test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.Cee

The FM Thread

Started by .Cee,

1,742 posts in this topic

Qqhdn5Z.png?1

bz4n39O.png?1?6401

:D

I need help with my tactic! :/.

I want a very good defensive team that can counter. I have Monaco. I'm using a 4-2-3-1. I bought Koke and RR.

Retain Posession

Shorter Passing

Play Narrower

Hassle Opponents

Use Tighter Marking

More Disciplined

Be More Expressive

Mentaility: Counter

Fluidity: Very Rigid

No player instructions besides James to Roam and shoot more and Falcao to shoot more and move into channels.

I have Toulalan as a BWM

Koke-B2B

James-Advanced Playmaker

Falcao-Poacher

I need help with my tactic! :/.

I want a very good defensive team that can counter. I have Monaco. I'm using a 4-2-3-1. I bought Koke and RR.

Retain Posession

Shorter Passing

Play Narrower

Hassle Opponents

Use Tighter Marking

More Disciplined

Be More Expressive

Mentaility: Counter

Fluidity: Very Rigid

No player instructions besides James to Roam and shoot more and Falcao to shoot more and move into channels.

I have Toulalan as a BWM

Koke-B2B

James-Advanced Playmaker

Falcao-Poacher

For any tactic you have to keep two things in mind : A) What are your players good at B ) How do you want your team to play

You should always tailor your tactics and instructions to suit best what your players bring to the table. If you want to switch styles dramatically, you'd have to bring in appropriate players.

A)To find out exactly what your players are good at and what roles do their attributes fit best, do this - go to their profile --> attributes tab --> 'Highlight key attributes for this role' --> select any role from the dropdown list and the key attributes needed for that role will be highlighted. Considering the level of your team and the level of opponents you'll face normally, I'd say any role in which most of the attributes are 14 and above would be the best role for that player. Your coaches will have already displayed their opinion on the player's best role alongside that attribute board on the profile but just ignore it, check it out for yourself.

B ) Since you're at Monaco and the only tough fixtures you'd have are maybe the PSG games, matches away to Marseille, Lyon and the UCL games, I suggest you train your team in 2 styles -

- a default attacking style for the weaker teams (home and away)

- a counter attacking style for the tougher games

When setting your style the most important thing in my experience is not so much the formation but your team instructions and playing style. It'd be a pain to type this shit so I'll give you screenies instead.

1) default -

1uEePG8.png

2) counter attack -

pmJ6zlI.png

Those are the basic templates I'd use if I wanted to emply those styles. You can always tinker a little based on your players (the player instructions are best for this). I've never used the 'shout instructions' option before; if I want to tinker, I just pause the game and make those changes on the tactics screen instead of shouting instructions.

Let me know if you need anything else :)

iseah100 likes this

For any tactic you have to keep two things in mind : A) What are your players good at B ) How do you want your team to play

You should always tailor your tactics and instructions to suit best what your players bring to the table. If you want to switch styles dramatically, you'd have to bring in appropriate players.

A)To find out exactly what your players are good at and what roles do their attributes fit best, do this - go to their profile --> attributes tab --> 'Highlight key attributes for this role' --> select any role from the dropdown list and the key attributes needed for that role will be highlighted. Considering the level of your team and the level of opponents you'll face normally, I'd say any role in which most of the attributes are 14 and above would be the best role for that player. Your coaches will have already displayed their opinion on the player's best role alongside that attribute board on the profile but just ignore it, check it out for yourself.

B ) Since you're at Monaco and the only tough fixtures you'd have are maybe the PSG games, matches away to Marseille, Lyon and the UCL games, I suggest you train your team in 2 styles -

- a default attacking style for the weaker teams (home and away)

- a counter attacking style for the tougher games

When setting your style the most important thing in my experience is not so much the formation but your team instructions and playing style. It'd be a pain to type this shit so I'll give you screenies instead.

1) default -

1uEePG8.png

2) counter attack -

pmJ6zlI.png

Those are the basic templates I'd use if I wanted to emply those styles. You can always tinker a little based on your players (the player instructions are best for this). I've never used the 'shout instructions' option before; if I want to tinker, I just pause the game and make those changes on the tactics screen instead of shouting instructions.

Let me know if you need anything else :)

Why do your team instructions look like that? Mine don't :/

Playing FM 2007. First season won everything and lost just once. Jose left me such a great squad to work with . Brought in Dani Alves, Moutinho and Torres, all three absolute beasts in the game. Also then landed Fabregas , Mata (edited potential) and Pique for long term vision and I'm planning to shell out Mikel.

Does anyone want to start an online Football Manager 14 save?

Add me on steam, hjperdeath .

I'd be up for this. We should do a Talk Chelsea one!

Add me on steam please - 'andersonbluhh'. Thanks.

hjperdeath likes this

I'd be up for this. We should do a Talk Chelsea one!

Add me on steam please - 'andersonbluhh'. Thanks.

on FIFA now, MLS team of the season came out haha. Will add once I'm on steam again. WE NEED TO DO THIS ! Maybe even make a custom TalkChelsea club.

Hey man couldn't find you.

I'll try and add you when I get back home.

If anyone else wants to join us, just leave your steam name on here...