Andreas Christensen

Wilson

Ashton is actually a Chelsea fan. And the points he raised, while he did put them in a poor manner, are points that most Chelsea fans have talked about at one point or the other. Got absolutely nothing to do with Liverpool.

Kalas is leaving in the summer. He's made it clear that he wants nothing to do with the club after this season and honestly I can't blame him. Zouma will most likely be loaned out which is the best thing for him, imo as he will probably have a similar season to Kalas if he stays.

You have every right to hope, but everything in the experiences of the past decade suggests that it will be the opposite. I will get attacked for this, but the fact that Jose is our manager makes it even less likely that any of the youngsters will ever see first team action. Like it or not he's failed/refused to integrate youth in his time at Chelsea and I think that has a lot to do with the character and experience he likes his teams to have. The fact that the FSW who knew he was leaving at the end of the season cared more about giving youngsters chances speaks volumes.

Last time Huth got games despite us having the 3 best CB's in the prem.

Wait I thought RLC was the highest paid player from the academy. also there's no justifiable reason why Christensen should be on higher wages than Nathan ake.

Same thing as Carlo giving a little time to Kakuta, Josh and such here and there.

Integrating a young prospect is a whole different thing.

I agree with Choulo, I don't have high hopes with our youth.

I will believe once I see it with my own eyes, and not blindly hope that Mourinho will work his magic with our youth.

Same thing as Carlo giving a little time to Kakuta, Josh and such here and there.

Integrating a young prospect is a whole different thing.

I agree with Choulo, I don't have high hopes with our youth.

I will believe once I see it with my own eyes, and not blindly hope that Mourinho will work his magic with our youth.

Huth got 38 games in the back to back title season's most off them being starts, not bad considering his competition.

Mikel came in as a teenager and started 2 Cup final's, 17 year old Sinclair made his debut in a title decider.

Jose being a youth hating maniac just isnt true when you peel down the layers.

Choulo Regarding the Kalas situation, he got injured and we had a settled back 4 by the time he returned, but even then maybe if he didn't get terrorised by semi pro footballers in the middle east he would have had more game time.

Huth got 38 games in the back to back title season's most off them being starts, not bad considering his competition.

Mikel came in as a teenager and started 2 Cup final's, 17 year old Sinclair made his debut in a title decider.

Jose being a youth hating maniac just isnt true when you peel down the layers.

Choulo Regarding the Kalas situation, he got injured and we had a settled back 4 by the time he returned, but even then maybe if he didn't get terrorised by semi pro footballers in the middle east he would have had more game time.

We shall see.

I will think by middle of next season and third season some progress in this area should be seen.

If not, then nothing new.

I never expected the first season of Mourinho to go all youth, more like in a second...somewhere in the mid and third season.

We already have a team with many young players, some being quite important. But talented as they are they are still working on being more consistent. But as they are young they need to be backed up by other more experienced players, whatever their future potential. The fact that they already fill in important roles in our squads makes it even more important. You just can't have that many young players in a squad, especially when the squad isn't as well balanced and build up yet as it could be. That or we shouldn't make such high demands (finishing near or on the top spot of the PL and getting far in the CL). If Hazard and Oscar grow in their roles for one, that will leave us space to implement new youngsters. Perhaps next year we'll have a Hazard whois even more influential and hopefully a quality striker that will ease our scoring problem, then we'll have much more breathing space and more quickly decided games in which young players can collect their first minutes, integrate into the team and system, earn more experience and show what their worth and work towards a starting spot.

David Luiz isn't getting games as a CB and people expect Kalas to get some. I called this in the beginning of the year. It's a waste of time to keep youth CBs as depth at a top top European team. It's just way too risk to experiment with CBs. Not worth it.

I'm going to have to disagree with the statement of Mourinho refusing to integrate youth. At Madrid he brought in Varane at 18 years old which was a massively bold move at probably the biggest club in Europe especially at the expense of Carvalho. At Chelsea in his first spell I seem to remember him playing a lot of young englishmen too, most of which were already at the club when he arrived (Parker, Joe Cole, Johnson, Bridge off hand). I must admit I didn't follow much of his time at Inter so I have no idea what he did there but I just think it's a tad unfair for people to accuse Mourinho for not bringing through youth when he's never been at a club for more than 3 years. We all know that owners demand success immeadiately and if you try to integrate youth and you get a few bad results the axe will come down so it's almost pointless to try sometimes.

I am sad about the situation with Kalas this season but lets be honest who would've thought that JT and Cahill would be pretty much fit all year round? I would've bet on at least one of them being out for a while which would've meant that Kalas would have got a lot more game time.

Not attacking you here, or overly defending Mourinho, we'll both have to wait and see, but I just have high hopes for some of our players to be integrate in when some of our older, current players retire/leave the club.

Parker, Cole and Brdge were as much "youngsters" as Oscar and Hazard are now (obviously not comparing ability, but age) and let's be honest, Jose failed with Johnson as is evident by the amount of shit that Glen talks about him. I did say here at Chelsea, but it was really at Inter that he got this "reputation" for failing to integrate youth because they had some very highly rated youngsters like Balotelli and Arnautovic who all failed to make it through (granted some of those had more to do with their attitude than Jose). Really, Varane is the only youngster Jose has managed to bring through the ranks (bar his Porto days because I know little about that).

You can't really blame the Kalas situation on JT's form because if JT and Cahill both pick up an injury, every Chelsea fan would tell you that our back four would be: Azpi-Iva-Luiz-Cole and Kalas would be on the bench. Him not staying long at one club isn't really an excuse either because last season Rafa gave chances to the likes of Piazon and Christensen and Ake was practically a first team player in the last couple of months.

The point about being successful and integrating youths is a good one, though. I always say that it is near impossible for top teams to integrate youth without the loan system. But this is exactly why I see this season as a huge opportunity missed. This season we did not have the expectations of winning any trophies. Yes we are surpassing expectations in the league and CL but the stakes were much lower. It would have been the perfect opportunity to give a couple of youngsters a chance even if it had to be at the expense of a few points

Bottom line is, Jose has obviously either failed or refused to integrate youth in his career, because Varane alone is not enough. This probably remain his reputation until he proves otherwise, and trust me there is nothing I'd like more than for him to do so.

And then was sold to buy Ben Haim. I literally facepalm when I remember that.

He played very well yesterday IMO. If he had scored after beating 2-3 men it would've been one hell of a goal! Really hope he breaks through, will be amazing for the national team if he does. He is already playing at U21 national team despite his age. Exciting prospect.

His Dad does need to take a step back a bit, the kid's 18* and he's expecting first team opportunities already? Ballsy.

*That being said, he can't be blamed for lack of faith his son will ever get said opportunity.

@ChelsTransfer: Christensen Sr: "We are forced to think about Andreas' future. From our point of view, something needs to happen after the summer. He should not spend one or two years where he stagnates. Andreas will not go on loan"

I think he will find it is best his son goes on loan to somewhere like Vitesse maybe not next season but when hes 20 so hes counted as a homegrown kid. Hes a good young player, great on the ball for a CB but still that sort of CB can always be a risk and to throw him in the first team against Liverpool potentially against a 60-70 goal strikeforce like I've been reading about on twitter and stuff could be a big risk. If he gets a start tomorrow it could be a real eye opener, he might float or sink.

• 2 weeks later...

“Andreas wants to be playing and stretching himself more. There is a problem coming and it is not about money – it is purely about his football career.”

Yep, he will have tons of chances to break into a team with an average squad of 28 and only THREE U-23 players in it. At least Boyata and Rodwell had...