Kenneth Omeruo

Zola kinda blue

Never understood the issue of work permits in the UK. I mean if we want to hire him and he wants to work for us, where is the problem?!

Anyway, on Omerou, I think he'll be with us in preseason in the summer and then the manager (whoever he turns out to be) will decide if should loan him out or not.

it's not just football it's all jobs.

To bring a foreign national in, you have to prove there is nobody else locally with the skill-sets and they have to be an expert. For a work permit in football they generally have to be playing for their National Team to achieve this status...

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea have told Nigerian youngster Kenneth Omeruo that he'll return from loan to be in the first team squad next season (Mirror)

Now i think kalas deserves to be recalled before omeruo.Kalas has been brilliant for vitesse for almost 2 years now and like omeruo he also can play both rb/cb.

• 2 weeks later...

@Sportive23_: Nigeria International Kenneth Omeruo, 19 was a 2005 graduate of G.S.S Gwarinpa, Abuja. That means he finished High School at the age of 12

Suggests he's either a genius..or lying about his age. Or whoever is tweeting is lying.

Or that that school has some issues we don't know about..

@Sportive23_: Nigeria International Kenneth Omeruo, 19 was a 2005 graduate of G.S.S Gwarinpa, Abuja. That means he finished High School at the age of 12

Suggests he's either a genius..or lying about his age. Or whoever is tweeting is lying.

I taught in Africa ,,,ages are not to be relied on ,The reasons are sometimes complex but I would never completely accept a given age.

Again the term High School is open to different interpretations , The majority only have Primary Education not Secondary.

It would be normal to finish schooling at 12 or 13

People suggested this about him. Not the only place I heard this from. This is a common problem in countries such as Nigeria and Ghana. Hope this is not the case with Omeruo. IMO has a young face and hopefully is the real age. People use to say the same thing about Moses as he was a big beast when he was around 16 years old. It goes on though sadly.

• 2 months later...

Super Eagles defender, Kenneth Josiah Omeruo has emerged as ADO Den Haag Talent of the Year, an award equivalent to the Dutch Eredevisie side Best Player for the Season, a close source of the Nigerian has informed.

"...it is 100 percent certain that Kenneth will not be playing in the Dutch League next season. It is only UK visas that is delaying his trip and immediately he gets it he will go back to Chelsea of England where they are anxiously waiting for his arrival, the source said.

http://www.ngtrends.com/2013/05/super-eagles-defender-omeruo-wins-club-player-of-the-year-award/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter,

I dont get his recall TBH.He would be far better off going on loan to lower epl club like wigan or soton but no way he is ready for chelsea right now.Hell he doesnt even start as a CB for den haag and if we are recalling him as a back-up to azpi then kalas is a far better and more complete RB then omeruo.

Assuming he'll continue to start for Nigeria he could be playing against the likes of Balotelli, Hernandez, Cavani, Suarez..and Torres(lol).. In the upcoming Confederations Cup.

• 4 weeks later...

Him coming back would support that rumour of Ivanovic leaving. Just like Ivanovic he plays both centre back and right back. Difference is he's younger, more pace (slightly, I think) and a far lower wage.