Andreas Christensen

Wilson

Big fan of him and thought he was great when he broke out last year. Has all the makings of a top defender but with the lack of game time, I will accept it if he leaves (With a buy-back ofcourse)

There's Ampadu and there's always Nathan Ake

Monaco emerge as favourites to snap up Chelsea misfit

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/monaco-emerge-as-favourites-to-snap-up-chelsea-misfit

French giants Monaco have emerged as the favourites to sign Chelsea central defender Andreas Christensen in the new year.

The Denmark international was a regular starter under Antonio Conte last season but has been largely overlooked by Maurizio Sarri since the Italian’s arrival at Stamford Bridge.

The 22-year-old has made just three appearances for the Blues this term and has been kept out of the side by the improving partnership of David Luiz and Antonio Rüdiger.

Christensen has already revealed that he is looking to play regular football at this point in his career, although a return to Borussia Mönchengladbach – where he spent two years on loan from 2015 – has been ruled out.

And now, according to Foot Mercato, struggling Monaco are keen on landing the defender.

They sacked boss Leonardo Jardim recently after a woeful start to the season and have now turned to Arsenal legend Thierry Henry to revive their fortunes.

A loan deal looks the most likely, although the report goes to add that there will probably be an option to buy included.

snip

It's happening isn't it? We're gonna lose Christensen to keep Luiz. One is past his prime and the other has yet to reach it with tons of potential. When will the club start looking to the future instead of living only in the moment? I'm not opposed to Luiz playing at the moment and I'm also not a fan of AC's attitude and form, but I understand him and it's true that a player of his caliber cannot forever be pushed around. The club need to start doing something about it to avoid the next De Bruynes and Salahs (who were shunned for Oscar and Willian ffs, like AC is about to be for DL).

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Monaco emerge as favourites to snap up Chelsea misfit

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/monaco-emerge-as-favourites-to-snap-up-chelsea-misfit

French giants Monaco have emerged as the favourites to sign Chelsea central defender Andreas Christensen in the new year.

The Denmark international was a regular starter under Antonio Conte last season but has been largely overlooked by Maurizio Sarri since the Italian’s arrival at Stamford Bridge.

The 22-year-old has made just three appearances for the Blues this term and has been kept out of the side by the improving partnership of David Luiz and Antonio Rüdiger.

Christensen has already revealed that he is looking to play regular football at this point in his career, although a return to Borussia Mönchengladbach – where he spent two years on loan from 2015 – has been ruled out.

And now, according to Foot Mercato, struggling Monaco are keen on landing the defender.

They sacked boss Leonardo Jardim recently after a woeful start to the season and have now turned to Arsenal legend Thierry Henry to revive their fortunes.

A loan deal looks the most likely, although the report goes to add that there will probably be an option to buy included.

snip

swap him for Djibril Sidibé

6 minutes ago, the wes said:

swap him for Djibril Sidibé

Sidibe has regressed the last season and a half, unfortunately.

I would be much more open to a 2 for 1 swap:

Benjamin Henrichs and Pietro Pellegri. Toss in £10-15m to grease the deal.

I think we need to use our buyback option on Åke. He is a truly rock solid EPL CB, and we will never spend the cash on the CB we SHOULD buy, de Ligt.

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Sidibe has regressed the last season and a half, unfortunately.

I would be much more open to a 2 for 1 swap:

Benjamin Henrichs and Pietro Pellegri. Toss in £10-15m to grease the deal.

I think we need to use our buyback option on Åke. He is a truly rock solid EPL CB, and we will never spend the cash on the CB we SHOULD buy, de Ligt.

Why sign a right back and a 18 year old striker, regardless how good he could be, who would in all likelihood never play? While getting rid of one of the best young CBs in Europe to resign a average one? This is not FIFA. It's not as easy as that.

Ake, for me is still an average CB, he'd fill the homegrown quota and be an option but he's hardly an improvement on anything we have, he's not an improvement on Christensen so getting rid of him for a RB when we've got 2 already (as well as Ola Aina and Reece James out on loan), a 18 year old striker who'd never play (he's even been linked back with a loan move to Italy).. would be idiotic at best. 

