test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Gary Cahill

Started by BlueLion.,

3,631 posts in this topic

see guys, I told you he was a good player.....

but really , he is clearly better off in the 3, I wouldnt swap terry in for him at the minute

Tautvix likes this

3 minutes ago, lucio said:

see guys, I told you he was a good player.....

but really , he is clearly better off in the 3, I wouldnt swap terry in for him at the minute

It's clearly better for some of the players. Helps to hide their deficiencies.

And imagine what we can do when we actually get players who fit the current formation.

Fernando and lucio like this

14 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I criticised him alot, but I must say he was realy realy good since we went to 3 in the back. 

Agreed! Good move by Conte making him captain also, him and Luiz have really stepped up their game and like a post slightly above, 3 at the back helps hide some players deficiencies.

Chelseabluerising likes this

|-Near and Far: Gary Cahill-|

WHAT CHARACTERISTICS DEFINE YOUR COUNTRY?

I would say British people have a great sense of humour, we’re passionate, loyal and don’t take ourselves too seriously.

WHAT PART OF THE COUNTRY ARE YOU FROM AND WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE THING ABOUT IT?

I’m from Sheffield and my favourite thing about it is Meadowhall, which is a massive shopping centre. I spent a lot of my time there as a youngster so it gives me happy memories.

WHAT SPORTS OTHER THAN FOOTBALL ARE BIG IN THE AREA YOU GREW UP AND DID YOU PLAY ANY OF THEM?

Cricket is very big in my area but I didn’t play because my school was predominantly a football school. A lot of people played cricket out of school time as well but it’s pretty much a straight choice between the two and obviously I chose football.

YOU’VE SEEN A LOT OF THE WORLD – WHERE ARE YOUR FAVOURITE PLACES?

I’d have to say America and Dubai. I really enjoy going to both. If I had to pick a city in the US it would be New York because there’s so much to do, so much going on, and the people have a real good attitude to life.

WHAT’S THE LONGEST YOU’VE EVER BEEN AWAY FROM HOME?

Probably about four weeks when I played at the World Cup in 2014. We spent time in Portugal and Miami in the build-up to the tournament so in total we were away for a long time.

WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO THAT YOU’VE NEVER BEEN BEFORE?

I’d love to go to Malibu, I’ve always wanted to go there. We’ve been to Thailand (pictured below) for a football tour but I’d like to go there again and do it properly. When you’re there for football you see a bit of the place but not as much as you would if you were there in your own time, so it would be nice to go back there and visit a few different areas.

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF LIVING WHEN YOU FINISH PLAYING FOOTBALL?

I’d have to say Sheffield because it’s where all my family and friends are. I’d move back up north for family reasons and either live in Sheffield or somewhere close by, but I'd still do a lot of travelling and visit new countries because I think it's important to do so.

chelseafc.com

MefiX19 likes this

29 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Conte has turned this guy into one of the best CBs in the league.

Cant wait to see what he does with Zouma.

Just get him any player Conte want and he will turn them into a beast. 

Remember Mourinho used to do this back in his days. Mourinho Mark I was just like that, now he's gone. 

We got the new genius of the world futbol now. Conte, Klopp and Simeone are the genius of futbol right now for me. 

It's gone unnoticed a bit but Cahill benefits from this system and the movement it brings so much, too. No longer does he have to carry the ball but can play a pass straight away with at least 2 options available all the time.

Passing the ball really well and playing the lcb to perfection now, really makes an efforr to go wide for Luiz and make good angles to pass to Alonso first time. Good job Gary. 

Done great but still would want someone else next season then him. 

Let's see if Zouma and Christensen are any good when they are back from injury and loan. 

On 05/11/2016 at 6:20 PM, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Conte has turned this guy into one of the best CBs in the league.

Cant wait to see what he does with Zouma.

Zouma isn't going to get a sniff in this current system. His skill-set, particularly his passing and ability to bring the ball out from defense doesn't mesh well with this system at all. You need to have at least a modicum of ball-playing ability. 

13 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Zouma isn't going to get a sniff in this current system. His skill-set, particularly his passing and ability to bring the ball out from defense doesn't mesh well with this system at all. You need to have at least a modicum of ball-playing ability. 

I think you need to give Zouma a chance mate. 

Cahil was dog shit last season - as were a lot of players - but a new system a bit of coaching- he's looking relatively solid. 

To write Zouma off when he hasn't even kicked a ball for Conte is a bit premature IMHO

11Drogba and Chelsea Legend 11 like this

3 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

I think you need to give Zouma a chance mate. 

Cahil was dog shit last season - as were a lot of players - but a new system a bit of coaching- he's looking relatively solid. 

To write Zouma off when he hasn't even kicked a ball for Conte is a bit premature IMHO

I'm not writing him off, just giving an assessment based off his skill set. I'm not sure how his attributes translate to this new system. Obviously, Conte might see it differently. He knows much more than all of us put together. Also, give Cahill a chance, Muzchap. He's been really good in this new system. Who cares what happened last season at this point. 

Tomo and Muzchap like this

11 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I'm not writing him off, just giving an assessment based off his skill set. I'm not sure how his attributes translate to this new system. Obviously, Conte might see it differently. He knows much more than all of us put together. Also, give Cahill a chance, Muzchap. He's been really good in this new system. Who cares what happened last season at this point. 

I am giving Cahil a chance :) he's been amazing :)

11Drogba likes this