Frank Lampard

DavidEU

He is signing a 'contract' with Man-City, they are signing him. He isn't merely training, he's becoming a City player. Ok..

Right, next.. Frank Lampard & John Terry are part of a bygone era of Chelsea ambassadors (not just legends, more.. extensions of the club itself). Now, with such status comes responsibility, for both your legacy, and how you treat the sanctity of that association/relationship with the fans. Ashley Cole knew going to Liverpool would leave a bad taste in the mouth, Drogba understands perception and respect too. This isn't a real world employee situation, these are cult figures.

i know how loan moves work dude. and that there is a "contract". so?? how does it change ANYTHING that lamps has done for us? he is becomeing a city player, he was a west ham player BUT HE IS A CHELSEA LEGEND!!!!

right now, lamps is a professional footballer. knowing lamps and his love for the game, he simply wants to play as long as possible. he dint sign a permanent deal for any PL club and i am sure it would not have been due to a lack of offers but barely his respect for the club. now, he has a chance to train and play (though how much he ll play will be clear to us in the next few months) with WC players before the USA season starts, whats wrong with it? he will without a doubt be knowing that his role would be very limited and on the other hand, he owes it to his career and himself to train hard and with the best!!! cole dint go to pool cos he would have been a starter. yet, he dint leave for US or australia or china cos he too wanted to be competitive. and with roma he exactly gets that. if chelsea play city and roma this year, i can easily bet who would be playing against us between lamps or cole. but that does mean cole is wrong in doing it!!! infact what do u want, every legend that goes out of here should retire? these are cult figures as well as professional footballers. they have the right to decide whats best for themselves while not hurting the fans' sentiments. i think lamps is doing exactly that.

Lol. I love lampard as much as i love any non family member man.

He wanted to stay, we let him go. He wants to play in the premier league. He is and always will be a chelsea legend and playing for city won't change that at all. The guy even requested not to be selected to play against us.

Super Frankie always.

I really hope he scores a decisive goal in the title race to win the league for Man City, and then read the comments on here of everybody supporting his move to Man City.

Seriously, what the actual fuck Frank?

We are not "supporting" his move. If it was upto me I would want him to go somewhere outside PL. but I am sure he would have exhausted all his options and then deciding on this move. So fans can understand!!!

But its a completely different thing to be "hoping" that wellose the PL to a lamps goal just to say "I told u so"!!! I for one definitely kniw which is worse.

I really hope he scores a decisive goal in the title race to win the league for Man City, and then read the comments on here of everybody supporting his move to Man City.

Seriously, what the actual fuck Frank?

No one is supporting anything. But the premier league is the pinnacle and we didn't want him. Can't blame the guy for being loaned to a team who wanted to take him.

Lol at everyone getting annoyed at a player wanting to play in the premier league and not just giving up when the club he loves and loves him can't agree a new deal. He has every right to do it. And at least he didn't pick Arsenal or Spurs.

EDIT: And it must be some goal to win them the league before Jan especially seeing as he will probably never start a game and will rarely even come on.

You wanna be mad at anyone be mad at the club or Jose for not reknewing his contract.

Because either A)

He is good enough to make a difference so we should have offered him one ergo its our fault

or B)

He isn't anymore in which case him going to city will have no impact.

Neither of which are frankies fault.

No one is supporting anything. But the premier league is the pinnacle and we didn't want him. Can't blame the guy for being loaned to a team who wanted to take him.

Lol at everyone getting annoyed at a player wanting to play in the premier league and not just giving up when the club he loves and loves him can't agree a new deal. He has every right to do it. And at least he didn't pick Arsenal or Spurs.

We did not want him? Jose confirmed today that we offered him and Ash new deals...

Get your facts right next time.

You wanna be mad at anyone be mad at the club or Jose for not reknewing his contract.

Because either A)

He is good enough to make a difference so we should have offered him one ergo its our fault

or B)

He isn't anymore in which case him going to city will have no impact.

Neither of which are frankies fault.

Didn't Jose say Lampard and Cole were offered new deals????