (as well as a back up for Eden) because both Oscar and Willian can play centrally.

Oh, and Zouma can fulfill a job as defensive midfielder in certain scenarios but he is not one. He is a CB. He does not have the technical ability nor the positional awareness to play there for prolonged periods if needed.

I personally want us to sign Koke. Pogba seems like a pipe dream at this point.

Koke can play in a midfield 3 along with Cesc and Matic.

Yes he was nothing impressive. Get over it. One of the worst performances of any number 8 in the last 2 years, even Matic playing in the number 6 many times offers a ton more in attack than he did.

He has a lot of time to improve, it's just one game and he will get more oportunities, but today this was not good.

I want to see him in the role of Oscar/Cesc today/some would call it 10#. Dont think he's going to grow to be an 8, a playmaker, or a DM.

Solid game. He was always going to play it safe on his first start. Thought he did very well in terms of pressing and interceptions at the start of the second half.

Take out Cesc and the level of technique and comfort on the ball of centre midfield becomes midtable level. Even Cesc becomes very erratic in his distribution when his form drops. I find that worrying and I have a very hard time believing Chelsea can compete in the three major competitions with a similar approach. That's just my opinion of course. But if things don't turn out well next season, the club and the manager have no one to blame.

I honestly think you're putting too much weight on the performance of one player. We've managed plenty of brilliant plays this season that did not involve Cesc.

Solid performance, didn't look to nerveuos or out of place. Hopefully he'll start the last two games aswell.

Jose just confirmed this was the last game playing key players. He will play kids like Ake and Brown against West Brom who are already safe. I imagine RLC will play 90 minutes next week

supporter and stroey like this

Step by step. RLC has been at an appropriate level but he looked a little nervously because he is his first day. But he has made an acceptable game but in a position that (IMO) is not the one where he is most comfortable. I would like to see With Matic the two upcoming matches.

Zouma at first I was also a bit nervous and is now a different player and fully consolidated. RLC only need minutes to be gaining experience.

Today was not his best day, but I continue betting very hard for him. Just today the match has been developed without allowing him stand out and demonstrate their quality. But in the next game, without such exigency and in another position, RLC will play better and go slowly consolidating.
Step by step.

Regards.

Yes he was nothing impressive. Get over it. One of the worst performances of any number 8 in the last 2 years, even Matic playing in the number 6 many times offers a ton more in attack than he did.

He has a lot of time to improve, it's just one game and he will get more oportunities, but today this was not good.

He was playing in the number 6 role.
Viper22 and Laugh1ngMan like this

meh... Little to no influence. Has A LOT to learn

If Pogba plays as a number 6 and his freedom was shackled he wouldn't have much influence going forward either.
James, Viper22 and CFC888 like this

This.

Solid game. He was always going to play it safe on his first start. Thought he did very well in terms of pressing and interceptions at the start of the second half.

Hopefully Mourinho gives him a little bit more freedom though in the upcoming games. Felt his play was somewhat restricted.

just one thing to say :clap::clap::clap: The future of our midfield don't know what some are talking about a poor performance his statics are 100 percent! It was amazing perfomance not solid, not good but fucking amazing!!!!

If Pogba plays as a number 6 and his freedom was shackled he wouldn't have much influence going forward either.

Are we talking about Pogba? I thought this was the Loftus-Cheek thread?

I just want to see Ruben do well, he was bang average and looked like he was out of his depth a bit... First game but lots to learn

Amblève. likes this