Andreas Christensen

Wilson

7 hours ago, mccg said:

Chelsea transfer news: Marina Granovskaia holds talks with AC Milan over January deal

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1051415/Chelsea-transfer-news-Marina-Granovskaia-Andreas-Christensen-AC-Milan

If we sell him and go 100% Luiz all the time I am going to lose my mind.

LUIZ NEEDS TO BE BENCHED AND SOLD

I would rather just force feed AC back in as starter along with Ampadu. to pair with Rudiger.

Luiz is hopeless, and AC will come good as long as he gets regular playing time.

Only way I would say AC goes to Milan is IF they are send Romagnoli our way in return.

That I can live with.

ANYTHING to get Luiz on the bench and off the fucking team works for me.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If we sell him and go 100% Luiz all the time I am going to lose my mind.

LUIZ NEEDS TO BE BENCHED AND SOLD

I would rather just force feed AC back in as starter along with Ampadu. to pair with Rudiger.

Luiz is hopeless, and AC will come good as long as he gets regular playing time.

Only way I would say AC goes to Milan is IF they are send Romagnoli our way in return.

That I can live with.

ANYTHING to get Luiz on the bench and off the fucking team works for me.

Christensen goes only if new young CB comes in. I'm certain of this

Sarri wants Rugani so I guess that seems like the most likely deal. Shame we aren't going for de Ligt

Chelsea 'considering Andreas Christensen, Elseid Hysaj swap'

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/news/chelsea-consider-christensen-hysaj-swap_343393.html

Only way this makes sense (Hysaj is a RB) is if Sarri moves Azpi back to CB, which I am fine with, as Azpi/Rudi pairing is great for now.

I dont see Poison Dwarf going for this at all.

On 05/12/2018 at 9:48 AM, Vesper said:

Chelsea 'considering Andreas Christensen, Elseid Hysaj swap'

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/news/chelsea-consider-christensen-hysaj-swap_343393.html

Only way this makes sense (Hysaj is a RB) is if Sarri moves Azpi back to CB, which I am fine with, as Azpi/Rudi pairing is great for now.

I dont see Poison Dwarf going for this at all.

Get it done since Conte left and we have started playing 4 at the back he's been awful maybe he's better suited playing in a team that plays with three centre backs 

• 2 weeks later...

CATALONIA CALLING 

Chelsea transfer news: Barcelona ‘launch formal offer’ for Blues defender Andreas Christensen

https://talksport.com/football/461197/chelsea-transfer-news-barcelona-bid-andreas-christensen/

Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen is wanted by Barcelona and they have already made a bid for him, according to reports.

The Camp Nou club want cover for Samuel Umtiti who is struggling with a knee injury and have identified the 22-year-old defender as the solution.

Last season, the Denmark international was a fixture in the Chelsea defence under Antonio Conte after returning from a two year loan with Borussia Monchengladbach.

His performances earned him the Chelsea Young Player of the Year award, but he has been unable to replicate that success under Maurizio Sarri.

While he has made nine appearances, only one of those has been in the Premier League and that was in the 2-1 defeat against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

snip

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

CATALONIA CALLING 

Chelsea transfer news: Barcelona ‘launch formal offer’ for Blues defender Andreas Christensen

https://talksport.com/football/461197/chelsea-transfer-news-barcelona-bid-andreas-christensen/

Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen is wanted by Barcelona and they have already made a bid for him, according to reports.

The Camp Nou club want cover for Samuel Umtiti who is struggling with a knee injury and have identified the 22-year-old defender as the solution.

Last season, the Denmark international was a fixture in the Chelsea defence under Antonio Conte after returning from a two year loan with Borussia Monchengladbach.

His performances earned him the Chelsea Young Player of the Year award, but he has been unable to replicate that success under Maurizio Sarri.

While he has made nine appearances, only one of those has been in the Premier League and that was in the 2-1 defeat against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

snip

From what Ive read Barca wants him on loan for cover for Umititi.

I also read they INQUIRED about Cahil too

I dont mind them both going anywhere but don't like leaving us with less cover than we have,

Tho we could use Dave as CB and use Zappa in emergency.

Lets hope Sarri really wants a new CB

13 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

From what Ive read Barca wants him on loan for cover for Umititi.

I also read they INQUIRED about Cahil too

I dont mind them both going anywhere but don't like leaving us with less cover than we have,

Tho we could use Dave as CB and use Zappa in emergency.

Lets hope Sarri really wants a new CB

He wants Rugani still. Would much rather go for Romagnoli. Milan is crashed out of Europe and is in deep shit financially. Time to strike. Juve will just fuck us about like they have done for last 3 or 4 years. They and Napoli are on a destroy CFC mission.

There are a tonne of great CB's out there but our board utterly lacks both foresight and ambition.