Christensen should have a bit of patience and faith, he will be a regular soon enough.

On 24/10/2018 at 7:57 AM, OneMoSalah said:

Why sign a right back and a 18 year old striker, regardless how good he could be, who would in all likelihood never play? While getting rid of one of the best young CBs in Europe to resign a average one? This is not FIFA. It's not as easy as that.

Ake, for me is still an average CB, he'd fill the homegrown quota and be an option but he's hardly an improvement on anything we have, he's not an improvement on Christensen so getting rid of him for a RB when we've got 2 already (as well as Ola Aina and Reece James out on loan), a 18 year old striker who'd never play (he's even been linked back with a loan move to Italy).. would be idiotic at best. 

Christensen should have a bit of patience and faith, he will be a regular soon enough.

A number of points

Heinrichs is only 21 and an upgrade on Zappacosta and Pietro Pellegri will more than likely be a special player someday. If we want to have superstars without dropping 100 million quid, we have to roll little dice every now and then.

Reece James is a LB, not a RB I hope to hell he can come though and BENCH Alonso soon. Sarri is cray cray when saying Alonso is close to best LB on planet, that is madness.

Ola Aina is not a Chelsea level player

Christensen wants out, Monaco wants him, I think my 2 for one plus cash is good business long term. Slap a buy back clause in there.

I want de Ligt. BAD He will end up being one of the top 3 CB's in the world, and he is super young AND experienced.

But, we will not drop the cash as EVERY top 10 club in world is chasing him HARD.

I watch our board with CB's.

Mourinho wanted Raphaël Varane for years, FAIL

Sarri wanted Rugani      FAIL

Mo and Conte wanted Leonardo Bonucci for years    FAIL

Conte and Sarri tried for years to get Koulibalay    FAIL

We went after Stones multiple windows and failed (GOOD, he is mediocre IMHO, I do not rate him)

Sarri and Conte AND Mourinho all wanted/wanted Romagnoli for years... FAIL

Sarri wanted Caldara     FAIL

If AC leaves we surely need a CB in to replace him, and Åke is a guaranteed buy with the BB clause, sooooooo thats why I suggested it would be good business probably

I DO have others I prefer:

Matthijs de Ligt 

Marquinhos

José Giménez 

Dayot Upamecano

Niklas Süle

Benjamin Pavard (best value as he can also play RB)

Alessio Romagnoli (Sarri's favourite)

Kalidou Koulibaly (this will be last summer I recco him, as he will be 28, and we would get only 2 under-30 full years out of him, Poison Dwarf will no doubt want too much (£80-100m) for a player his age.

Milan Skriniar

Rúben Dias (21yo, so impressed with him every game I have seen him play)

Thilo Kehrer (board fucked that up and PSG stole him for only £33m and , like Pavard, he can play RB as well (he has started for Germany there )

and maybe

Jonathan Tah (he so intrigues me, he and Rüdiger would be a terrifying duo)

Or

Nikola Milenkovic (same height as Tah, 1.95m, another huge but pacey beast)

BUT none of those are sure things in terms of us winning the buying race and certainly almost all will be more expensive now than Åke would be. Åke is, as stated, a rock solid proven EPL CB, I have seen him play many times, and I would not spit the dummy IF he replaced AC and the AC deal brought us both Heinrichs and Pietro Pellegri.

I prefer  RB Valentino Lazaro of Hertha over Heinrichs, but if the Heinrichs/Pellegri deal presented itself, well, I wont lose sleep, and we could actually buy both VL and BH, IF/When Azpi leaves (which may be soon or may be a LONG time from now, so who knows), as they are both far younger than him.

RB Achraf Hakimi is already a beast at 19yo (on loan at Dortmund) but Real Madrid will never sell him now

Look at my favourite player on my site profile. I love AC, but he isn't being played and if he wants to leave, we cant stop him without turning it into nightmare.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

A number of points

Heinrichs is only 21 and an upgrade on Zappacosta and Pietro Pellegri will more than likely be a special player someday. If we want to have superstars without dropping 100 million quid, we have to roll little dice every now and then.

Reece James is a LB, not a RB I hope to hell he can come though and BENCH Alonso soon. Sarri is cray cray when saying Alonso is close to best LB on planet, that is madness.

