Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Jesus. I was dreading this ever since he signed for NYC. The worse thing is it's not just emotionally damaging, knowing his professionalism and will to win, he'll hurt us on the pitch and the league table as well. The right and best move for him but I'd be lying if I said it's not a dagger to the heart.

NYCFC is going to be the feeder club for Man City, their Man City B team pretty much.

GIves City the opportunity to play their young guys and get them on loan directly to a team that will benefit their mother club. As Chelsea does with vitesse, City will do with NYCFC. However, the huge difference is that NYCFC will do everything possible to grow their players so they can eventually rejoin man city.

So, pretty much NYCFC will help Man City grow in the future and give their young players an opportunity to play .

I really dont understand how you guys cant see the link.

But if he went there without going to Man City no one will have a bad word to say about him. He went off to a different league who are a sister club for City but inferior.

But if he joins Man City, that is a different matter itself now. Regardless of what he does he still remains a Chelsea legend for me, even I will be a bit irritated to see him go Man City, that won't change my viewpoint. Appreciate everything he has done for us.

Small things can influence a title race (goal difference, vital points away etc), it just so might be that Frank Lampard contributes to us losing out on the title. Even if it's just taking the pressure of first teamers by playing in the Capital One cup. Rio won't be doing that, unless QPR battle it out with United for 4th.

Lampard could go to Australia, he doesn't live with his kids, they live with their mum; it would be a nice holiday for him.. and they could visit.

I'm not angry with him. I'm disappointed. I don't understand why he's doing it. He won everything with us, he earned millions with us, he's become our legend. It's not like he needs money. It's not like he failed to win trophies with us and needs more. It's not like we treated him badly--he's 36 years old, for fuck's sake, it was time to let go and move forward. By this pointless move, he's tainting his legacy in the fans' eyes. And for what? For nothing.

Small things can influence a title race (goal difference, vital points away etc), it just so might be that Frank Lampard contributes to us losing out on the title. Even if it's just taking the pressure of first teamers by playing in the Capital One cup. Rio won't be doing that, unless QPR battle it out with United for 4th.

Lampard could go to Australia, he doesn't live with his kids, they live with their mum; it would be a nice holiday for him.. and they could visit.

No no no no. The only choice is Man City!! No other team could possibly make sense!

No no no no. The only choice is Man City!! No other team could possibly make sense!

Again though, I'm sure something could be worked out. Being a Man-City bench warmer, who will collect a few minutes here and there is not playing at the highest level.

JT said he'd never play for another english club after Chelsea and I believe him. He wants a clean legacy, he knows how the fans would react.

Again though, I'm sure something could be worked out. Being a Man-City bench warmer, who will collect a few minutes here and there is not playing at the highest level.

JT said he'd never play for another english club after Chelsea and I believe him. He wants a clean legacy, he knows how the fans would react.

JT nearly left for City until we increased his wages.

PS. he wasn't paid in gummy drops and rainbows.

And I was thinking August will be a fun ride......... I'll never forget the day when my mother from her small salary bought me Frank's shirt in 2004. Man I was so proud, I think I wore it for two weeks in a row like a maniac - school, training, everywhere I was going I had the Fly Emirates shirt on me.

Wow. Just wow. Not that Lampard is going to Man City, I'm more amazed by some members' ridiculous comments indirectly claiming it will degrade his legendary status here.

the last few months of the season the match threads were full of criticism of him ... No one seemed to want him to have his contract renewed. Well he obviously thinks he can still play , He wasnt offered a contract here so went elsewhere , I see NOTHING

wrong in that