Andreas Christensen

Wilson

He still has a long way to go before he is a first team player, blew very hot and cold in the final.

His raw talent is obvious but if he is going to use a play me or let me go ultimatum to the club at this age, only one thing will happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked Chelsea what plans they had for me, and they told me they have a couple of ideas. I haven't been told what they are, but I'll know during summer. The best thing would of course be to join the first team squad, but if they want me to go on loan I'll happily do it if that's what I need to do in order to reach the first team. But I'd rather stay in Chelsea and fight for a place.

Bold: So the situation is not as black and white as it was painted previously?

No, not at all. I think the media made more of it than it actually was. I haven't made any ultimatum (?) to the club. I have absolutely no intentions of leaving Chelsea. [if I go on loan] I'd like to stay in England to maintain the mentality. That'd be the optimal thing to do, but I haven't had many thoughts about it.

Looks like Christensen is finally getting some good advice. He's too young for the first team and will need to go on loan to get the experience necessary to challenge for that role in the future.

• 1 month later...
The agent of Chelsea starlet Andreas Christensen has rejected reports linking his client with a loan move to Sunderland.

Speculation has been mounting for some time that the 18-year-old defender could be allowed out on a season-long deal in 2014/15.

Sunderland are reported to be leading the chase for his services, with Gus Poyet prepared to offer the youngster a Premier League stage on which to perform.

Christensen has, however, not given up on taking that step at Stamford Bridge – with Chelsea holding the promising centre-half in high regard.

His representative, Sten Christensen, told Danish publication BT on the loan rumours: “That is news to me. I do not believe that Andreas will be joining Sunderland for the upcoming season. That is not my impression right now. I have not talked to the club about a loan for Andreas. At the moment, the plan is that Andreas will play for Chelsea when pre-season starts after the summer vacation. But things can change quickly in this game.”

Christensen is under contract at Chelsea until the summer of 2016.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9362723/transfer-news-agent-rejects-talk-of-sunderland-loan-for-andreas-christensen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As a Chelsea Dane, I am interrested in hearing your opinion on this lad. Here in Denmark, expectations are big towards him, and people call him an amazing talent. I agree to this, but I would love to see him play more(Loan, League Cup etc.). It seems as if we've gotten quite a nice partnership with Middlesbrough(Blackman, Bamford, Big Ken..). Could a loan towards Boro be of interest? I know that Andreas wants to play at a higher level, but a season or half-season in The Championship would definitely give him some hair on his chest. But if loaned to Boro would he even get playtime? Ayala and Big Ken seems to be doing quite well up there. What about other options? Vitesse, another CH club?

Would love to see him in the starting XI over the next years, as it would definitely give the blues some more airing time on Danish TV, and just because he's a Dane :)

As a Chelsea Dane, I am interrested in hearing your opinion on this lad. Here in Denmark, expectations are big towards him, and people call him an amazing talent. I agree to this, but I would love to see him play more(Loan, League Cup etc.). It seems as if we've gotten quite a nice partnership with Middlesbrough(Blackman, Bamford, Big Ken..). Could a loan towards Boro be of interest? I know that Andreas wants to play at a higher level, but a season or half-season in The Championship would definitely give him some hair on his chest. But if loaned to Boro would he even get playtime? Ayala and Big Ken seems to be doing quite well up there. What about other options? Vitesse, another CH club?

Would love to see him in the starting XI over the next years, as it would definitely give the blues some more airing time on Danish TV, and just because he's a Dane :)

We don't loan him out abroad because we need to have home grown players.

Also, we shouldn't loan him out to Middlesbrough as long as Omeruo is there. Ayala is theirs and he seems to be untouchable.

Christensen is still very young, playing in the U21 team at the age of 18 is fine. We should only loan him out if we found him a team that is serious about him. We let Kalas go to Cologne and he hasn't played a minute there.

We don't loan him out abroad because we need to have home grown players.

Also, we shouldn't loan him out to Middlesbrough as long as Omeruo is there. Ayala is theirs and he seems to be untouchable.

Christensen is still very young, playing in the U21 team at the age of 18 is fine. We should only loan him out if we found him a team that is serious about him. We let Kalas go to Cologne and he hasn't played a minute there.

Boro is maybe not a option - but there must certainly be other clubs in which he could be of interest.

You're right, he is young, and developing quite fine in the U21 team, but a loan at a CH club with more spectators, playing against more experienced players etc, would be of more interest both for him and the club.

Kalas will hopefully get his change - let's hope he is still developing into the German lifestyle :)

• 3 weeks later...

JT has had some nice words to say about him. Tipping him to eventually replace him in the side it seems. Hard to judge how good he is defensively while playing in the youth team/U21s, but he is an absolute natural on the ball.

Here's the quotes:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9520934/premier-league-john-terry-tips-chelsea-youngster-andreas-christensen-for-stardom

• 1 month later...

I think Solanke should get him "a nice bottle of red wine" for yesterday. He assisted his first two goals on a silver plate and set up the move for his hat-trick goal. He looks so much more mature and developed than the rest of his teammates, even if not as talented as the likes of Boga or Musonda.

I think Solanke should get him "a nice bottle of red wine" for yesterday. He assisted his first two goals on a silver plate and set up the move for his hat-trick goal. He looks so much more mature and developed than the rest of his teammates, even if not as talented as the likes of Boga or Musonda.

For his position I'd say he is equally as talented as those two - he is so comfortable with the ball and has the ability to pick a pass or advance into the midfield and create openings. He really is one of the most promising young players around in any position.

For his position I'd say he is equally as talented as those two - he is so comfortable with the ball and has the ability to pick a pass or advance into the midfield and create openings. He really is one of the most promising young players around in any position.

Solanke is a quality talent no question, doesn't have any weakness to his game whatsoever. If he develops well we'll have a very special player in the ranks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of his comfort zone it seemed today. Last 10 minutes all our attacks came down the right. When he found the ball he just layed it off to someone else. Was petrified to make a mistake. In the end Jose swapped him and Azpi over. Not ready.