The FM Thread

.Cee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay so I downloaded the demo yesterday (Vanilla) and have got a few hours in. Here's what I like and don't like -

Pros

1. The new Match Analysis feature is absolutely fantastic. Really love it, helps me keep in mind what sort of positions my players generally take up and thus I can suitably alter my tactics, or better still, ask them to start/stop performing certain patterns of play.

2. Equally nice is the Pre-match preparation. I like how you can ask the players to focus on a particular training type just before the match.

3. Media interaction has improved tremendously, finally a break from the repetitive and tedious press conferences of previous editions.

Cons

1. Don't like the new agent system. Too many agents clogging my inbox by offering players I'd have little interest in. The different transfer clauses are nice though, and make the game more realistic.

2. Assistant advice is crap most of the times and it gets really irritating when the backroom staff keep coming to you with the same 'advice' over and over again.

Overall, defo an improvement over FM 2010, worth getting your hands on it.

I'll admit guys, never played this but [under pressure from my friends] I may start to reconsider. How easy is it to learn how to play?

I wouldn't say it's hard at all. If you spend some time getting to know the screens and panels, you'll get a hang of it pretty soon. In any case, it has a tutorial and in-game help. Suggest you try the demo, full game is out on Nov 5th I think.

Demo link - FM 2011 demo

I wouldn't say it's hard at all. If you spend some time getting to know the screens and panels, you'll get a hang of it pretty soon. In any case, it has a tutorial and in-game help. Suggest you try the demo, full game is out on Nov 5th I think.

Demo link - FM 2011 demo

What made you decide against the strawberry demo?

And yes, indeed it is very very easy to learn and yeah it's out on the 5th. cant wait!

Currently having a bad season. Knocked out of Carling Cup by Arsenal in the 3rd round, and atm 4th in the league 7 points off Arsenal with just 5 games left. Semi final of FA cup coming up against Arsenal (who else?). But having a great run in the UCL. Knocked out Real Madrid in the Round of 16 (3-1 agg) and currently whopping ManUre ass in the quarters. Here's a screen from the first leg away at OT :

ManUtdvChelsea.png?t=1288127556

Currently having a bad season. Knocked out of Carling Cup by Arsenal in the 3rd round, and atm 4th in the league 7 points off Arsenal with just 5 games left. Semi final of FA cup coming up against Arsenal (who else?). But having a great run in the UCL. Knocked out Real Madrid in the Round of 16 (3-1 agg) and currently whopping ManUre ass in the quarters. Here's a screen from the first leg away at OT :

ManUtdvChelsea.png?t=1288127556

lmao. loooooovely result lol.

Okay, got the game only played as Bradford and doing below par, will try with Chelsea but could you list some decent players for me please.

Also, tactics aren't my best, what normally works and what doesn't?

Edited by ZanSnake