test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

12. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,636 posts in this topic
15 hours ago, Mana said:

I have a heavy, sad feeling that his back problems will keep him from growing in to a very good player. Hope I'm wrong though.

I don't think it will keep him because he is already showing signs of becoming that very good player, but I think it will likely restrict the number of games he can play.

There has been some moaning recently about Sarri taking him off or starting him as a sub but with his history of back problems he's going to have to be managed correctly. I'm sure Sarri would like the luxury at present to play him in every game but it's simply not possible.

This will be no different to next season when we're back in the Champions League too. It will be a case of prioritising games for him. 

It will need someone like Barkley to step up himself next season. He's someone who I feel tries too hard to not do things wrong that its leading to him not doing things right because he should be doing the same things that Loftus-Cheek is doing, i.e. driving and pushing the team up the pitch, able to carry the ball through the middle and getting into the box as an extra goal scoring option. His confidence disappeared mid-season when we started struggling and it never recovered and he's yet another player that needs to come back with a point to prove next season.

Bosnian Blue likes this

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This lad, if he can stay fit and produce the form he's been in can not only be incredible for us but for me he's captain material.

absolutely, Ive been saying this at the games

Johnnyeye likes this

18 hours ago, Special Juan said:

This lad, if he can stay fit and produce the form he's been in can not only be incredible for us but for me he's captain material.

I was thinking this too myself. If he can stay fit he has a huge chance of locking down that midfield spot for years to come and a dominating and driving presence in that midfield that he has the potential to be, has future captain written all over it for me.

Being those couple of years older and more mature too, I also think he'll be someone the academy players coming through like CHO, James, Mount, etc can look up to in the same way that John Terry was. 

Johnnyeye likes this

5 hours ago, the wes said:

If RLC can stay fit I honestly believe he can be better than pogba 

Thibk Pogba has got everything though, can control/dictate the tempo of a game, play short passes, long passes, carry the ball, tackle, scores and assists goal. Just a shame his attitude is pish cus he would be a phenomenal player for a neutral to watch. Dont think Ruben could dictate the tempo of a match. Playing very well so far though.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Thibk Pogba has got everything though, can control/dictate the tempo of a game, play short passes, long passes, carry the ball, tackle, scores and assists goal. Just a shame his attitude is pish cus he would be a phenomenal player for a neutral to watch. Dont think Ruben could dictate the tempo of a match. Playing very well so far though.

Pogba is really hit and miss tho, despite being already 26 he is quite immature. dictatign the tempo is such an overrated ability. even toni kroos cant dictate any tempo when the midfield is overrun or he has to play vs a low block. dictating the tempo is only useful in very few match situations and even then it is easy to learn for any midfielder. long passes is the only thing i would say, pogba has on RLC so far. And if RLC gets his injury stuff right he can become the superior player given he is more than 3 years younger.

18 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Does not look like he will play the final.

I am afraid that he will not play some more matches than just final.. :(

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this