Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Definetly a good one with Van Dijk, I would also consider Stefan de Vrij, Manolas, and we have to see what's the deal with Kalidou Koulibaly. If the price is too high I think we can get a better price with these other 3. 

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Definetly a good one with Van Dijk, I would also consider Stefan de Vrij, Manolas, and we have to see what's the deal with Kalidou Koulibaly. If the price is too high I think we can get a better price with these other 3. 

I don't see the need for another CB unless it's a Jan signing. Zouma is getting back to full fitness & Christensen should be in our squad next season.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I don't see the need for another CB unless it's a Jan signing. Zouma is getting back to full fitness & Christensen should be in our squad next season.

Kalidou Koulibaly would be a upgrade to cahill tho and cahill is the wrong side of 30 now 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Yes please. I still hurting from the Radja fail buy, but we can try one more can we? :)

I know the lads are firing on all cylinders and the relationship and teamwork couldn't be better. But I've always been told that a team strengthens when they are winners.

This is something we failed to dao in our last winning season, keeping the lads we had whether thru Mous ego thinking he could do it with the same players or we had a big cock up in the transfer team or Roman closed his walet. Whatever reason it helped to fuck us uip

Leicester also failed to do this to their loss.

So it would be great to be able to strengthen/upgrade in a few important places like both WBs, RAM and CBs but aiming for ones used to the 3-4-3 not just because theyre world class. We dont have a player over £35mill and it seems to be working out tho I also have dreams of thinking "wouldn't it be great if ......... joined us".

Keeping the players in this starting 11 plus several on the bench with a couple of loanees would give us a couple of players (WE COULD TRUST) in each position. And going into Europe (hopefully) we could run riot.

9 hours ago, Fernando said:

Yes please. I still hurting from the Radja fail buy, but we can try one more can we? :)

I doubt Roma would let him go in the January transfer window :(. We have been heavy linked with Brozovic and Badelj tho 

47 minutes ago, the wes said:

I doubt Roma would let him go in the January transfer window :(. We have been heavy linked with Brozovic and Badelj tho 

I been thinking about also getting an upgrade not just Matic, but Cahill and Pedro. 

Cahill well it's oblivious, get Manolas. 

For Pedro it's a bit much harder. I do like James, but Pedro is harder working. So it seems like a true winger is needed for this position. 

Alexis Sanchez would be the best choice, but that's like an impossible target to get from Arsenal. 

So I was thinking about Angel Di Maria. Do you think that might be a good one for the wing? 

To me PSG is losing it's shine and top players might not want to continue there. 

Obviously the first player I would want is Verrati, but I was wondering if Di Maria might be a good upgrade that we are able to get out there? 

9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I been thinking about also getting an upgrade not just Matic, but Cahill and Pedro. 

Cahill well it's oblivious, get Manolas. 

For Pedro it's a bit much harder. I do like James, but Pedro is harder working. So it seems like a true winger is needed for this position. 

Alexis Sanchez would be the best choice, but that's like an impossible target to get from Arsenal. 

So I was thinking about Angel Di Maria. Do you think that might be a good one for the wing? 

To me PSG is losing it's shine and top players might not want to continue there. 

Obviously the first player I would want is Verrati, but I was wondering if Di Maria might be a good upgrade that we are able to get out there? 

I think that Di Maria would be a great fit.  That LW/RW position for us is kind of a Wing/CAM/SS role.

Would love to see Romagnoli in the LCB spot.  Need cover for Alonso since we are short there. 

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think that Di Maria would be a great fit.  That LW/RW position for us is kind of a Wing/CAM/SS role.

Would love to see Romagnoli in the LCB spot.  Need cover for Alonso since we are short there. 

Would you consider also getting Witsel for another CM cover? 

His contracts expires the summer of 2017....I'm sure the team will want to sell this January so not to let him go for free in the summer...although we can also make a contact with him for the summer and get  him for free. 

I think this would be a buy like Cahill years ago, when he had little time till his contract expire and we got him at a good price. 

What do you think? He will come very cheap with such little time left on his contract. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

His contracts expires the summer of 2017....I'm sure the team will want to sell this January so not to let him go for free in the summer...although we can also make a contact with him for the summer and get  him for free. 

I think this would be a buy like Cahill years ago, when he had little time till his contract expire and we got him at a good price. 

What do you think? He will come very cheap with such little time left on his contract. 

Maybe.  To be honest, Witsel is one of the names that float around all the time, but I don't know his game so well (because I don't watch Russian league, nor Zenit's CL matches).  On paper, he looks a good fit.

If this was FIFA, I'd try to get in Verratti, Griezmann, Romagnoli, and a RWB.

In the real world, I'd actually think that a RWB is the most important position.

As far as Witsel goes, if the manager rates him, then yeah, more midfielders would be better.  We can't ask Kante to do what he does twice a week when we have CL next year :cig:Will need to rotate Matic, Kante, whoever we bring in (I'm confident that we'll get 1 or 2 CM over the next 2 windows).

For all of Cahill's follies this season, he's been a great buy.  7M or so if I remember correctly?  Been a big part of every trophy we've won since.

16 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Had a brief look at his analysis on whoscored and transfermarkt.

Seems to be similar to Herrerra and Sissoko.  Both of which I thought would be good fits next to Kante.  So, maybe not a bad call.