test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wilson

4. Andreas Christensen

Started by Wilson,

1,350 posts in this topic

Nothing on Christensen?

Thought he was very good yesterday atleast for the first hour and seems to be slowly recovering from his massive fall from grace he had 2018. Should be looking at slowly replacing him and Luiz.

Looks like he is back on track. He had some serious confidence issues which caused him stomach problems but his recent performances have been great. I hope next season he will be the nr1 choice with Rüdi.

Sarri sung high praises of him after Brighton game. Said he was motm. Hopefully he gets more minutes in the run in of games left. Think him and Luiz look better with each other than him and Rudiger tbf.

Clockwork likes this

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Happy for him, although I think Ake is better then him and would like us to get him back. 

Ake and Andreas will be good for us. 

Think Ake is better physically and thats it. Christensen needs to become more physical, he reads it better than Ake and technically is probably superior although Ake can play LB and DM too(CB best role undoubtedly though).

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Sarri sung high praises of him after Brighton game. Said he was motm. Hopefully he gets more minutes in the run in of games left. Think him and Luiz look better with each other than him and Rudiger tbf.

I really liked how seemingly both Christensen and Luiz were able to switch, and Christensen was there to clean up when Luiz stepped up. Just the routine counters tend to give Luiz and Rudigar a lot of trouble, mainly because both players are super aggressive and poorly communicate with one another. 

DYC. and OneMoSalah like this

18 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

We’ll have some very busy weeks, next week we’ll play 3 matches(Monday, Thursday and Sunday), Im sure that there will be like 17-18players(if not more) who would play at least one full game.

I’m really happy for Andy, I hope we won’t waste him.

I'd pick Zouma over Christensen any day of the week, even if he is average on the ball.

The way Christensen bounced away of Salah is laughable for a CB and he doesnt look anywhere near confident and imposing to be rock solid CB in PL in the near future. 

Only reason I want to give him chance is because he is youth product. 

19 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I'd pick Zouma over Christensen any day of the week, even if he is average on the ball.

The way Christensen bounced away of Salah is laughable for a CB and he doesnt look anywhere near confident and imposing to be rock solid CB in PL in the near future. 

Only reason I want to give him chance is because he is youth product. 

That's fine as preferences go, but players aren't simply better or worse, and the word "solid" means very little to me. Plenty of mediocre "solid" defenders in the PL. Gary Cahill was a solid PL defender who could never play in any sort of possession system.

Both are good young defenders with completely different characteristics. Andreas is really good on the ball for a defender.

Zouma is also playing week in and week out, even when things were not going great. Andreas has hardly played this season. Match fitness makes a huge difference esp around physicality and reading of the game.

7 minutes ago, Robchels said:

. Andreas has hardly played this season. Match fitness makes a huge difference esp around physicality and reading of the game.

He was mugged off last season too under Conte when he was getting a stretch of games. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He was mugged off last season too under Conte when he was getting a stretch of games. 

I know... his form dipped towards the end of the season.

Just disagree with the overuse of better, worse, and "solid." :)

Stones was also NOT solid, until he was... and because he's technically gifted, he's an excellent player.

7 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Stones was also NOT solid, until he was... and because he's technically gifted, he's an excellent player.

Bulked up the season after and now he's hardly shoved off the ball. Can't be said about Christensen