test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Hamilton,

26,079 posts in this topic

What is it that people are hoping for prior to the start of the season? 

I honestly think picking up Drinkwater and Ox would be enough in my opinion. 

I feel as if the middle is where we are a little lacking in depth at the moment, but a core of Kante, Baka, Cesc and Drinkwater to rotate is good enough IMO. Drinkwater isn't some slouch like people make him out to be. Add in the Ox as well given how versatile he is. 

I think it also takes care of the wingback deal going on. We'd have Azpi, Moses, Alonso, Ox and Kennedy if need be to run the wingback roles. Getting Baba back wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Some of you are unrealistic in regards to wanting world beaters at every position. There is more competition these days. More clubs with backing behind them. It just isn't going to happen unless we go all out for 10 years, build a winning culture, while playing dominating football. Not exactly easy to do. Barca was blessed with a great youth academy at the right time, and everything came together. They suddenly became looked at in the same vein as Real and Man United. I believe we were close to breaking into that, but had to many in between years after Jose left the first time. 

mccg, communicate and Essien19 like this

2 hours ago, Thor said:

What is it that people are hoping for prior to the start of the season? 

I honestly think picking up Drinkwater and Ox would be enough in my opinion. 

I feel as if the middle is where we are a little lacking in depth at the moment, but a core of Kante, Baka, Cesc and Drinkwater to rotate is good enough IMO. Drinkwater isn't some slouch like people make him out to be. Add in the Ox as well given how versatile he is. 

I think it also takes care of the wingback deal going on. We'd have Azpi, Moses, Alonso, Ox and Kennedy if need be to run the wingback roles. Getting Baba back wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Some of you are unrealistic in regards to wanting world beaters at every position. There is more competition these days. More clubs with backing behind them. It just isn't going to happen unless we go all out for 10 years, build a winning culture, while playing dominating football. Not exactly easy to do. Barca was blessed with a great youth academy at the right time, and everything came together. They suddenly became looked at in the same vein as Real and Man United. I believe we were close to breaking into that, but had to many in between years after Jose left the first time. 

I wouldn't be giving our scouting team any xmas bonus again this year !

18 hours ago, GQman2121 said:

I still can't add users to the ignore list. I'm directed to the page below on mobile. 

I haven't received anything via the contact us option after multiple attempts.

sCfMwOH.jpg

@Jim

DGofy7XXgAA5LAK.jpg:large

So we're being outspent by bournemouth, huddersfield, newcastle and leicester (not to mention by MU, MC, arse and scousers) at the moment... Also I just read that Roman is getting divorced with his wife of like 10 years, Daria Zhukova... maybe this has had an impact on his involvement in transfers this summer? Obviously I have no clue and am just speculating but it could be...

In any case, I can see us doing a big late push and getting a few players in, van dijk and drinkwater seem the most likely at the moment and I would welcome both tbh (drinkwater as a competent back up midfielder). There is also news that liverpool has pulled out of signing van dijk altogether, with him currently on strike at his club asking for a move away, I hope and think we should be able to close that deal

Fernando likes this

8 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

DGofy7XXgAA5LAK.jpg:large

So we're being outspent by bournemouth, huddersfield, newcastle and leicester (not to mention by MU, MC, arse and scousers) at the moment... Also I just read that Roman is getting divorced with his wife of like 10 years, Daria Zhukova... maybe this has had an impact on his involvement in transfers this summer? Obviously I have no clue and am just speculating but it could be...

In any case, I can see us doing a big late push and getting a few players in, van dijk and drinkwater seem the most likely at the moment and I would welcome both tbh (drinkwater as a competent back up midfielder). There is also news that liverpool has pulled out of signing van dijk altogether, with him currently on strike at his club asking for a move away, I hope and think we should be able to close that deal

Net spending means basically the difference between sales and buys hence the 19.5 million figure.Huddersfield haven't spent 58 million pound on a forward have they ?.

Barbara likes this

5 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Net spending means basically the difference between sales and buys hence the 19.5 million figure.Huddersfield haven't spent 58 million pound on a forward have they ?.

Are Huddersfield losing a striker that is worth potentially even more than 58 Million pounds, like we are with Costa? And Costa hasn't even been sold yet, once he does, our net spend will be in the negative.

Net spending is the best way to see who has truly strengthened (MU, City) and who has pretty much sold and bought at the same level to remain stagnant (us)

1 minute ago, oldportblue said:

Are Huddersfield losing a striker that is worth potentially even more than 58 Million pounds, like we are with Costa? And Costa hasn't even been sold yet, once he does, our net spend will be in the positive.

Net spending is the best way to see who has truly strengthened (MU, City) and who has pretty much sold and bought at the same level to remain stagnant (us)

So spending 130 million on three players is stagnant ?. Brighton have just broken their transfer record six million quid you can't compare teams like Huddersfield and Brighton to us it's pointless. We'll be lucky to get half of 58 million for Costa. Spurs haven't bought a single player to my knowledge. Chucking money money around left right and centre doesn't make success a certainty as Man City and United found out last season.

