Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Nothing special there at all. No special touch, no exceptional balance, no outstanding body control, not even any particular pace. Just a fairly ordinary lad getting away with some awkward looking moves because of the level he is playing at.

If people want to see lads exhibiting genuinely exceptional talent at youth level they should check out Phil Fallon or Brahim Diaz at Man City. People would also see many better players than Gilmour if they watched our youth team. 

He does seem to have been scouted by a few teams.

On 27/03/2017 at 5:28 PM, Unionjack said:

He does seem to have been scouted by a few teams.

Yes I noticed that statement in the commentary on the video. Thing is, the top teams scout everybody. Anybody that comes to any kind of prominence will be assessed sooner or later by the army of scouts working for the big teams.

In other words, that oft repeated phrase, "a lot of big teams are watching him", doesn't mean as much as those saying it hope we'll think it does.

Edit: Notice the number of times Gilmour hangs on to the ball for 5 seconds or more, does a few twists and turns, then passes it backwards. Fair enough, if that's the best pass available, then it's the right pass but, remember, these are the involvements which the person putting the video together felt were the best of young Billy. His game does not seem to me to be ready to have a spotlight shone on it. Whoever put the video up should do the lad a favour and take it down again. Give the kid a chance to make himself the best player he can possibly be. Good luck to the lad.

33 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Yes I noticed that statement in the commentary on the video. Thing is, the top teams scout everybody. Anybody that comes to any kind of prominence will be assessed sooner or later by the army of scouts working for the big teams.

In other words, that oft repeated phrase, "a lot of big teams are watching him", doesn't mean as much as those saying it hope we'll think it does.

Edit: Notice the number of times Gilmour hangs on to the ball for 5 seconds or more, twists and turns a few times, then passes it backwards.  Fair enough, if that's the best parts available, then it's the right pass but,remember, these are the involvements which the person putting the video together felt was the best of young Billy. His game does not seem to me to be ready to have a spotlight shone on it. Whoever put the video up should do the lad a favour and take it down again. Give the kid a chance to make himself the best player he can possibly be. Good luck to the lad.

Yes the pressure thats now going to be on those shoulders is going to be either a great burden or he might thrive on it and try to be everything hes being hyped up to be.

Look at the hype and pressure we put onto RLCs shoulders. Far too much, far too soon. Its not done him, the team or the academy any good at all.

Maybe its time to take a good look at our academy. Even tho we seem to do very well in comps and their leagues our lads dont seem to attrarct much attention in either the PL or Europe and I find that strange. So is it that the teams put together are better than the individiak players?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/27/southampton-eye-mamadou-sakho-chelsea-bound-virgil-van-dijks/

Chelsea are in pole to sign Van Dijk. As I said we will sign centre-back because Conte wants him. Ake will probably go, Zouma may leave on loan. It's so obvious yet I see some people say we're set and we won't add in the back. Conte wants it. Van Dijk or Koulibaly most likely, then Manolas, Rudiger or De Vrij as an outside options. 

Like what im seeing on Twitter/Telegraph that Chelsea are closing in for Van Dijk.. 

Adding Van Dijk and Bakayoko into the team. As cliche as it may sound, but that's some insane physicality & power we're looking to bring. And now when we go up against Zlatan's/Llorente's/Lukaku's/Kane, we'll have a CB trio that can reciprocrate that physicality and not have them pick on Azpilicueta. 

Over at Southampton, Van Dijk gets incredible license to join in on attacks, but that appears to be an instruction given from the manager, and not him doing his own thing. Conte has shown he can harness Luiz, so I think he'll do the same to Van Dijk. He has fantastic touch when on the ball/passing ability, which should increase the fluidity of CFC's build-up play next season.

i think it's clear Conte WANTS a new CB. So he'll get his wish in the summer. 

Van Dijk/Christensen/Luiz/Cahill/Azpi is good enough cover. 

So excited all-ready for the summer transfer window. Gonna be a lot of moving parts. 

Edit: @Blue Colored Sky Beat me to it 

Signing an expensive or fancy name CB effectively means the end of Zouma, Christensen and Ake at Chelsea (in the near future at the very least). They won't hang around to sit in the stands, which is the fate of 5th choice CB. There's only room for one rotational player at the back and with a manager like Conte, even fourth choice won't receive significant game time.

So that would mean signing another CB for cover. Unless he's planning on using Chalobah at the back next season in a dual backup role.