Rugani cannot get a much more than a sniff of playing time at Juve. That should clue us in right there. 5 games, 361 total minutes, 2 of those in CL mop-up action and has not stood out in any.

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He wants Rugani still. Would much rather go for Romagnoli. Milan is crashed out of Europe and is in deep shit financially. Time to strike. Juve will just fuck us about like they have done for last 3 or 4 years. They and Napoli are on a destroy CFC mission.

There are a tonne of great CB's out there but our board utterly lacks both foresight and ambition.

Rugani cannot get a much more than a sniff of playing time at Juve. That should clue us in right there. 5 games, 361 total minutes, 2 of those in CL mop-up action and has not stood out in any.

Playing devils advocate but we could be on the other side of the fence with our manager wanting CHO or Ampadu. These aren't bad players its purely because they don't float Sarris boat fully yet.

I'm still having faith in Sarri so I don't mind if he wants a player he thinks will suit us I'll say go for it. If we are going to do summet lets jump in fully I reckon eh

Might not be what WE want tho.

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Playing devils advocate but we could be on the other side of the fence with our manager wanting CHO or Ampadu. These aren't bad players its purely because they don't float Sarris boat fully yet.

I'm still having faith in Sarri so I don't mind if he wants a player he thinks will suit us I'll say go for it. If we are going to do summet lets jump in fully I reckon eh

Might not be what WE want tho.

every one I list at the bottom of this post is a better player, I have seen them all play a lot

IF Rugani was worth the £60m Juve set as final price, he would be starting a lot more, I absolutely don't care if it is Juve, 60 million quid is getting close to world record price for a CB (only van Dijk has ever cost more so far)

It isnt like Rugani is some freakish 17, 18, 19 yo wunderkind like de Ligt, he turns 25 this coming summer, so what you see is what you get to a large degree

some 23-24-25yo CB's for comparison

Samuel Umtiti

Aymeric Laporte

Marquinhos

Raphaël Varane
John Stones  
José Giménez

Milan Skriniar    

all are top ten (well you know I do not quite rate Stones)  in world, all have been starters FOR YEARS  

NONE cost £60m, (all would now, lolol)  Laporte cost £58.5m last year, and is literally at another level than Rugani, its like comparing us to Burnley

Makes ZERO sense to drop more for him than moneybags Shitty did for Laporte

Or we could be smart and buy Jean-Clair Todibo before he costs £70m

13 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

If we sell him, he will go on to become a world class centre back and it will bite us on the arse.

If we keep him, he will continue to struggle and will never establish himself as a starter.

Honestly since after the first 3 or 4 months of playing under Conte he hasnt looked convincing so where do you get the idea he will be world class from? Hes got potential yes but for somebody who as a youngster was so heavily regarded (again perhaps overrated as most youths are to a degree, although he can still become a very good player with work) his career has sort of flatlined. Mainly due to making mistakes and playing poorly. He can't displace a ticking timebomb in Luiz at CB. Every game hes played this season (mainly against really average teams) he has looked poor, maybe average at best, doesnt look comfortable in a back 4, even at Gladbach he didnt look fully convincing in a back 4 compared to much better in a back 3. Playing in a back 3 helped him, a back 4s a different ball game.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly since after the first 3 or 4 months of playing under Conte he hasnt looked convincing so where do you get the idea he will be world class from? Hes got potential yes but for somebody who as a youngster was so heavily regarded (again perhaps oberrated, although he can still become a very good player with work) his career has sort of flatlined. Mainly due to making mistakes and playing poorly. He can't displace a ticking timebomb in Luiz at CB. Every game hes played this season (against really average teams) he has looked poor, maybe average at best.

I wasn’t being completely serious with the comment. Just wouldn’t surprise me if that’s how it played out given how some of our recent sales have flourished elsewhere, while the ones we have retained haven’t really kicked on at all.

I do still see potential in Christensen though. He has shown too much for him to be written off. He was a star at Gladbach and had some great games against monster opponents. You don’t just lose that overnight. It also wasn’t long ago when Pep was tapping him up and publicly praising him.

17 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

I wasn’t being completely serious with the comment. Just wouldn’t surprise me if that’s how it played out given how some of our recent sales have flourished elsewhere, while the ones we have retained haven’t really kicked on at all.

I do still see potential in Christensen though. He has shown too much for him to be written off. He was a star at Gladbach and had some great games against monster opponents. You don’t just lose that overnight. It also wasn’t long ago when Pep was tapping him up and publicly praising him.

Fans right off players way too quickly it is astonishing. Christensen is only 22 and I still think he will become a top CB. Fans are very fickle. Opinions change way too easily.

23 minutes ago, Stats said:

Fans right off players way too quickly it is astonishing. Christensen is only 22 and I still think he will become a top CB. Fans are very fickle. Opinions change way too easily.

Yep. One good game and everyone will be back on the hype train.