Ola Aina is not a Chelsea level player

Christensen wants out, Monaco wants him, I think my 2 for one plus cash is good business long term. Slap a buy back clause in there.

I want de Ligt. BAD He will end up being one of the top 3 CB's in the world, and he is super young AND experienced.

But, we will not drop the cash as EVERY top 10 club in world is chasing him HARD.

I watch our board with CB's.

Mourinho wanted Raphaël Varane for years, FAIL

Sarri wanted Rugani      FAIL

Mo and Conte wanted Leonardo Bonucci for years    FAIL

Conte and Sarri tried for years to get Koulibalay    FAIL

We went after Stones multiple windows and failed (GOOD, he is mediocre IMHO, I do not rate him)

Sarri and Conte AND Mourinho all wanted/wanted Romagnoli for years... FAIL

Sarri wanted Caldara     FAIL

If AC leaves we surely need a CB in to replace him, and Åke is a guaranteed buy with the BB clause, sooooooo thats why I suggested it would be good business probably

I DO have others I prefer:

Matthijs de Ligt 

Marquinhos

José Giménez 

Dayot Upamecano

Niklas Süle

Benjamin Pavard (best value as he can also play RB)

Alessio Romagnoli (Sarri's favourite)

Kalidou Koulibaly (this will be last summer I recco him, as he will be 28, and we would get only 2 under-30 full years out of him, Poison Dwarf will no doubt want too much (£80-100m) for a player his age.

Milan Skriniar

Rúben Dias (21yo, so impressed with him every game I have seen him play)

Thilo Kehrer (board fucked that up and PSG stole him for only £33m and , like Pavard, he can play RB as well (he has started for Germany there )

and maybe

Jonathan Tah (he so intrigues me, he and Rüdiger would be a terrifying duo)

Or

Nikola Milenkovic (same height as Tah, 1.95m, another huge but pacey beast)

BUT none of those are sure things in terms of us winning the buying race and certainly almost all will be more expensive now than Åke would be. Åke is, as stated, a rock solid proven EPL CB, I have seen him play many times, and I would not spit the dummy IF he replaced AC and the AC deal brought us both Heinrichs and Pietro Pellegri.

I prefer  RB Valentino Lazaro of Hertha over Heinrichs, but if the Heinrichs/Pellegri deal presented itself, well, I wont lose sleep, and we could actually buy both VL and BH, IF/When Azpi leaves (which may be soon or may be a LONG time from now, so who knows), as they are both far younger than him.

RB Achraf Hakimi is already a beast at 19yo (on loan at Dortmund) but Real Madrid will never sell him now

Look at my favourite player on my site profile. I love AC, but he isn't being played and if he wants to leave, we cant stop him without turning it into nightmare.

Hendrichs struggled at Leverkusen last season, he has talent but it wouldn't necessarily be an instant improvement this is the real world not FIFA or PES. Also Azpi will still be the undoubted starter still. Also again Pellegri May be extremely talented and maybe a special player one day but that won't happen here, he'd be farmed out on loan 4 or 5 times lets not kid ourselves.

Reece James is a right back. 1000%. Jay Dasilva is a left back. Perhaps who your thinking of. 

Guys like Lazaro, Hakimi etc need to prove themselves still, not even half a season in yet. Benjamin Pavard for me will be a top RB though, absolutely top class defensively solid and able to go forward. Been keeping an eye on him for a few seasons now and world cup he was excellent.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hendrichs struggled at Leverkusen last season, he has talent but it wouldn't necessarily be an instant improvement this is the real world not FIFA or PES. Also Azpi will still be the undoubted starter still. Also again Pellegri May be extremely talented and maybe a special player one day but that won't happen here, he'd be farmed out on loan 4 or 5 times lets not kid ourselves.

Reece James is a right back. 1000%. Jay Dasilva is a left back. Perhaps who your thinking of. 

Guys like Lazaro, Hakimi etc need to prove themselves still, not even half a season in yet. Benjamin Pavard for me will be a top RB though, absolutely top class defensively solid and able to go forward. Been keeping an eye on him for a few seasons now and world cup he was excellent.

