Frank Lampard

DavidEU

When he's long retired he will still be remembered as a club legend and a statue will probably be made outside the bridge for his honors and the commitment he gave to this club and all this City transfer business will be a thing of the past along with Denis Law's relegation goal.

Lampard’s arrival at City was a surprise given the statement he made on 27 July on “joining” NYCFC. “I didn’t want to play anywhere else in England because I had been so affiliated with one club,” he said. “So it made sense for me to move.”

How could he say that, knowing he was going to City? What a doucebag.

I stated you cannot say he is selfish for refusing to allow Drogba to take the penalty. I get the other Lampard abuse etc but when you are clutching at straws to prove your point, it comes across silly. Anyway I think that thread proves who the majority agree with.

Here we go again, when you are losing an argument you tend to get personal.

I will reiterate my point again for the n^th time. "Lampard is a selfish person." That was what I said and I stand by it. You opened up a thread about Hazard and Costa trying to prove that Lampard is not selfish. Not you are trying to say what? That Lampard is not selfish for taking a pk away from Drogba, but he is selfish for lying about his transfer to City. Make up your mind and stop flip flopping. The question is is he selfish or not selfish? Its a yes or no question. You are beginning to sound like a City employee. Btw: Here are the facts from CITY, they are direct quotes.

A series of points released to the media today by City are summarised as follows:

* The statement on the NYCFC website in July saying Lampard's two-year contract took effect from Aug 1, 2014 was a mistake.

* The Initial statement on the Manchester City website that it was a loan was also an error.

*.There was never a break clause in Lampard's contract dated 31 December. The short-term contract with City only ran to Dec 31 and has now been extended.

* There was a 'head of terms commitment' from Lampard to join NYCFC from Jan 1, 2015. That was extended to the end of this season.

* Any contract with NYCFC will now take effect from July 1, 2015.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2903456/Manchester-City-admit-New-York-City-mistakes-Frank-Lampard.html#ixzz3OLFo0ZtA

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Guys, it's not a loophole and it's not illegal. Let me break down how it happened and why you and others are confused:

On December 31st, City and Frank removed the break clause in his one year contract with City thus allowing him to stay in Manchester till the end of the season. The already upset NYFC fans got even more upset when the BBC revealed that he never even had a contract with them and went looking for proof, only to find that he was never registered in the wage bill for NYFC to begin with.

So, to try and save some face, the MSL and the NYFC claimed that he had signed for the MC franchise (the company that owns both teams) and that he was loaned by it to City. But the EPL does not allow third-party ownership and came investigating at City only to find out that Frank had signed with City, the club, from the beginning so there was no infringement of EPL rules.

All City did was sign a (devious) free agent on a season long contract. The rest of the charade was simply a publicity stunt to sell some NYFC season tickets and Lampard shirts and for Frank to try to preserve his public image and marketability.

"It's not so easy because Frank is a New York City player. He is only on loan until December 31, so we must respect the other people."

What am I missing here? Manuel Pellegrini had that to say on the 31st? Did he not get the memo?

Quoted in the Guardian, City said: "The statement on the NYCFC website in July saying Lampard's two-year contract took effect from Aug 1, 2014 was a mistake. [The] initial statement on City's website that it was a loan was also an error.

"There was a head of terms commitment from Lampard to join NYCFC from Jan 1, 2015. That was extended to the end of this season. Any contract with NYCFC will now take effect from July 1, 2015."

LOL

Here we go again, when you are losing an argument you tend to get personal.

I will reiterate my point again for the n^th time. "Lampard is a selfish person." That was what I said and I stand by it. You opened up a thread about Hazard and Costa trying to prove that Lampard is not selfish. Not you are trying to say what? That Lampard is not selfish for taking a pk away from Drogba, but he is selfish for lying about his transfer to City. Make up your mind and stop flip flopping. The question is is he selfish or not selfish? Its a yes or no question. You are beginning to sound like a City employee. Btw: Here are the facts from CITY, they are direct quotes.

A series of points released to the media today by City are summarised as follows:

* The statement on the NYCFC website in July saying Lampard's two-year contract took effect from Aug 1, 2014 was a mistake.

* The Initial statement on the Manchester City website that it was a loan was also an error.

*.There was never a break clause in Lampard's contract dated 31 December. The short-term contract with City only ran to Dec 31 and has now been extended.

* There was a 'head of terms commitment' from Lampard to join NYCFC from Jan 1, 2015. That was extended to the end of this season.

* Any contract with NYCFC will now take effect from July 1, 2015.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2903456/Manchester-City-admit-New-York-City-mistakes-Frank-Lampard.html#ixzz3OLFo0ZtA

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I am getting personaly by stating "it comes across as silly"? That is hardly personal. You are not a baby are you? Yes, maybe Lampard is a selfish person. I never disputed that. I disputed the fact that you were using the Wigan game as evidence to prove he is selfish. That is why I said you are 'clutching at straws'. I opened up that thread to see what other fans would have expected Lamps to do and guess what the majority agreed with me. So let me reiterate, accusing Lamps of being selfish is one thing. But stating that the Wigan game proved how selfish he was is riduculous and silly imo. I don't no why you believe because I said it was silly, that I am being personal. That is how it comes across to me.

Read the thread and you will realise that people actually thought Lampard was in the right and Drogba in the wrong but because Lampard hurt a lot of our fans, you are using anything to have a dig at him. The penalty situation regarding Drogba is poor example.