test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wilson

4. Andreas Christensen

Started by Wilson,

1,396 posts in this topic

If we can buy Stones we should definitely be looking there. I would say then keep JT for another and let Christensen develop further, then bring him back and have a CB quartet of the above (in Tomo's post). That'd be excellent.

Stones, Zouma, Cahill and Christensen.

Kalas isn't good enough.

4 proper CBs are overkill specially under jose. we all know one of them will rot on the bench and wont get any chance to play at all.

4 proper CBs are overkill specially under jose. we all know one of them will rot on the bench and wont get any chance to play at all.

Stones and Zouma can play RB, those four (assuming the three young uns reach their potential) will be almost like having JT, Carvalho, Gallas and Huth again.

Stones and Zouma can play RB, those four (assuming the three young uns reach their potential) will be almost like having JT, Carvalho, Gallas and Huth again.

By "play" you mean be a physical object in the RB position, right? Because playing either as RB takes away all their strenghts and harms the team immensely both going forward and defending that side.

Gilvorak and Tomo like this

JT will be a starter here for at least the next 2 years, with an athlete of Zouma's calibre next to him he doesn't need much pace at all, and that will be our 1st choice pairing simply because we fall apart whenever he doesn't play.

JT will be a starter here for at least the next 2 years, with an athlete of Zouma's calibre next to him he doesn't need much pace at all, and that will be our 1st choice pairing simply because we fall apart whenever he doesn't play.

It's a bold assumption to make.

I would hope well before then we would have found another stable CB to carry this defence with Zouma. Relying on the fitness and sharpness of a 37 year old will be ludicrous

Edit: I really hope that was sarcasm :lol:

Amblève., Stats and Reddish-Blue like this

I would hope well before then we would have found another stable CB to carry this defence with Zouma. Relying on the fitness and sharpness of a 37 year old will be ludicrous

We've already found that CB in Christensen...now we just have to be patient and see if he develops like Courtois did

the wes likes this

£5 TC donation says I'm right. Look how shambolic our defense is even when a seasoned CB like Cahill plays. A mere stable CB is not good enough.

Totti is still around and he's nearly 40. Once you get over losing your legs age becomes far less relevant, and since JT's always had the acceleration of a double decker bus it makes little difference.

Totti is still around and he's nearly 40.

the reason totti is playing near his 40's cause the serie A is slower football the PL is much faster football than the serie A JT doesn't have the legs for the PL no more ill be very surprise if JT still at chelsea next season he will end up in america like lampard and gerarrd

the reason totti is playing near his 40's cause the serie A is slower football the PL is much faster football than the serie A JT doesn't have the legs for the PL no more ill be very surprise if JT still at chelsea next season he will end up in america like lampard and gerarrd

In my opinion as a CB and with somebody like Zouma next to him it's a negligible factor. We'll see, I expect Iva to be the one to give way for Christensen and not JT.

Not a good week but not solely at fault. He will only learn from that and return stronger. You only learn from your mistakes so this was actually the best that could happen as long as he it didn't happen here, which is exactly what loans are good for.