The FM Thread

.Cee

Thanks mate, but Jype was faster :)

I sold Essien(6,5m€) to Galatasaray.

Loaned KDB to Newcastle, Josh to Norwich and Romelu to Everton.

I bought Falcao(50m€) and loaned Pogba.

First game of season at home to Swansea; won 5-1 4x Falcao :cool: and Mata scored.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First you should set each player's individual instructions section 'shoot from range' to rarely, which you might have done already. On it's own that setting won't do you much good but you need encourage your players to play more of a possession game with short passes and the shooting will go down at some point.

What formation do you play and which roles do you have for your players? You should have a couple of wingers or at least very attacking full-backs / wing-backs to offer width at all time, allowing your midfielders another passing option out wide rather than have everyone in the middle close to the opposition players so that the only option is to shoot. Apart from maybe one or two guys you should set your midfielders and wingers to Support duty instead of Attack because it will make your players more willing to play for the team and not just try to be the hero and score on their own all the time. Even with Support Wingers I've had wide players scoring 30 goals a season while still assisting another two dozen so it doesn't really matter what the duties and roles are if the teams is clicking together very well.

Just my two cents, believe me when I tell you I'm no expert. :lol:

Thanks mate, but Jype was faster :)

I sold Essien(6,5m€) to Galatasaray.

Loaned KDB to Newcastle, Josh to Norwich and Romelu to Everton.

I bought Falcao(50m€) and loaned Pogba.

First game of season at home to Swansea; won 5-1 4x Falcao :cool: and Mata scored.

Wow i must start by saying sorry @Jype but i did not get a notification when u quoted me but i did when Hamilton quoted me and then i did not scroll up so i thought his post was the first after mine....

Anyway now that i switched it to Rarely my Leverkusen team plays really well and there no unnecesarry shots from like 40 yards.

About my formation i play 4 at the back (Offensive left back so Kolarov can bomb forward when my Left Inside forward cuts in, Stayed tuned to figure out who it is but i think you already know :P)

Then i have Bender at CDM and Naingolan and Gonzalo Castro as CM's while i play Sidney Sam and André Schurrle on the wings.

I also have Kiessling as a Lone Target playing Striker (17 goals in 14 matches in my second season so far)

Thank you both guys!

Good luck to you with Leverkusen!

Falcao is repaying me allready, scored 16! in 6 games, lost one game away at City :( But demolished Milan in first CL game 5-1 4 times Falcao lol

Won the Bundesliga in my first season!

• 1 month later...

The appearance - adding crest, backgrounds, etc...

Download what you want from either of these:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=161

or

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/category/86/football-manager-2013-graphics

Usually the file you are downloading will have instructions of where to place it, but if you don't know, here's an example.

For instance, if you wanted to get club crests, you would pick out the one you like the look of, download it and extract the file to:

User/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2013/graphics/logos

If you don't have the folder 'graphics' then you need to create it, and create 'logos' within it and extract the file there. The same procedure if you wanted player faces, download a facepack, create a folder called 'faces' within the graphics folder, then extract there.

Once on the FM start screen, go to Preferences>Interface then 'Clear the Cache'. Should be on the right somewhere, then reload skin. Should be done.

Finally found the FM thread. Played since the 07 series if I remember correctly. Current playing 12 cause I'm on vacation and 13 is on Steam . Started unemployed, joined Oberhausen in the German third Division achieved promotion and moved to Eastleigh in the lowest division in England. Got promoted twice and won the FA trophy twice, and then now moved on to Stoke City and top of the npower championship . :D

• 2 months later...

Did you see poor Van Ginkel's defensive attributes? Makes it sound like he couldn't tackle a crippled drunk. Dunno who the hell gave SI info on him.

That alone was enough to make me wait for the full release before I have a go with Chelsea - need to dabble in the Editor.

dd75ced940cbe9b910ef3d86f25d7ebd.png

Nice upgrade on FM14. Could do with a little higher tackling but I'm glad his work rate is where it should be.

Only 10 for tackling? 10 for marking?! And only 10 for positioning?!! :doh:

Also think the team work should be higher than 13..

It's so annoying thath we will need to wate first patch for game to be better and more realistic,again.

3 games,3 0-0 results and every game I had about 20 shots and abou 10 on the target.

P.S Does someone know where are the screenshots saved from Fm 14 demo,I cant find anywhere

Don't like the new tactical system on it at all, can't believe they got rid of the sliders.

Nice upgrade on FM14. Could do with a little higher tackling but I'm glad his work rate is where it should be.

How's it? Worth the money?

How's it? Worth the money?

The amount of time I play the game makes it worth the money and more. I would say if you're expecting massive differences from previous versions or you don't have much free time then it might not be worth it.