Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Barkley last night did my fucking loaf in...every single time, passing it backwards and don't get me started on his lack of awareness.

Problem is tho its not only Barkley

I understand why all the sideways,backward passing goes on even if I dont like it but even when they do develop the space between the channels they dont seem to be able to take it to the next level,

They have an amazing 2nd half v Shitty )IMO anyway) but then they suffer complete total fuckin mind block and forget how they did it! That goes for Eden too.

They just cant keep their form.

Apart from Luiz and it seems he is the one who is getting better!

22 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Probably will be used as a winger, even though he is our best no. 8.

Think he's best as a winger for now, his arrival on the pitch against Bournemouth and Leicester coincided both times with us losing control in the middle, he's still got a lot to learn in that area.

33 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Think he's best as a winger for now, his arrival on the pitch against Bournemouth and Leicester coincided both times with us losing control in the middle, he's still got a lot to learn in that area.

Agreed Ross is superior in the cm atm.

Unless we really want to open up in which case RLC would provide those extra runs from the back.

kinda ironic how we are now fine in the CM department. Great options for sarri there.

6 hours ago, Robchels said:

Agreed Ross is superior in the cm atm.

Unless we really want to open up in which case RLC would provide those extra runs from the back.

kinda ironic how we are now fine in the CM department. Great options for sarri there.

Loads of options indeed, but with Cesc leaving we wont have Jorginho backup and overall neither of our midfielders can shoot or be very creative which could be a problem in the future.

48 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Loads of options indeed, but with Cesc leaving we wont have Jorginho backup and overall neither of our midfielders can shoot or be very creative which could be a problem in the future.

This! Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho seems like a great midfield for games like City but most of the time we would need someone more creative alongside Jorginho and Kante/Kovacic IMO. We need extra creative force versus deep defensive lines

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

I still haven't seen enough to keep him but think we should still use him as striker.

Ruben to Chelsea TV after our nil all draw to Southampton " We need those clever movements in behind, even though they are deep. One of those diagonal balls over the top, like you see Barcelona do a lot." ( For those who haven't seen the interview )

"Teams are coming here and sitting back and it's difficult to break them down, because it's so tight "

"We need to get on the training pitch and work on trying to get balls in behind and work on playing against a deep back four"

"We need those clever movements in behind, even though they are deep. One of those diagonal balls over the top, like you see Barcelona do a lot."

"We need to work on that. It's about having patience as well, because it's so frustrating at times. You can't get that space to open them up"

"I think we need to get used to it, because we're playing well at times, so teams are going to come here and do that - and away as well"

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

That's the thing (goals) Ross and RLC can bring to the Cm trio. Nothing is for free, so we lose solidity to get more attacking minded players in CM. Kante has been doing that pretty well and he has the dynamism to make those runs and get into position to score.

While I agree that the starting trio does not have many goals in them, I think Kovacic can potentailly play the Jorginho role well enough. He's got very similar characteristics and excellent short passing. Yes, he's more nimble and dynamic, but you never get the exact same player when rotating.

RLC to solve Chelsea striker problems

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/01/rlc-solve-chelsea-striker-problems/

Chelsea have a striker problem, and they need a solution.

If they’re not going to buy someone – and it’s not clear if they will this January – they need alternatives.

Maurizio Sarri has tried Eden Hazard up front, but injuries to our wingers has really taken that option off the table.

We’ve been forced back into playing Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud, neither of whom are up to it. But there’s another option.

Ruben Loftus Cheek has all of the physical characteristics and the goalscoring ability to lead the line for Sarri. He’s scored three times in the Premier League this season, despite starting just one game, and has impressed both on the wing and when played through the middle.

It’s not an ideal solution, but if it stops us panic-buying another veteran like we bought Giroud last year, it might just be a smart call.

This game against Nottingham Forest at the weekend looks like it could be the perfect chance.

snip

What he has to learn if he really wants to play striker is aerial ability and off the ball movement but that does not come over night. But then again i rather have rlc on the Pitch  than  our misfiring strikers no matter the position.