Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

10 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Barney Ronay‏Verified account 
@barneyronay
7h7 hours ago
More
Fascinating to hear Southgate say Loftus-Cheek has a struggle playing 90 minutes even when fit. Always considered this a key factor in being contracted as a professional footballer

@theskipper RLC has had stamina problems since he was 15/16

Yeah. I would like to hear your take on his stamina and whether you think he’ll improve?

I believe if he had let’s say the lungs of a Kante or Ramires - he’d probably be a first team player here already. He has the potential to be a player like Yaya if he had the stamina - it’s a big reason why he peters in and out of games in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think people are getting way too much carried away with him and his potential and all the Pogba comparisons do not help either. RLC is a decent player, good on the ball, carrying it and stuff but he has literally 0 output and that is not because we never gave him a chance here, he also had 0 output in our youth teams and at the same time he offers no defensive protection. So tell me which player a team should sacrifice for a midfielder or second striker with that very profile?

I get it,people like him, even I like him, he is from our academy, he is big, he is English, looks super cool and the way he moves looks just so elegant and effortless. I bet he is a great guy too. But having him in the team he and giving him playing time, he needs to offer something over some other player in roughly his position. Which is what I do not see. Not even over Fabregas, Drinkwater or Willian. Hence that loan was not only necessary it was overdue. 

I fear that the hype will eat him up. Happens 99% of the time - a young English talent rises with the help of the media, thinks he made it big, and falls off. This is why only the mentally strong and dedicated really make it, we shall see if he's up for it and will not only manage to keep consistency throughout several seasons, but improve as well and improve he must.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, herpthederp said:

For someone who apparently struggles to complete ninety minutes he does seem to do it quite often...

tumblr_p0td3i5EaV1v0knj0o1_1280.png

If you watch the games you’ll see the RLC is a lot less active in the latter parts of the game. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/11171473/exclusive-wilfried-zaha-and-ruben-loftus-cheek-answer-crystal-palace-fans-questions

@Tweety3_1415 - Gerrard, Lampard or Scholes?

Loftus-Cheek: I think I'm going to say Gerrard, because he could do everything. Obviously Lampard was top at what he did, and what he did was score goals, and no other midfielder can do that like Lamps. But the way Gerrard leads as well, I'd say Gerrard.

Dear oh dear.

Who knows how he's actually playing, but on the football websites today RLC has pretty impressive stats so far:
90% pass success (by far the most on the pitch)
2 shots (only Zaha's taken more)
3 dribbles (illustrates more confidence than when he was here)

2 tackles (lowest of the midfielders in Palace's side)
& 1 aerial duel won (he should really improve here.)

If only these sites could highlight clearly how much running the player's done.

43 minutes ago, Leif said:

Who knows how he's actually playing, but on the football websites today RLC has pretty impressive stats so far:
90% pass success (by far the most on the pitch)
2 shots (only Zaha's taken more)
3 dribbles (illustrates more confidence than when he was here)

2 tackles (lowest of the midfielders in Palace's side)
& 1 aerial duel won (he should really improve here.)

If only these sites could highlight clearly how much running the player's done.

Watched the game vs Leicester, and don't really know what to think. He is such a strange player, looked disinterested in game most of the times, however he barely loose possession, almost all of his passes were succesfull, together with Schlupp kept Mahrez quiet all game, and even got assist in last minutes. BTW played left midfielder position whole game

• 2 weeks later...

I admit to never being his best supporter and have equated him being like Bambi on ice being such a clumsy,akward looking git lol Ive not seen him at all this year but been reading some good things about him and vids look balanced good n bad.

Is  there anyone who's thoughts have changed about him this season and is he a REAL option for us next year or should we buy in??

Roy Hodgson has revealed Crystal Palace would love to sign Ruben Loftus-Cheek on a permanent basis.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/crystal-palace-ready-to-bid-if-chelsea-decide-to-sell-ruben-loftuscheek-36461807.html