Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Just now, Vesper said:

he is pretty damn good, but that is just me

I rate him potentially (not guaranteed) at Chilwell level

and he has that Scottish motor, he is fearless and a bomber, with an absolute cannon of a shot

So, it's not conclusive that he's actually any good then?

I remember there were commotions when Wenger signed defenders in the past but they turned out to be nothing more than duds. Let's see if Emery can do any better than Wenger.

3 minutes ago, milka said:

Depressing , and boring summer : 

City - Rodri ,Cancelo

Tottenham - Ndombele , Dybala (maybe) , Fernandes (maybe) 

Arsenal - Pepe 

Man Utd . - Maguire , James , Savic (maybe) , Bissaka

Everton -  Kean , Zaha (maybe)

Chelsea - Sold Hazard, Sold Luiz , 0 transfers .

If Lampard finish in Top 4 :ph34r: GOD 

not to rub it in but in terms of Everton, you left out

Djibril Sidibe (Monaco RB, shocked he has not been picked up before, he was the last star of that CL semi-final team to go) is soon signed

Jean-Philippe Gbamin (monster DMF)

André Gomes (perm buy)

Fabian Delph not exactly a fiya signing, BUT I sure as fuck would rather have him that Drinkwater, he is an English international who can play multiple positions (including fullback), and they paid fuckall for him (around £8m)

and they are still going after Abdoulaye Doucouré from Watford 

lets hope the Zaha and Doucouré deals fall through

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

So, it's not conclusive that he's actually any good then?

I remember there were commotions when Wenger signed defenders in the past but they turned out to be nothing more than duds. Let's see if Emery can do any better than Wenger.

I would say he is a big upgrade for them, unfortunately

75-80% sure he will be a really good player for them

3 hours ago, the wes said:

£30m for 32 year old it's not goin to happen 

Point is that we don't NEED to sell him unless it's an exorbitant fee. We can bloody well malouda him for a season or maybe even 2. Fuck Luiz. Never liked him. Ever. 

For the fee being quoted (8mil), there is no point to sell him to a direct rival. We might as well just let him rot. 

Pepe, Tierney, Luiz, and Ceballos. Must be said, that's a very decent summer for the North London bastards. The 4 weak areas (CM, RW, LB, and CB)  that ArseFanTV and the like have been bitching and moaning about for ages will have all been addressed in a single window.

Very, very strong contenders for that 3rd spot. 

Still interested to see what United and Spuds can pull of tomorrow. Jealous of all the activity from our rivals. 😩

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pepe, Tierney, Luiz, and Ceballos. Must be said, that's a very decent summer for the North London bastards. The 4 weak areas (CM, RW, LB, and CB)  that ArseFanTV and the like have been bitching and moaning about for ages will have all been addressed in a single window.

Still interested to see what United and Spuds can pull of tomorrow. Jealous of all the activity from our rivals. 😩

For a team to with such limited funds.. Or reported to have limited funds anyway.. Not bad summer for them at all. 

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

For a team to with such limited funds.. Or reported to have limited funds anyway.. Not bad summer for them at all. 

I think that 'limited funds' was bullshit

my yank mate from Texas (the same one who gave me the utterly glorious 'as useful as tits on a bull', lololol) calls it

'po-mouthing' 

she said USA football college coaches do it all the time (the 'woe-is-me, poor little us' rope a dope) when they know they are holding aces up the sleeve

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Spurs just Landed Lo Celso 

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think that 'limited funds' was bullshit

my yank mate from Texas (the same one who gave me the utterly glorious 'as useful as tits on a bull', lololol) calls it

'po-mouthing' 

she said USA football college coaches do it all the time (the 'woe-is-me, poor little us' rope a dope) when they know they are holding aces up the sleeve

Probably and who would announce it to the media anyway... Just seemed a story to run with cause creates a talking point among fans and headlines. 

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wouldn't say CB has been adressed for them. As much as i thought the Luiz critics often overplayed his flaws, he still has never boosted a weak defense himself (case in point the 2014 world cup with no Thiago Silva out there).

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Probably and who would announce it to the media anyway... Just seemed a story to run with cause creates a talking point among fans and headlines. 

the only team I trust to actually tip their hand is Bayern, those fucking German cunts cannot help but talk out of class

Just now, Tomo said:

I wouldn't say CB has been adressed for them. As much as i thought the Luiz critics often overplayed his flaws, he still has never boosted a weak defense himself (case in point the 2014 world cup with no Thiago Silva out there).

I honestly (see my earlier post) do NOT think they are done trying at all with CB's

especially as we are almost giving bobblehead away (£8m is madness)

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I honestly (see my earlier post) do NOT think they are done trying at all with CB's

especially as we are almost giving bobblehead away (£8m is madness)

Then that would be a gamechanger but if they stop at just Luiz i can't see that improving them much atall.

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Then that would be a gamechanger but if they stop at just Luiz i can't see that improving them much atall.

If I were them, I would be non-stop on the phone with Borussia Mönchengladbach making a play for either Matthias Ginter or (my preferred of the two) Nico Elvedi

both are EPL ready, especially Ginter, although Elvedi has more upside

I would say the same for Everton

also for both teams

toss in a pair from PSG (as PSG now have four starting level CB's) Thilo Kehrer (perfect for Arse AND he can play RB as well, with Bellerin out still and likely fucked up for for a further 6 months to a year from being fully recovered)) or Presnel Kimpembe (more for Everton)

also

toss in a real wild card

Malang Sarr from Nice

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I have never watched Tierney play. Is he actually any good or are people freaking out because Arsenal are signing a defender? 

He is actually pretty good (not just Scottish bias either).

If he played in PL he would of gone for same money as Wan Bissaka if not more. Could argue hes further along as he is more experienced, having competed in the CL, Europa League as well as having been captain of his club and country as well. His final ball is better as well.

If he gets his fitness back up, which I doubt will be the biggest issue I dont think his injuries are as bad as made out and think it was also scare tactics to drive Arsenal away, he has got a huge chance of having a successful career in the PL. Hes already at a better level than Andy Robertson was when he signed for Hull, although Andys development at Liverpool has been quite emphatic. Time will tell but I would think in a few seasons people will look back and go 25m well spent.

5 hours ago, milka said:

Depressing , and boring summer : 

City - Rodri ,Cancelo

Tottenham - Ndombele , Dybala (maybe) , Fernandes (maybe) 

Arsenal - Pepe 

Man Utd . - Maguire , James , Savic (maybe) , Bissaka

Everton -  Kean , Zaha (maybe)

Chelsea - Sold Hazard, Sold Luiz , 0 transfers .

If Lampard finish in Top 4 :ph34r: GOD 

There are 4 maybes which are as many as the actual buys from United, spurs and everton.

Btw, we added pulisic too. Selling Luiz, a known trouble maker might be the best decision given our young core.