Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Crazy money but guess gotta spend to win these days. Wouldn't surprise me if we sign some random pricey player last day who we dont need just for the hell of it...or most likely go into the season with same squad same issues and wonder why results are coming in,,,

29 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Most prices in the Prem are being doubled. It's beyond funny now.

Forget doubled, he's not even worth half that! He's the type of player that a few years ago you'd have seen moving to Southampton or Stoke or one of those other perennial midtable clubs for about £10m.

This TV money is absolutely bananas. If only Chelsea could join the party and go on our own spending spree. On actual good players, of course, not like this.

5 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Hope im wrong but have this horrible feeling we are done, bar outgoings.

Seems we are going to put all our CB eggs in Koulibaly's basket and it'll not happen. Same with Lukaku for ST

CFC aren't done in the window, but unfortunately it's probably impossible to catch up to where CFC should have been headed many transfer windows ago.

I'm guessing that the best CFC will do is make to big name signings for the back line and a couple of other signings who hold potential. Maybe one signing will be an experienced player to serve only as a bridge to the future because we can't sign enough (younger) quality in one summer window.

19 hours ago, Jype said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3731411/Chelsea-turn-Sunderland-defender-Lamine-Kone-alternative-Napoli-s-Kalidou-Koulibaly.html

The meltdown here would be unreal if we ended up signing the guy who's gonna lose his place at Sunderland to our very own Papy Djilobodji who everyone considered a joke. :lol::lol::lol:

anyone know something about this guy:  Victor Lindelof?

Forget doubled, he's not even worth half that! He's the type of player that a few years ago you'd have seen moving to Southampton or Stoke or one of those other perennial midtable clubs for about £10m.

This TV money is absolutely bananas. If only Chelsea could join the party and go on our own spending spree. On actual good players, of course, not like this.

HG tag contributes to this as ever. You could get a better player aboard for half the money. The days of Roman going crazy are over, unfortunately.

My gut tells me there's been a conspiracy for a few years, some of the biggest football journalists got together and agreed they'd subtly start to change the economics of football via. well-timed articles and buzzwords. I mean it IS the journalists and vine users after all who made Pogba look like he's worth a freakish fee; it was regular fans who shed light on Neymar; it's journalists who highlight the new 'next big things' in football, which clubs always pay attention to. It's regular people like these journalists who decide who is/isn't a good player, and our owners/scouts/etc. all read the papers and eat up the shit put forth. They are responsible. Journalists are the voice of football even moreso than the fans I believe, and none of them rub me the right way. All of them have a smirk on their face like they couldn't care less about the future of football, because they have something to write about at least if things get out of hand. 

7 hours ago, Beepu said:

What's the deal with Aymeric Laporte? Thought he would be quite attainable and has a release clause?

I was thinking this as well. Sure he has a decent release clause?

edit: found out he signed a new contract this summer. 65m euros release clause. 

8 hours ago, Beepu said:

What's the deal with Aymeric Laporte? Thought he would be quite attainable and has a release clause?

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I was thinking this as well. Sure he has a decent release clause?

Remember he suffered that terrible knee injury just before the Euro's? City were after him but then the injury happened so they moved on.