^^ I find Van Dijk's ball-playing ability to be overrated but I guess that's just me. He's a good defender but a 60 mil CB? Never. He's not better than David Luiz and he was half the price.

I personally don't see the point in investing such extreme amounts in CBs. Unless you're talking about the next Alessandro Nesta.

@DYC. didn't even read the article to see the price being quoted.. Nah he'll never cost that much, better yet, Chelsea would never pay that much (unless it's Lukaku). £32M is the magic price for all CFC transfers. 

Probably right about Christensen/Zouma/Ake.. Will be sad to see Christensen follow the path of KDB/Lukaku, but "the game is the game." In a perfect world he leapfrogs Cahill (even if not next year, then the season after), but that's never going to happen to our current: Captain-Leader-Legend. 

Agree w/ Blue Colored Sky though that's its clear Conte WANTS a new CB, so we're getting one regardless. 

Dijk is awesome player, but if it means end of Chelsea career for Zouma, I will be dissapointed with Conte.

Zouma is one young player that has all the quality to be a real top player for us and we are about to throw it away. 

Once he goes out on loan, even if he impresses, he will return with Dijk, Luiz and Azpi, possibly Cahill cemented for upcoming season. Either he will again sit on bench, putting him in same situation as this year, or simply leave.

And Conte doesnt like to rotate either, so its not looking good. Zouma will have to have absolutely brilliant season on loan, but that is the problem for us and how we deal with youth. We give them that one chance and if they do it themselves, ok, if not no bother. Make it or brake it. Absolutely no faith and trust in them, just business because we can always still buy foreign star if things dont work well. 

But hey if there is money for CM, two fullbacks, winger and striker, fine, buy a CB too. If not, then I dont see point of spending all that money on position where we have Zouma and Christensen ready to get a chance when we realy need to strenghten other areas.

3 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

@DYC. didn't even read the article to see the price being quoted.. Nah he'll never cost that much, better yet, Chelsea would never pay that much (unless it's Lukaku). £32M is the magic price for all CFC transfers. 

Probably right about Christensen/Zouma/Ake.. Will be sad to see Christensen follow the path of KDB/Lukaku, but "the game is the game." In a perfect world he leapfrogs Cahill (even if not next year, then the season after), but that's never going to happen to our current: Captain-Leader-Legend. 

Agree w/ Blue Colored Sky though that's its clear Conte WANTS a new CB, so we're getting one regardless. 

I think the casualty is more likely Ake and we will see between Zouma and Christensen, I guess. I am in the the Christensen camp because I've seen his skill and poise. The only thing Zouma has on him is strength and jumping --which we can replace with vanDijk in the lineup (and adding more skill and poise along with it).

I feel certain that Dave will not be a centre back unless required for backup, so we're left with Cahill, Luiz, Zouma (Ake gone, Terry done). vanDijk will replace one of Zouma/Cahill and it might not be Cahill, so...  Still, I am suggesting that Ake leaves and we get a big CB like vanDijk and no one else moves.

With Diego leaving, I imagine chelsea get more than 5 new players in the summer. So it's nice to see rumours of early business being done for a CM and maybe a defender or two. Probably be spilling the big cash later for the next forward while getting the strength and speed we need in the back and middle first; the RIGHT way to build a squad :D 

So happy to have Conte and I hope CFC support him fully.

Conte is just like another ambitious manager. if we can get the PL this year, so the next 2-3 season he would be pushed the team into CL finalist. of course no time gambling with our youth program. but,,in the long term project when he satisfied with the trophy that he get with us, i can see we can give more our academy the place to growth as a regular team...

obviously the condition if Roman changed his attitude to be more patient as an owner....

Anyone thinks that Willian can leave? He looks so silk and pretty on the ball, he's Brazilian so he'll surely have an enormous offer from China. I think he may leave, not that I'm pushing him out but there's bound to be considerable offer for him and Chelsea. 

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Dijk is awesome player, but if it means end of Chelsea career for Zouma, I will be dissapointed with Conte.

Zouma is one young player that has all the quality to be a real top player for us and we are about to throw it away. 

Once he goes out on loan, even if he impresses, he will return with Dijk, Luiz and Azpi, possibly Cahill cemented for upcoming season. Either he will again sit on bench, putting him in same situation as this year, or simply leave.

And Conte doesnt like to rotate either, so its not looking good. Zouma will have to have absolutely brilliant season on loan, but that is the problem for us and how we deal with youth. We give them that one chance and if they do it themselves, ok, if not no bother. Make it or brake it. Absolutely no faith and trust in them, just business because we can always still buy foreign star if things dont work well. 

