test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Lucas Piazón

Started by the wes,

1,440 posts in this topic
That's where utility players who are good but never going to be anything special like O Shea, Evans, Kalou, Geremi, Meireles, Cahill or passed their best but can still offer something players like Malouda, Essien, Ferrera, Scholes come in.. Those are the type of players you have to make your squad strong. Youngsters with potential should be out on loan until their ready.

i am not arguing against that. infact i am all for it. but the point is do we have those kinds of players. no.we are even thinking of selling lampard. so right we dont have an option. our pl squad has 24 players out of which 2 are surely leaving (so 22), 2 are extra goalies (so 20) and romeu is gone for the season (so 19). u need 16 outfield players to choose for a single match!!!

What are you people even discussing !!! with 5 very capable wingers/play-makers (Moses - Oscar - Marin - Hazard - Mata) 3 very decent emergency back-ups (Lampard - Bertrand - Ramires) , some promising players coming back from loans soon (De-bruyne - Kakuta - Hazard 2) , Piazon will never be getting enough minutes in here .

YES , we are short in numbers and our squad is very thin but that applies to almost every position except the AM/Winger 3 spots , worst case scenario 4 of the above mentioned players gets injured !! we either change the formation or call back one of our loans.

We made a huge mistake not loaning out Kakuta to the right clubs earlier , preventing him vital minutes and experience for his progress , he wasn't getting any minutes in the 1st team and back than we had only the Anelkalouda !!

We clearly need to learn something from the last few years with youth and it's choose carefully where are they heading for a loan.

Rmpr and TorontoChelsea like this

I believe Piazon can buck the trend of young players getting loaned out for experience. He's that good. There's no certainty any of the on loan midfielders will even return in the summer, perhaps maybe accepting another loan. He's not asked to potentially play as a deep lying playmaker where McEachran, Oscar and DeBruyne have been discussed. So he can slot in anywhere in the attacking third, even striker. Rafa will be utilizing him more in the new year so I'm excited to see what's in store for him and where he plays.

If you go back a few pages in this thread, the general consensus was that Piazon is overrated. Now everyone suddenly believes in him after one good cameo. Wow.

If you go back a few pages in this thread, the general consensus was that Piazon is overrated. Now everyone suddenly believes in him after one good cameo. Wow.

It was anything but general. I remember that time, Piazon was getting a lot of praise on other threads and someone posted here how he was overrated and a few people supported that.

We all went mad after Kakuta's cameo against Wolves. Let's not get too excited just yet.

In fact its not a bad thing he missed the penalty. If he'd have scored it, people would be wanking themselves into a coma over the kid.

We all went mad after Kakuta's cameo against Wolves. Let's not get too excited just yet.

In fact its not a bad thing he missed the penalty. If he'd have scored it, people would be wanking themselves into a coma over the kid.

Kakuta is not Brazilian. :ph34r:

Thought he had a really good debut and I think the potential is there in bags! Hope he fulfills it and becomes the star he definitely can be :)

Could be on his way to a loan at Malaga. Would have prefered a championship loan tbh.

I disagree. A player like him that is not physical would not learn a lot in a championship team. They are often so poor tactically.

He will learn a lot more in a spanish team.

If we are moving to build a team to move the ball around and being dominant in possession, a liga team is the best option.

Ankit likes this

Part of a deal for Isco? =P

Not a bad idea. It's clear that there's a conversation between the two clubs going on which bodes well.

Good loan for the lad too. He's had a taste of what being part of the first team is, he's travelled with the big boys and now he'll get a chance for regular football (fingers crossed) at a good club.

If it goes as well as the loans the club has sorted for other players then it could pay off big style.

I disagree. A player like him that is not physical would not learn a lot in a championship team. They are often so poor tactically.

He will learn a lot more in a spanish team.

If we are moving to build a team to move the ball around and being dominant in possession, a liga team is the best option.

I think you need to watch more Champions ship matches mate.

Unfortunately I do not watch enough of Malaga, so got some questions..

Firstly, is he good enough to get into their first team?

Secondly, what formation do they tend to use?

Do we really think this will be more beneficial then going on loan in England?