test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Started by Hamilton,

26,087 posts in this topic
21 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Jose never thought that.

Before the window opened, long before, he talked about the need for several players, and for getting the business done "before the holidays". I.E. he wanted the signings in place early. Later on, when signings did not materialise, he changed his tune to try to pretend all was calm and under control.

As for whether the Don is right or not, it depends on timescale. Over the short term,  aberrations can happen. In the long run however, money talks. Show me a league which is not dominated by its richest clubs.

Spending money will not guarantee that you have good judgement, that is to say that you will choose to buy the right players. Nor will it mean that the good players will choose to join your club. A big budget does mean however that if your first transfer decision was a mistake you can try, try and try again until you get it right, or until the right player says yes to your offer.

In the end money inevitably talks. If we manage to hold on and secure the title, then the Premier League will have been won by one of it's three biggest budget clubs in all but one season since it came into existence.

I like your posts man. You say what I think but you express it much better.

Chelsea have been given permission to take AFC Wimbledon winger Toyosi Olusanya on trial, the Daily Mirror reports.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea have been given permission to take AFC Wimbledon winger Toyosi Olusanya on trial, the Daily Mirror reports.

Exciting times :D

do you think we should go for Llorente if Swansea go down?

I would not mind Sigurdsson as well. Might be a good bench option to have him especially since he's good from set kick. 

Kyle Walker reportedly available for £35+ after falling out with Pooh.. I dunno about you guys but to have the best RB in the league should be something our board should be all over.. And the icing is it could seriously hurt Spurs title chances going forward

LondonsFinest likes this

2 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Kyle Walker reportedly available for £35+ after falling out with Pooh.. I dunno about you guys but to have the best RB in the league should be something our board should be all over.. And the icing is it could seriously hurt Spurs title chances going forward

He'd be absolutely perfect for us but we have no chance. Can't imagine they'd sell one of their best players to a club that may pip them to the title. Unfortunately, if he moves itll be to one of the Manchester clubs who he'll greatly improve.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He'd be absolutely perfect for us but we have no chance. Can't imagine they'd sell one of their best players to a club that may pip them to the title. Unfortunately, if he moves itll be to one of the Manchester clubs who he'll greatly improve.

I know but we have to try I'd say him and Bertrand and use our young CBs Zouma in loan, a new CM and RW AND ST that could be a team to dominate Pl and a good solid run in CL

Surely the striker rumours will gone wild starting from today. Morata, Mbappe, Belotti, Lukaku, etc. Brace yourselves, guys.

I would love to see Kyle Walker here, however its doubtfull \tottenham will sell to us..

As for Llorente - if we are you looking for replacement for Michy he would be perfect 

the wes likes this

19 hours ago, Fernando said:

do you think we should go for Llorente if Swansea go down?

He would make a great back up I would take him 

On 04/05/2017 at 2:01 PM, bluesman2610 said:

Possibly. Not a bad signing. Would rather see us go for someone more naturally talented going forward like Semedo though. Our wingbacks provide a lot of our creativity. 

On 04/05/2017 at 8:58 PM, petre.ispirescu said:

Me too would absolutely love a player in the mould of Spurs' Dembele this summer.

If there's anyone from Spurs it has to be Dembele. He would be ridiculous in that Matic role. Chelsea should be killers here and take advantage of this situation. Ruthless Roman needed. 

If there's anyone from Spurs it has to be Dembele. He would be ridiculous in that Matic role. Chelsea should be killers here and take advantage of this situation. Ruthless Roman needed. 

Maybe after Costa is shipped off.

On 4/25/2017 at 8:58 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Jose never thought that.

Before the window opened, long before, he talked about the need for several players, and for getting the business done "before the holidays". I.E. he wanted the signings in place early. Later on, when signings did not materialise, he changed his tune to try to pretend all was calm and under control.

As for whether the Don is right or not, it depends on timescale. Over the short term,  aberrations can happen. In the long run however, money talks. Show me a league which is not dominated by its richest clubs.

Spending money will not guarantee that you have good judgement, that is to say that you will choose to buy the right players. Nor will it mean that the good players will choose to join your club. A big budget does mean however that if your first transfer decision was a mistake you can try, try and try again until you get it right, or until the right player says yes to your offer.

In the end money inevitably talks. If we manage to hold on and secure the title, then the Premier League will have been won by one of it's three biggest budget clubs in all but one season since it came into existence.

Blackburn, Leicester, Arsenal?