Kenneth Omeruo

Zola kinda blue

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Omeruo was solid in his 10 minutes or so as a sub, good positioning and held discipline going forward as Nigeria attempted to hold on to their lead, only went forward when he could keep possession. He should hopefully get more chances now Ambrose got a red.

• 2 weeks later...

Super Eagles’ defender Kenneth Omeruo underlined his growing profile and his closeness to securing a return to parent club Chelsea of England after the Stamford Bridge sent scouts to watch him and their other players featuring at South Africa 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

A representative of the Nigerian told SportingLife from Holland that Chelsea are closely monitoring Omeruo and their other players to see how the Africa’s soccer fiesta pan out for them individually.

He revealed that Chelsea’s scouts had met with Omeruo and the duo of John Mikel Obi and Victor Moses to congratulate them on their impressive performance thus far and for guiding Nigeria to the quarter final of 2013 AFCON.

“Chelsea are seriously monitoring their players they released for 2013 AFCON and they are also considering bringing back Omeruo whom they had sent scouts to watch in Holland with ADO Den Haag and at the current Nations Cup.

“The 75 per cent appearance clause may hinder Kenneth’s bid to go back to Chelsea but there are strong indications that it may be overlooked for him to secure work permit. We are still studying the situation before saying anything.

“We thank God for the form of Kenneth in South Africa and it showed he got his place in the team on merit.

“We have not concluded whether he is going back to Chelsea or remaining with ADO but one thing is sure, Kenneth will like to be where he would be guaranteed playing time if he is in top form. If he won’t be assured that at Chelsea,it is better he remains with ADO for another stint,” Omeruo’s representative informed.

Omeruo has impressed me so far in ACON. While I don't think he has the talent Ake and Kalas have, I still feel he has good potential as a CB, certainly good enough for Chelsea, and he posseses the height and strength that Kalas and Ake do not have (so much). If he does make it at Chelsea I could see it as a CB though, just a feeling.

ACON is the first time I've seen him play - but definitely promising. The guy is 19 (wouldn't think it looking at him. Nigerian so you never know.. ) and is being selected over the NIgeria captain (Yobo) for a game against arguably the best African side on paper - and he does well.

I don't think he's as, 'talented' as Kalas and Ake but he still has good potential I reckon. He has the physicality that neither naturally posess.Kalas is faster and more comfortable on the ball, has got some assists from crosses this season so he could maybe make that his permanent position. Very competitive there with Azpi, Kane, Wallace and Kalas/Omeruo depending on where they play in the future. Liking what I've seen from Omeruo so far.

I don't think he's as, 'talented' as Kalas and Ake

The thing that concerns me about ake is that he is not physically strong to be a cb in england.Maybe his future is as a holding midfielder??he has played in that position before and has earned praise for his performances.

I'm not sure really, I was surprised when I found out Aké was just 5"11 as he rarely gets shown up for strength/aerial ability at youth level but then that could completely change at senior level. He has the tools to make it in both positions, think it's too early to say where he'll definitely end up. Players like Phil Jones and Puyol are 5"11 and below so it's not unheard of.

I'm not sure really, I was surprised when I found out Aké was just 5"11 as he rarely gets shown up for strength/aerial ability at youth level but then that could completely change at senior level. He has the tools to make it in both positions, think it's too early to say where he'll definitely end up. Players like Phil Jones and Puyol are 5"11 and below so it's not unheard of.

He is only 17. People tend to think you refrain from growing when u are 18 only because u are adult then. It is different from individual to individual butm en normally get taller until they are 21-24. I was 1,85m (6'1'') when i was 17 and I am almost 6'3'' now. A friend of mine has grown 4cm in 6 month and he is 25. Plus there are exercises which can stretch your spine if performed regularly. If height really is a problem one can grow 5-10 cm in 3 years after your epiphyses have already closed.

Btw. Kenneth Omeruo already is a Chelsea Player as far as i know. isnt there a forum for our youth players?

ACON is the first time I've seen him play - but definitely promising. The guy is 19 (wouldn't think it looking at him. Nigerian so you never know.. ) and is being selected over the NIgeria captain (Yobo) for a game against arguably the best African side on paper - and he does well.

I don't think he's as, 'talented' as Kalas and Ake but he still has good potential I reckon. He has the physicality that neither naturally posess.Kalas is faster and more comfortable on the ball, has got some assists from crosses this season so he could maybe make that his permanent position. Very competitive there with Azpi, Kane, Wallace and Kalas/Omeruo depending on where they play in the future. Liking what I've seen from Omeruo so far.

I don't see anything special in Tomas Kalas. He's an average utility defender who can play CB/RB/LB...and i'm guessing he'll end up like Michael Mancienne...loan spell after loan spell before we eventually sell him off to some German club.

He is only 17. People tend to think you refrain from growing when u are 18 only because u are adult then. It is different from individual to individual butm en normally get taller until they are 21-24. I was 1,85m (6'1'') when i was 17 and I am almost 6'3'' now. A friend of mine has grown 4cm in 6 month and he is 25. Plus there are exercises which can stretch your spine if performed regularly. If height really is a problem one can grow 5-10 cm in 3 years after your epiphyses have already closed.

Btw. Kenneth Omeruo already is a Chelsea Player as far as i know. isnt there a forum for our youth players?

True, plus it's not the height but the willingness to jump and the power one can get on the header, you sometimes see tall players like Sturridge and Mikel not really challenge balls in the air.

This is the Omeruo thread!

I don't see anything special in Tomas Kalas. He's an average utility defender who can play CB/RB/LB...and i'm guessing he'll end up like Michael Mancienne...loan spell after loan spell before we eventually sell him off to some German club.

Really? I think we have a great young talent, been one of Vitesse's best players for the past 18 months and he joined them when he had just turned 18.