Lucas Piazón

the wes

It's not about age, it's about how ready the player is especially physically. Chalobah may be just 16 but he secured a first team spot in the championship in no time which shows that he is in advanced part of his development.

Thats very true but I think at such a young age it should be more about technical ability more than anything. Now a days football is more about technique than physicality or at least thats what I reckon. Imo Piazon is an elite talent just as Chalobah is so he should have maybe gotten a loan deal looking at the circumstances. Maybe he was kept because Robbie thought he could force himself into the team at some point. Who knows. I reckon he'll get some minutes in the CWC, which surely will do him well.

Thats very true but I think at such a young age it should be more about technical ability more than anything. Now a days football is more about technique than physicality or at least thats what I reckon. Imo Piazon is an elite talent just as Chalobah is so he should have maybe gotten a loan deal looking at the circumstances. Maybe he was kept because Robbie thought he could force himself into the team at some point. Who knows. I reckon he'll get some minutes in the CWC, which surely will do him well.

I think you could be right about that. He was even registered to play in the Champions League, so RDM must have had faith in him.

Think the only reason Piazon is still here is because of our small squad size, otherwise he'd be on loan. I watch the youth team regularly and Piazon is clearly better than everyone else on the pitch in most games. Haven't seen him in any next gen games as there's been no coverage, but even after playing games there he's received sparkling reviews in newspapers calling him the 'best player'. He's in a bit of tricky situation as he's too good for that U21 level, but then from what we've seen so far he may not be good enough for first team level (sample size is pretty small in fairness). Will be interesting to see what happens with him in January once reinforcements have been brought in. Would recommend a loan to a championship team like Brighton who are playing good football under Poyet. Maybe even a possible replacement for Zaha at Crystal Palace if he leaves

It's not about age, it's about how ready the player is especially physically. Chalobah may be just 16 but he secured a first team spot in the championship in no time which shows that he is in advanced part of his development.

Agreed.

You have to think about their positions as well. Chalobah being a 6'2 defender/defensive-mid, he loves a tackle. Obviously, he was brought through an English academy too, so it's easier for him overall to adapt to the physical side of the Championship/PL.

Piazon on the other hand; brought up in Brazil, attacking player, flair, not as well built etc. It would be a lot harder for him. A loan move to somewhere like Spain would be great for him, but realistically, I'd say we're looking Vitesse sometime in the new year.

Chalobah is 18, not 16 (as of the 12th) and is far more first team ready than Piazon.

And Piazon isn't too good for the U21s. Every team will have a best player and a worst player, it doesn't mean they're 'too good'. Billy Clifford for example is just as important to the U21s.

Chalobah is 18, not 16 (as of the 12th) and is far more first team ready than Piazon.

And Piazon isn't too good for the U21s. Every team will have a best player and a worst player, it doesn't mean they're 'too good'. Billy Clifford for example is just as important to the U21s.

Well he is. If your going to improve as a player, then you need to be pushed. The recent games I've seen of Piazon at the lower level has seemed like its been a breeze for him. Obviously playing with player like Hazard etc is going to improve his level, and 9 times out of 10 he is the best player. It's similar to Lukaku last season who was too good for reserve level, it's the same with Piazon. He'd gain much more from going on loan somewhere than playing for the U21s

@Fernando_Duarte

Piazon has lashed out on team mates, saying that most of them had no guts to play a final

Whether true or not, this kid should learn to keep his mouth shut. Creating even more unnecessary drama by talking to the media. Maybe a loan elsewhere will help put himself in perspective. He's been getting special treatment for too long mostly for being Brazilian.

I really can't see why or how this could be a good thing sadly. Players better focus on battling the other team instead of focussing on battling others within the same team. this is not passion, just blind frustration I am afraid ...

Brazilians really wanted to win this game, must be something personal. Even Ramires went aggressive at one point. And now Piazon, who had fuck all to do with anything, is having a word.

I'm guessing the competition is huge over there, maybe like CL in Europe.

"We played without any determination, without a love for the shirt. Nobody wanted to play football. At least Oscar did try," Piazon told Terra.
"I won't name names, but the team played with no will. You can't play a final like this without the will to play. That's unacceptable"
"We lacked a lot of things, especially the will to be a champion. I think Ramires, David Luiz, just the Brazilians were the only ones that gave their everything, showed character and that is why they are sad.
"I haven't spoken to anybody, but I've noticed David Luiz was upset. It's not a coincidence, he was one of the few that cared about the match, that gave his all".

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/5020/club-world-cup/2012/12/16/3607175/piazon-slams-chelsea-team-mates-only-the-brazilians-gave