Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

From his press conference today

'Next season Ruben Loftus-Cheek will be competing for a first team position. At the moment we are protecting him"

Protecting him from what exactly?

Protecting him from getting experience lol.

But if Mourinho should keep his promise,I will be happy for sure because then we will have at least one player from the academy after the Terry era.

Mourinho said in the pc that he wants to "trust the more experienced senior players now when we are chasing for the title, if we had been 6th or 7th he would be playing for sure". I think that's perfectly understandable to be fair. We can't expect a 19 year old that has never started a senior game to be thrown into the depths of a PL title race. That said, there were opportunities earlier this season when RLC and others could have gotten game time and didn't.

Hopefully José genuinely believes in RLC and that he will have a serious role in the team next season, I guess we have to wait and see.

Maybe if every defeat or our tie is not like the end of the world ...

Maybe if every bad day there were not millions of criticism, whistles or boos ...

Maybe if our support was totally unconditional ...

Maybe if you do not let us pass to love a player one day and hate the next day ...

Maybe Jose could bet more for our young players. It is impossible to bet on youth players with this anxiety level so high.

If we do not change this anxious behavior we're going to burn all our young players one after another.

In addition, we are Chelsea, to play in Chelsea our young players have to break down the door, here are not given away the opportunities. THIS IS NOT DISNEY.

I fully trust in Jose and I'm sure that RLC will be important for us in the future. Whatever happens I will continue supporting us.

Regards.

And if we were actually 6th or 7th then he'd want to "trust the more experienced players now we are chasing a CL position. If we were top of the league then he would be playing for sure."

I assume he ment it as if we had nothing more to play for/ no pressure, e.g if we were in 6th or 7th position with no chance at all for a top 4 spot, he'd give RLC more minutes. That's one of the big reason why I think everyone is hoping we can win the title with a couple of games left.

I'm willing to bet RLC will not start any game in the lague next season and he will be lucky to start some COC games at best and might be used as a time wasting tool at the end of some league matches. He's basically getting the Christensen minute next season anyone expecting a manger like Jose to trust youth in meaningful games is on a different planet.

I'm fairly confident that as long as Jose is in charge, we will not produce another John Terry. i.e a youth promoted and fully integrated into the first team and playing regularly. I will be glad to be prove wrong though.

I will bet RLC will get at least as much time as Ake did :ph34r:

I'm willing to bet RLC will not start any game in the lague next season and he will be lucky to start some COC games at best and might be used as a time wasting tool at the end of some league matches. He's basically getting the Christensen minute next season anyone expecting a manger like Jose to trust youth in meaningful games is on a different planet.

I'm fairly confident that as long as Jose is in charge, we will not produce another John Terry. i.e a youth promoted and fully integrated into the first team and playing regularly. I will be glad to be prove wrong though.

How much do you want to bet? Let's say the loser of the bet makes a friendly £5 donation to TC?

From his press conference today

'Next season Ruben Loftus-Cheek will be competing for a first team position. At the moment we are protecting him"

Protecting him from what exactly?

From the Slippy G slip, those kinds of things can break a young player's psyche

Then again, I'll believe the play time when I see it next season