test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobey Gibson

12. Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Started by Tobey Gibson,

2,191 posts in this topic
27 minutes ago, lucio said:

just earned himself 20 minutes in the league cup

Loftus-Cheek v Mason next week would be fun. :drunk:

lucio likes this

Barkley was asked to do more, score more and has delivered. RLC also asked to contribute more and has delivered. Love the attitude of our young english midfielders. Got to find a formation where we can play all 5 of our sexy midfielder at once.

Defence-

Kante-Jorginho-Kovacic

Barkley-RLC-Hazard

4-6-0 we would have 90% posession and every game would end 0-0  or 1-0 haha but it would fix our lack of quality in the ST and RW position and at the same time take a lot of strain from the defence with all those combative beasts in front of them.

If Sarri rotates all 3 well, they would be happy. It means all will have about 20-25 plus starts at the end of the season which is more than good enough if we do well in the Europa and League and other cups. Look at City they rotate Mahrez, KDB, Silva, B Silva,Sane and Gundogan effortlessly and I dont hear any moaning about game time. As long as the rotation is done properly we will be fine. 

quickpassnmove likes this

Every game he has started he has been arguably the best player, based on merit he definitely deserves more playing time.

Think Kovacic, Barkley, and RLC all are playing well. Think Kovacic should be in more of competition with Kante. 

Barkley and RLC really putting pressure on Kante-Kovacic which is great, just think that only 6 months ago our biggest problem was midfield. 

We can afford to rotate more and start without Kante against bottom table clubs to add extra creativity. 

“I have a little problem as I have to put 11 players in the starting XI and I have 28 players. It’s a little problem and I don’t know how to solve it. As I said before, I have a tactical problem with the midfielders. We need to work and they have to improve in the defensive phase. In the future I may be able to put Barkley and Loftus in the same starting XI.”

39 minutes ago, mccg said:

“I have a little problem as I have to put 11 players in the starting XI and I have 28 players. It’s a little problem and I don’t know how to solve it. As I said before, I have a tactical problem with the midfielders. We need to work and they have to improve in the defensive phase. In the future I may be able to put Barkley and Loftus in the same starting XI.”

Sarri may fix the tactical problem with RLC or else we are going to have to sell RLC 

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Sarri may fix the tactical problem with RLC or else we are going to have to sell RLC 

Yeah the Kante tactical problem needs to tweaked imho also , Kante as dm, Ruben + Barkley in afew games see how it goes 

4 hours ago, mccg said:

Yeah the Kante tactical problem needs to tweaked imho also , Kante as dm, Ruben + Barkley in afew games see how it goes 

Kante can't dictate play from deep like Jorginho/Fabregas, That's not going to happen under Sarri.

Fernando and OneMoSalah like this

sad thing is, he probably won't even make the bench next game. Hope im wrong, 3 goals from midfield should be rewarded, regardless of the opponent

the wes and Robguima like this

3 hours ago, Shakez said:

Kante can't dictate play from deep like Jorginho/Fabregas, That's not going to happen under Sarri.

He wouldnt have to , his dm role would be primarily to protect the back 4 and give the ball to Ruben or Barkley>  4123 formation worth a go, as we have seen if we are not flexible we will become predictable, as Kante in the position now is good but it is not carlsberg

the wes likes this

10 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Stick him up front on Sunday !

Did Conte not say one time that RLC can play as a striker? 

Fernando likes this

31 minutes ago, the wes said:

Ruben Loftus-Cheek, 22, has hinted he will no longer seek a loan move in January because he wants to continue to learn from manager Maurizio Sarri. (Evening Standard)

I like this from RLC just keep performing kid and you will break into the team 

Great news! January moves on a loan are usually not good outcomes.

!Hazard! likes this

If he continues to improve we can let go Kovacic in summer and save money for striker, winger or defender...

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, El P. said:

If he continues to improve we can let go Kovacic in summer and save money for striker, winger or defender...

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

2 different roles really. Kovacic is actually better at the role Kante plays when they both start, and RLC obviously, is the more natural AMF (competing with Barkley). 

Notice that RLC ran riot with Kovacic in the Kante role. I can almost certainly guarantee you he wouldn't have had a hat trick had Kante been on the whole time. Kante is just very limited offensively. I do not see this changing to any massive degree. Kovacic is vastly superior in his forward flowing play. I DO understand Sarri needing high pressing defensive play from that B to B Alan role player, and why he obviously knows that Kante can do that, BUT Kovacic does provide that pressing too.

Kante is the worlds greatest destroyer trad DMF who is now trapped on a team that never uses that role. In the box to box 'Alan' role, Kovacic is by far, from all I have seen, the more effective player.

Let me sum it up this way. Kovacic's offensive transition flow is is better to a GREATER DEGREE over Kante's flow than Kante's high pressing prowess IN THAT ALAN ROLE is better than Kovacic's.

Obviously it is Kante hands down over not just Kova, but any other human on the planet if we are talking pure DMF. We just don't offer that as an option anymore for the wee baldy man.

Unless Kante adapts, we are going to have to start considering either sacking Sarri (ridiculous) or selling Kante whilst we can still get well over £100m for him. As long as Sarri is here, Kante will not play the only role he is world class at.

IF we lose Kovacic, we HAVE to replace him. We also HAVE to replace the truly spent, shamefully ineffective Cesc. We have literally zero effective back-up to Jorginho at DH DMF.

I STRONGLY suggest we grab the 3rd best DH DMF on the planet (after Busquets and Jorginho) in Rúben Neves. Neves also is unique in that he can also score from that position. Frenkie de Jong is by far my 2nd favourite at that position. He can play ANY MF position as well as centre back. Neves and de Jong are also both only 21 but already multi year starters.

IF we lose Kovacic, then we need to try and buy Piotr Zielinski from the poison dwarf (arffff) or Tanguy Ndombélé from Lyon or Bryan Cristante of Roma or Amadou Haidara of RB Salzburg or de Jong's teammate, Donny van de Beek. Maybe even (I have changed my mind on him and now rate him) Matias Vecino from Inter, but he will be 28 next summer and that's close to getting too old to buy on long term. His teammate Roberto Gagliardini is also a legit option.

Also we are crazy to not buy (and loan out for one year) 18yo Sandro Tonali of Brescia, as Sarri is obsessed with him and if anyone is potentially the new Pirlo, it's him. Juve want him BAD. Lets FUCK THEM for a fucking change!

Only way we can afford to buy these players is to sell Kante...... because......Hell, the only way to buy Neves alone is to sell Kante, as we ALSO have to fix a nightmare at striker, RW (Willian is shit and only will get worse, Pedro is getting old and is very injury-prone due to slight build), and potentially the grand-daddy of all nightmares at LW if Hazard and CHO leave. We are going to lose £100m on Hazard alone in lost valuation.

Sideshow Luiz and !Hazard! like this

Ruben is not Chelsea quality, one good game against low level opposition does not change that.