Sorry about the mix up with RB/LB, had the wrong Reece James, LOLOLOL

Damn web put our 1999 born Reece pic in the 1993 born Sunderland Reece and my dyslexia took over (not joking, I have it to a fairly severe degree, my form is called agnosic dyslexia, ie. dyslexia without any accompanying agraphia, which made reading for and then writing my PhD dissertation and then my Docent-mandated thesis and academic articles and all other academic work and reading writing in general before that OH SO FUN!)

ba102515def71b1665a090b18c0eba75.png

d69e3364c5ff3d18ab6efd46b60ba8d7.png

I am just not the Azpi/Alonso fullback in Sarriball bandwagon, I think with Sarri's tutelage, a combo of

LB Junior Firpo

RB Valentino Lozano

would be far better than what we have now within a year or two max

and not buy them now, buy them in summer so both have multiple years of full time top 4 league experience (including Europe)

Azpi is just lost in the offensive aspects of Sarriball overall, and Alonso is a turtle who will get burnt over and over versus class teams

I would keep Azpi and use him as a CB and backup RB, so we only need to one CB  if/when AC leaves

I love Pavard, who would truly make Azpi expendable if we bought him as a CB, as (like you said) he is also a top class RB

this is my dream list of our 5 CB's

CB De Ligt
CB Rudiger
CB Benjamin Pavard (RB as well)
CB Alessio Romagnoli (LB as well)

CB Ethan Ampadu (MF as well)

Also, we would only need Firpo and Lozano as the only pure fullbacks as within the five CB's are their backups/rotation, so all are happy campers in terms of playing time (more or less, and injuries will happen as well, unfortunately)

Obviously Pellegri might get loaned out for a year or too, but I really think he is the next Italian superstar striker. I REALLY rate him and Luka Jovic as the next great young strikers atm   Matheus Cunha is up there after those first two.

Look at Pellegri

this is when he was 16 around 6 months back

Genoa's Italian forward Pietro Pellegri celebrates after scoring a goal during the Italian Serie A soccer match Genoa Cfc vs Ss Lazio at Luigi Ferraris Stadium in Genoa, Italy, on Sept 17, 2017.

already built nearly like a full grown man

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/football/football-meet-the-italian-mbappe-genoas-16-year-old-wunderkind-pietro-pellegri

MILAN (REUTERS) - Genoa have had little to celebrate in the last few months, but 16-year-old striker Pietro Pellegri has given Italy's oldest club at least one reason to be cheerful.

He became the youngest player to score twice in a Serie A match when he was on target in the 3-2 home defeat by Lazio on Sunday, bringing tears to the eyes of his father Marco who is Genoa's assistant coach.

Pellegri had already become the joint-youngest player to play in Serie A when he made his debut in December at the age of 15 years and 280 days, and in May, became the first player born in 2001 to score when he was on target against AS Roma.

snip

Not a great performance, doesnt help being partnered with Cahill but his body language was poor, he looked a little uneasy under possession and was generally forgettable throughout. You see the difference when Luiz steps in for him, its a shame but right now he is miles away from the first team. Needs to pull a barkley and keep his mouth shut and start grinding.

On 10/23/2018 at 8:11 PM, manpe said:

It's happening isn't it? We're gonna lose Christensen to keep Luiz. One is past his prime and the other has yet to reach it with tons of potential. When will the club start looking to the future instead of living only in the moment? I'm not opposed to Luiz playing at the moment and I'm also not a fan of AC's attitude and form, but I understand him and it's true that a player of his caliber cannot forever be pushed around. The club need to start doing something about it to avoid the next De Bruynes and Salahs (who were shunned for Oscar and Willian ffs, like AC is about to be for DL).

It's different to the KDB situation, the Belgium like for what 4 starts before being shipped off, Christensen has cost us numerous games since he fucked up vs Barcelona and we aren't talking a mini period here, we are talking 8 months since that Barca game and he hasn't once looked the player he was before that.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea are going to reject any bids to sign defender Andreas Christensen on loan or on a permanent basis in the January transfer window, according to the London Evening Standard.

Only one of GC or AC can leave, no way we'll let both go. This makes it more likely to be Gary.