test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wilson

4. Andreas Christensen

Started by Wilson,

1,354 posts in this topic

Can I just say he's been really good recently. Is definitely our most talented pure defender. Finally not shying away from physical challenges and is finally showing off that defensive intelligence of his. Just needs a top partner and we'd be okay at CB. I'd actually advocate selling Rudiger and Zouma, bringing back someone like Ampadu and buying a top top CB like Koulibaly(?). Then we have the option of Christensen, Koulibaly, Ampadu and Tomori which is a huge improvement on what we have currently. 

He could end up being a very very good CB for us if we keep the faith. 

Two sitters Leicester had because of him. We are lucky he didn't cost us a point. Bring Tomori back! 
I also think that Tomori is a far better Ball playing defender. I never see AC making those sharp long ball passes

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

He is just too soft for England... good option from the bench but I still would rate him as the worst center back in the team

killer1257 likes this

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

To be fair, he played with fever

Virtually means nothing given he has a track record of getting mugged off by PL strikers. 

Christensen and Zouma are polar opposites. One good on the ball, terrible physically. One terrible on the ball, great physically. 

Rudiger is just reckless at times and Tomori still learning. 

Vesper likes this

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Virtually means nothing given he has a track record of getting mugged off by PL strikers. 

Christensen and Zouma are polar opposites. One good on the ball, terrible physically. One terrible on the ball, great physically. 

completely agree with this

(see, I can be reasonable, lolol)

:)

MoroccanBlue likes this

I agree with you but I will not critizice AC for todays performance when he played with fever.

For me, Tomori needs to play. Rüdiger for me lacks football IQ and ball playing abilities. He only plays because he is a leader

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

1168 days since his last goal in club football  :clap:

Damn thats over 3 years.....we can seriously do better than Chri. He was good under Conte but eversince then he has been rather average imo.

On 27/05/2020 at 4:53 PM, Atomiswave said:

Damn thats over 3 years.....we can seriously do better than Chri. He was good under Conte but eversince then he has been rather average imo.

Tbf he wasnt just 'good' under Conte. I felt before his drop in form he was probably playing better than a lot of CBs in the PL at the time and definitely better than a lot of the CBs of a similar age in Europe bar de Ligt and a few others. He has potential still but I am not sure if he will ever reach those levels of performances again. I have a feeling that the system helped him as well as it did Luiz the previous year but thats a different matter you still have to perform.

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf he wasnt just 'good' under Conte. I felt before his drop in form he was probably playing better than a lot of CBs in the PL at the time and definitely better than a lot of the CBs of a similar age in Europe bar de Ligt and a few others. He has potential still but I am not sure if he will ever reach those levels of performances again. I have a feeling that the system helped him as well as it did Luiz the previous year but thats a different matter you still have to perform.

Yes he was pretty good under Conte, the system was immense for both him and DL. He just doesnt look like getting bétter though, and so weak in the air.

Vesper likes this