Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Player in pivot needs to be mentaly and physicaly strong, leader and used to play there. Oscar is neither of that now so you cant count him to play dlp next year or we might have very weak midfield again...

team seemed to click a lot better when he dropped into middle yesterday and we played 4-4-2 but maybe i was mistaken

team seemed to click a lot better when he dropped into middle yesterday and we played 4-4-2 but maybe i was mistaken

I think you're right, but i also agree with What BlueLyon said about Oscar isnt quiet ready to play there. May sounds confusing, but not realy, i think the pivot of Mikel/Ramires-Ramires/Lampard is so unbalanced and bad for us, so Oscar in DLP was a better option for at least most games.

I havent watched KDB that much, but either way it will be stupid to sell him when he shows his talent in one of the best leagues in the world. Like someone already said, let him go only for Gundogan.

I hope we get Schurrle and keep KDB at the same time. Our squad depth would increase tenfold.

When resting Mata and Hazard, in the -3- we'll go:

from

Benayoun - Oscar - Marin

to

Schurrle - Oscar - KDB

or even

Schurrle - Oscar/KDB - Moses

KDB/Oscar - x

Which is a big improvement.

I hope we get Schurrle and keep KDB at the same time. Our squad depth would increase tenfold.

When resting Mata and Hazard, in the -3- we'll go:

from

Benayoun - Oscar - Marin

to

Schurrle - Oscar - KDB

or even

Schurrle - Oscar/KDB - Moses

KDB/Oscar - x

Which is a big improvement.

It is but we'd also have spent 100M pounds on 6 players in the past 3 years, only 3 of whom will be playing at any given time. Facing either limited resources or, as in our case, upcoming FFP, it doesn't really make sense to spend so extravagantly in one area of the pitch. It also makes little sense in terms of talent. 6 attacking midfielders will not all play regularly. Mata and Hazard will each play most of the games leaving Schurrle, KDB, Oscar, and Moses to fight it out for playing time. It's why I don't see KDB coming back next season if Chelsea buy Schurrle. If it were up to me, I'd just bring back KDB and spend our money elsewhere.

It is but we'd also have spent 100M pounds on 6 players in the past 3 years, only 3 of whom will be playing at any given time. Facing either limited resources or, as in our case, upcoming FFP, it doesn't really make sense to spend so extravagantly in one area of the pitch. It also makes little sense in terms of talent. 6 attacking midfielders will not all play regularly. Mata and Hazard will each play most of the games leaving Schurrle, KDB, Oscar, and Moses to fight it out for playing time. It's why I don't see KDB coming back next season if Chelsea buy Schurrle. If it were up to me, I'd just bring back KDB and spend our money elsewhere.

If you want to win trophies consistently then you need to have a competitive squad all around. It's been one of main downfalls this season. Manchester United demonstrate this excellently... They have Young, Nani, Valencia, Kagawa, Welbeck and Rooney to an extent, who all rotate out wide - combine their costs and you'll see that they come to around the same amount of money. Having Schurrle and KDB in our roster simultaneously opens up a lot of options tactically.

Schurrle, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, KDB fills me with a lot more confidence than Marin, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Benayoun.

It's not as easy as saying "I'd rather have KDB than Schurrle" as they both bring something different to the table. Schurrle gives you direct wing play, something we only have with Moses and arguably Hazard atm, plus is sound defensively. KDB is more of a creator which is something we have plentiful in our squad already with Mata, Hazard and Oscar. I can see your point but personally I can still see one of Oscar or KDB developing into that deeper player for our pivot - that depends on our next manager - but it's a good problem to have. Our attacking trio is the most important part of the team so in my opinion, in order for us to challenge next season, a pool of players which consists of something like Schurrle, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Oscar & KDB is almost as important as us strengthening our pivot/midfield.

I'd be against this signing if Schurrle was just another attacking mid in the ilk of lets say, Isco, but he's a lot more direct and more natural out wide than Isco is plus can do a decent job up front as he showed at Mainz under Klopp. It's why I wouldn't mind the signing.

