test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Frank Lampard

Started by DavidEU,

8,939 posts in this topic

 

Frank Lampard is close to taking his first job in football management, Sky Sports News understands, with negotiations with Derby County at an advanced stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wes said:

 

Frank Lampard is close to taking his first job in football management, Sky Sports News understands, with negotiations with Derby County at an advanced stage.

Jody Morris will be joining him as his #2...Future CFC dugout.

Unionjack, Johnnyeye and the wes like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many Chelsea loanees they will take? this might be a blessing for Mason Mount, he has the stuff but still might not be ready physically for the PL. Maybe bring along Trev Chalobah with him. Could be a really useful stepping stone for the youth system having Lampard/Jody Morris in the championship. They might be wary of taking too many though, don't want them to look like they are being a feeder club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I wonder how many Chelsea loanees they will take? this might be a blessing for Mason Mount, he has the stuff but still might not be ready physically for the PL. Maybe bring along Trev Chalobah with him. Could be a really useful stepping stone for the youth system having Lampard/Jody Morris in the championship. They might be wary of taking too many though, don't want them to look like they are being a feeder club.

Mount should go to Fulham on loan if he doesn't return here.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be sending all loanees to Derby now :D Now I have a team to support in Championship after JT leaving A Villa.

Laylabelle and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Derby will sign JT? How weird would that be, Frank being John's manager lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Maybe Derby will sign JT? How weird would that be, Frank being John's manager lol

' Rule number 7, this rule is most underrated, keep your family and business completley srperated '

 

- Biggie Smalls

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he does really well. Frank/Jody certainly have eyes for Chelsea in the future. Bring in JT as DOF, throw Drogba on the board and we have ourselves a proper organization.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Hope he does really well. Frank/Jody certainly have eyes for Chelsea in the future. Bring in JT as DOF, throw Drogba on the board and we have ourselves a proper organization.

Yeah and imagine when they all get sacked...

Laylabelle, Johnnyeye and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lampard's Derby have gone downhill a bit since the opening Championship game. Back-to-back losses after that late win at Reading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jason said:

Lampard's Derby have gone downhill a bit since the opening Championship game. Back-to-back losses after that late win at Reading. 

Think it was an extremely risky appointment in general. Derby are always the nearly team, its big expectations that they have. For somebody who hasn't even coached at u18s or that it was a huge risk but a bold one that will still be a good experience regardless of how it goes, although I do hope he can make a success of it.

I watched the Leeds-Derby game and it was a demolition job, Marcelo Bielsa totally outwitted Lampard and they outplayed them but its a learning curve. Its nice to see younger coaches getting involved though but still I feel that sometimes the reputation as a player can give the impression they'd be a shoe in as a manager. Steven Gerrard at Rangers is somebody with experience at under 18s or 23s and so far seems to be doing well, fair enough different league but the expectation at Rangers is huge and it has chewed folk up and spit them out (have a feeling hes unbeaten in 9 games). I think Lamps could have done with a smaller step to start off, Jody Morris would probably have been more suited to going in as the manager as opposed to Lamps based on his success and more importantly his experience managing with youth teams from 2014-18, although again the youth team shit doesn't always naturally transfer over to senior football for players and managers but I generally think Jody Morris will be a top manager once he decides he wants to go make the jump.

Iggy Doonican, Vesper and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.