test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Lucas Piazón

Started by the wes,

1,440 posts in this topic
It would depend, I don't think he will get much play time if he is unable to make an impact in his first few substitute appearances - on the other hand I think Piazon is far more suited to play regularly in La Liga than in the EPL. Just as Josh found out during his loan at Swansea, physical and defensive preparation are quite important for mid table teams in the Premiership. I guess whether the loan is successful would also depend on what other business Malaga does during the transfer window - they are in the Champions League and they will have to rotate their squad if they want to do well in the League and CL.

That is what will come down to, Piazon needs to contribute and make a impact right away. Pellegrini and Malaga are not interested developing Piazon since he is there for six months, and only will play him if he perform right away.

Josh struggled early and Gylfi who was also loaned made his impact from the beginning. Tbf to Josh his problem was lack of fitness he barely played for the first team and secondly he was not even part of the reserves. It was a tough task, asking him to match Swansea intensity level and a side in the midst of fighting regulation.

Since my partner in crime Blondie is posting so well, I feel obligated to second his posting.

Well said.

Piazon either contribute or he will be set aside very quick.

Hope this was worth it cause his HG eligibility is now gone

is this fact? i thought if a player is registered for the first team as u18 his status as HG stays with his parent club...

Hope this was worth it cause his HG eligibility is now gone

No, it isn't yet. He is 19 by Jan 20 2013. So next 6 months wont matter. But from next season he should play in FA associated club.

Well Malaga has some great players in attacking three. With Isco, Eliseu (having very good season on left side) and Juaquin (experienced spanish player) plus Portillo and Buannanote in subs, Piazon will have to play very good. Unless Pellegrini gives him lot of play time or Piazon explodes in first match, I dont see him play much...But we might get surprised...

robdog likes this

It will be a gr8 learning curve for him but...................................................... other than Ba we have no strikers (No Torres doesn't count!)

It will be a gr8 learning curve for him but...................................................... other than Ba we have no strikers (No Torres doesn't count!)

Piazon shoudlnt play as a striker anyways ...

Is he more likely at Malaga? For the time being we only have Mata, Hazard, Oscar, failing-to-impress Marin, and Piazon - this could has been his chance, in January, to make an impact. It feels like we are rushing things, there is no need to fast-track him. While I will be very impressed if he makes a great impact, I anticipate he'll get the odd sub appearance here and there (like I said I'd gladly be proved wrong).

Championship would have been much better, it has done Chalobah a world of good because he is already at the level of a top Championship player, probably more, but imagine how confident and just in general content he'll be with his regular game-time and doing well, while I foresee another McEachran - type loan here. And if we did loan him, I would have preferred to see it at the end of Jan at least, give him a chance when he would have got some. With Europa League and Moses to ACON this Jan I'd actually not be surprised if he'd get the same amount of appearances here.

Anyway, best of luck to him. Moving away from Piazon, I wonder what the club are planning. We must be looking to buy a player this Jan then, yet another no.10 as the club for some reason have out themselves in that situation. Our targets bar Willian are all fleeting away. Plus, say we got Isco/Willian or whoever, we could quite easily be looking at having Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Marin, Isco/whoever, Piazon, KDB(depending on where he's played), all competing for the same 3 spots. This is not even thinking about Kakuta, Benayoun..though they will most likely go. Hmm...

CHOULO19 likes this

Is he more likely at Malaga? For the time being we only have Mata, Hazard, Oscar, failing-to-impress Marin, and Piazon - this could has been his chance, in January, to make an impact. It feels like we are rushing things, there is no need to fast-track him. While I will be very impressed if he makes a great impact, I anticipate he'll get the odd sub appearance here and there (like I said I'd gladly be proved wrong).

Championship would have been much better, it has done Chalobah a world of good because he is already at the level of a top Championship player, probably more, but imagine how confident and just in general content he'll be with his regular game-time and doing well, while I foresee another McEachran - type loan here. And if we did loan him, I would have preferred to see it at the end of Jan at least, give him a chance when he would have got some. With Europa League and Moses to ACON this Jan I'd actually not be surprised if he'd get the same amount of appearances here.

Anyway, best of luck to him. Moving away from Piazon, I wonder what the club are planning. We must be looking to buy a player this Jan then, yet another no.10 as the club for some reason have out themselves in that situation. Our targets bar Willian are all fleeting away. Plus, say we got Isco/Willian or whoever, we could quite easily be looking at having Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Marin, Isco/whoever, Piazon, KDB(depending on where he's played), all competing for the same 3 spots. This is not even thinking about Kakuta, Benayoun..though they will most likely go. Hmm...

Exactly this! Would have liked him to stay with us till the rest of the season, get the odd minutes off the bench in the cups and EL and play with the reserves and NextGen series then loan him out to the championship next season. He only just started to get used to English football, why loan him abroad? I fear we are rushing things with him. But good luck to him in Spain.