Paul Pogba

Madmax

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli admits they would be unable to keep hold of former Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba if a big offer came in.

The 20-year-old swapped the north west of England for Turin last summer, departing Old Trafford on a free transfer having grown disillusioned with life under then manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Pogba has impressed in Italy, becoming a first-team regular with the Old Lady, and made his debut for France earlier this year.

Juventus are said to be close to agreeing fresh terms with Pogba, but president Agnelli admits if a huge bid came in they would not be able to keep hold of him.

"If I was to judge it from a footballers' point of view, Italy is no longer the final destination but a transit destination," he said of the fall in Serie A's standing at the Leaders in Football conference.

"I am trying to think what will be of us in two or three years' time if we get a massive offer for one of the best talents we have today, Pogba, the French 20-year-old.

"Would we be able to retain him? I don't know. I don't think at the moment we have the strength to retain such a player.

"Look at what happened to AC Milan. They had to give away Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to pay the cheques.

"At the end of the day you can be attractive, but you also need to have the economic strength."

Can't get any better than this. Sign him up.

Doubt that would be nearly enough. They'd probably demand enormous, wonder kid type cash for him. Like Hazard money.

hmmm!!! maybe!!! not sure. he definitely is not a wonderkid, and we dont want him THAT BADLY. 20 mil or at max 25 mil has to be the limit.

but he is really good. pogba-rambo pivot would be phenomenol.

hmmm!!! maybe!!! not sure. he definitely is not a wonderkid, and we dont want him THAT BADLY. 20 mil or at max 25 mil has to be the limit.

but he is really good. pogba-rambo pivot would be phenomenol.

Honestly we do need him that badly... We've been needing a class DM for quite some time

we do need a DM but would u buy pogba for something like 30-35mil? even 25 mil is a stretch, i feel.

Given today's market I'd go up to 35M tops. Yeah, he's probably not worth it yet, but he will be and it would feel good to rub him in United's face... That alone is worth 10M :D

we do need a DM but would u buy pogba for something like 30-35mil? even 25 mil is a stretch, i feel.

That's a nice bit of gamble to make IMO after all the shit transfers we've made in the past.

We can't afford to let teams like City buy him who already have a solid centre midfield at their disposal.

That's a nice bit of gamble to make IMO after all the shit transfers we've made in the past.

We can't afford to let teams like City buy him who already have a solid centre midfield at their disposal.

thats a bit harsh on our board. except for the striker region, our transfers have been pretty good.

city just bought fernandinho for 40mil. yaya is one of the best CMs in the world. with the likes of garcia, rodwell on the bench, pogba will be stupid to choose city over us.

thats a bit harsh on our board. except for the striker region, our transfers have been pretty good.

city just bought fernandinho for 40mil. yaya is one of the best CMs in the world. with the likes of garcia, rodwell on the bench, pogba will be stupid to choose city over us.

That's what i said, but that is not gonna prevent City from thrashing out money for him.

Not just City, we might face competition from Arsenal and United as well. Not to forget PSG, Monaco, etc...

That's what i said, but that is not gonna prevent City from thrashing out money for him.

Not just City, we might face competition from Arsenal and United as well. Not to forget PSG, Monaco, etc...

we will face competition to sign any good player.

but the only teams who are in actual need of pogba in us or united.

dont know much about monaco but psg would be awesome with a pivot of veratti-pogba. he would be a nice strong buy for them. plus he is french so would make even more sense for him.

arsenal definitely wont go for him. ramsey, wilshere, with arteta and flamini and diaby on the injury list.

still am not convinced that city would go after him

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You