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

So spending 130 million on three players is stagnant ?. Brighton have just broken their transfer record six million quid you can't compare teams like Huddersfield and Brighton to us it's pointless. We'll be lucky to get half of 58 million for Costa. Spurs haven't bought a single player to my knowledge. Chucking money money around left right and centre doesn't make success a certainty as Man City and United found out last season.

Costa OUT, Morata IN  (stagnant and arguably even a downgrade)

Matic OUT, Bakayoko IN (slight upgrade but could be consdered stagnant)

Begovic OUT, Caballero IN (switching one decent backup GK for another, stagnant)

Rudiger IN (decent reinforcement for the squad but doesn't seem to be starter quality)

So in effect, the only addition (and not replacement) we've made is Rudiger, a squad player.... For a team who just won the title, wants to build on that and compete in 4 competitions, that is pretty woeful. Conte, Cahill and others also keep emphasizing the need for more players, this is not some sort of well kept secret.

As to Costa, the only reason we'll struggle to get 58M for him is because of the way events unfolded between him and Conte, had none of that happened, we could have probably fetched a nice sum for him... In any case, that wasn't my point here. I wanted to refute the idea that signing Morata for 58M is a sign that we aren't stagnant, IMO it is, since he is a replacement for a better player (Costa)

mccg likes this

2 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

Costa OUT, Morata IN  (stagnant and arguably even a downgrade)

Matic OUT, Bakayoko IN (slight upgrade but could be consdered stagnant)

Rudiger IN (decent reinforcement for the squad but doesn't seem to be starter quality)

So in effect, the only addition (and not replacement) we've made is Rudiger, a squad player.... For a team who just won the title, wants to build on that and compete in 4 competitions, that is pretty woeful. Conte, Cahill and others also keep emphasizing the need for more players, this is no some sort of well kept secret.

As to Costa, the only reason we'll struggle to get 58M for him is because of the way events unfolded between him and Conte, had none of that happened, we could have probably fetched a nice sum for him... In any case, that wasn't my point here. I wanted to refute the idea that signing Morata for 58M is a sign that we aren't stagnant, IMO it is, since he is a replacement for a better player (Costa)

I agree we need new players but your original point was we were being outspent by the likes of Huddersfield which clearly we aren't. I am very nonplussed about Costa doesn't that sum the geezer up that we will get a reduced fee for the baggage he brings and the twat he is.

Henrique likes this

6 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I agree we need new players but your original point was we were being outspent by the likes of Huddersfield which clearly we aren't. I am very nonplussed about Costa doesn't that sum the geezer up that we will get a reduced fee for the baggage he brings and the twat he is.

Agree, about Costa, great player but massive pain in the ass and not the sharpest tool in the shed as they say...

But in terms of our spending we are truly behind the like of huddersfield. Counting only spending paints a false picture. To truly understand the investment being put in, it is crucial to review departures as well. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Right now as it stands with Bakayoko still injured and Hazard out, along with the squad as thin as it is, that game at WHL could be an absolute mauling.

New look Everton will give us problems as well. Won't be surprised at all if we lose that. Cesc in the middle with Gaye etc running rings around him will be painful to watch. Cesc's lack of mobility also brings Kante's level down because he's got to do two jobs at once.

We should've fucking kept Matic and played him in these first couple of games and sold him on deadline day. We've now weakened ourselves at the start of the season and made it so that United can more easily hit the ground running. And now they'll be after Bale, too.

FabHazard and Supermonkey92 like this

46 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Right now as it stands with Bakayoko still injured and Hazard out, along with the squad as thin as it is, that game at WHL could be an absolute mauling.

Wembley. Wonder how many tickets we will get ?.

14 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Can't get my head around them being there.

There was a conversation about this on radio the other day with the usual crew of overpaid (if they are paid at all that is overpaying them.) studio 'guests'. They all tried to pretend they knew something about this but they clearly had no clue. It's not reasonable to expect contributors to a radio show to know everything about everything (something about something every once in while, would be nice) but they have resources. There are people who will find out for them if they only had the honesty to admit that they didn't know. It P's me off when people who are paid to talk about football put absolutely no effort into it, and instead just turn up, repeat the same nonsense they said last time and collect their cash.

In fact Spurs announced a few weeks ago the sections of Wembley they will allocate to away sides. Those sections contain just over 3,000 seats, and, sure enough, when our tickets went on sale yesterday we had been allocated 3,106. Tottenham claim that, in order to try to create a 'home' atmosphere in the stadium, they will not increase that figure regardless of ticket availability. To be fair though, the club says that the 3,106 tickets are an 'initial' allocation, so perhaps Spurs are reconsidering that policy and will provide extra seats if their own demand won't fill the venue.