That´s exactly how i feel.

Roman does not need some 7m profit. KDB just might become one fine player. Certainly, the potential is there.

Even though, it might be pretty hard for him to make the starting line-up now but he could easily play 30 minutes a game next year.

The 3 amigos will be more rested in process & he can even start against lesser teams, I feel.

If he is so good in Germany, he surely could be as good in EPL.

KDB should be in our starting lineup.

I don't know if he's better than Oscar...BUT if we stick with 4-2-3-1, he should take Oscar's place.

KDB looks naturally comfortable on the wings and we all know, he has freakish crossing ability...

I reckon Hazard -- Mata -- KDB would be more 'flexible & fluent' compared to Hazard - Mata - Oscar.

KDB should be in our starting lineup.

I don't know if he's better than Oscar...BUT if we stick with 4-2-3-1, he should take Oscar's place.

KDB looks naturally comfortable on the wings and we all know, he has freakish crossing ability...

I reckon Hazard -- Mata -- KDB would be more 'flexible & fluent' compared to Hazard - Mata - Oscar.

Even though, I do not know whether KDB can replace Oscar, I doubt it but one thing I do know, he should return to play for Chelsea next year. When I saw him playing with Hazard for Belgium I was very impressed then. These two boys are close friends. So, for him to settle in London should not be much problem.

I just do not believe, Chelsea needs small change like 7m for him. A 7m for Roman is like 70 € for me. Peanuts, I might add.

If you want to win trophies consistently then you need to have a competitive squad all around. It's been one of main downfalls this season. Manchester United demonstrate this excellently... They have Young, Nani, Valencia, Kagawa, Welbeck and Rooney to an extent, who all rotate out wide - combine their costs and you'll see that they come to around the same amount of money. Having Schurrle and KDB in our roster simultaneously opens up a lot of options tactically.

Schurrle, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, KDB fills me with a lot more confidence than Marin, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Benayoun.

It's not as easy as saying "I'd rather have KDB than Schurrle" as they both bring something different to the table. Schurrle gives you direct wing play, something we only have with Moses and arguably Hazard atm, plus is sound defensively. KDB is more of a creator which is something we have plentiful in our squad already with Mata, Hazard and Oscar. I can see your point but personally I can still see one of Oscar or KDB developing into that deeper player for our pivot - that depends on our next manager - but it's a good problem to have. Our attacking trio is the most important part of the team so in my opinion, in order for us to challenge next season, a pool of players which consists of something like Schurrle, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Oscar & KDB is almost as important as us strengthening our pivot/midfield.

I'd be against this signing if Schurrle was just another attacking mid in the ilk of lets say, Isco, but he's a lot more direct and more natural out wide than Isco is plus can do a decent job up front as he showed at Mainz under Klopp. It's why I wouldn't mind the signing.

You need competition and depth, but not nearly as much as people are making out. You don't need or want six starting-calibre players for 3 positions. It's a massive waste of money and talent. And we don't actually need to strengthen attacking midfield much at all. Just replace Benayoun with someone better. (Don't have to replace Marin because Marin never plays) Also, I think calling Schurrle's style of play direct is confusing (as terms like "direct" and "technical" are). Yes, he takes a ton of shots (way more than anyone on Chelsea shoots), but also likes to dribble and play slick passes. His game is very much like Hazard's and in the same position. He doesn't cross the ball much and he shoots a lot, mostly by cutting in from the left. I like him as a player and he'd be a great fit for a team like Arsenal or Spurs, but I don't see where he fits in at Chelsea. Additionally, he'd have the same difficult task as KDB would which is learning to adjust from being able to do what you want on a team (shoot when you want, try difficult passes maybe you shouldn't, etc...) to being able to fit in a role on a bigger club.

Dortmund is willing to pay millions for KDB means they are very serious to get him together with leverkusen and schalke.

So he's good enough to play for dortmund but not for us?

Do i miss something here?