But hey if there is money for CM, two fullbacks, winger and striker, fine, buy a CB too. If not, then I dont see point of spending all that money on position where we have Zouma and Christensen ready to get a chance when we realy need to strenghten other areas.

I understand you but I said it previously, Conte likes experienced defence, our current options are 29 years old on average, then you have Ake, Christensen and Zouma who are 21 years old on average. This gap is too big and I can understand also why club want a middle man, aged somewhere in the middle of 21 and 29 years. That's actually reasonable. Not that I think it's the first priority, but if you think that Chelsea will sell Ake, Kalas and Omeruo for combined 30m£ then we can have a new defender for 20m£. Not bad. 

17 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Nothing special there at all. No special touch, no exceptional balance, no outstanding body control, not even any particular pace. Just a fairly ordinary lad getting away with some awkward looking moves because of the level he is playing at.

If people want to see lads exhibiting genuinely exceptional talent at youth level they should check out Phil Fallon or Brahim Diaz at Man City. People would also see many better players than Gilmour if they watched our youth team. 

For 500k the scouts are seeing something you don't.

1 hour ago, Yeboii said:

For 500k the scouts are seeing something you don't.

Assuming that scouts working for any big clubs are recommending a move to acquire young billy, and assuming the clubs are  indeed offering  £500,000, then yes they must be. 

The pressure on the managers of the top clubs in PL (apart from the red north London team obviously) to win silverware must be enornous. So I can totally understand how their preference would be to buy in a skilled,finished player that he can trust to do the job he needs him to do.

IF we was a steady mid table club with no strong ambitions apart from putting out good football for the fans and maybe making up ne spot from previous season then we could take risks with bringing into the starting XI our young good talent.

But we cant make a serious strike for the CL with a team full of Mussonda,Ake,RLC,Chalobah,Brown,Andreas. Whereas if we was that mid table club I would be more than happy with them all as starters.

So Conte has to do all he can to try to please everyone. He brings back loanees to see how well they fit in. He brings in lads from the academy to reach HG figures and fit them in here n there. And he does his best to buy the best players he thinks will fit the positions we need upgrading.

And tho it makes me sad it will probably mean losing Happy, a player I've always loved, then I'm still behind Conte. He just wants whats best for THE TEAM.

I think we are all aware of the rumours for who we want as a club to bring into our team. My question is who do we think will no longer be with us next year? I am just going to throw names out with some basic thoughts and am curious to here what people think. Obviously JT will be moving on so I didn't include him. 

Costa: I think he is gone, i dont want him to leave but Conte will want someone committed moving forward who is a good soldier, Diego will finally get his wish for a large fee i think.

Willian: I can't see him staying, bumped down the pecking order and Conte has made it known he wants to sign at least one attacker this summer. Could be sold for big cash to China or abroad in europe. If Mourinho wants to give us 50m i would let him go.

Bats: I think this will be a loan to a PL side, doesnt have contes trust, needs minutes.

Zouma: I pray its just a loan and hopefully to an Italian/German team who plays a similar style, I love happy but i fear for his place in the squad(especially if we bring in a CB and bring back Christensen)

RLC: PL Loan, mid table side, benefit us both in the long term.

Begovic: Was a good soldier, I respect he wants to play, sell him.

Matic: Would we move on from Matic if Conte gets the central midfield destroyer he wants(Bakayoko/Radja)? I dont think Fabregas is leaving anymore, and Conte seems to value Chalobah. For the right price would Conte sanction a sale?

12 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I think we are all aware of the rumours for who we want as a club to bring into our team. My question is who do we think will no longer be with us next year? I am just going to throw names out with some basic thoughts and am curious to here what people think. Obviously JT will be moving on so I didn't include him. 

Costa: I think he is gone, i dont want him to leave but Conte will want someone committed moving forward who is a good soldier, Diego will finally get his wish for a large fee i think.

Willian: I can't see him staying, bumped down the pecking order and Conte has made it known he wants to sign at least one attacker this summer. Could be sold for big cash to China or abroad in europe. If Mourinho wants to give us 50m i would let him go.

Bats: I think this will be a loan to a PL side, doesnt have contes trust, needs minutes.

Zouma: I pray its just a loan and hopefully to an Italian/German team who plays a similar style, I love happy but i fear for his place in the squad(especially if we bring in a CB and bring back Christensen)

RLC: PL Loan, mid table side, benefit us both in the long term.

Begovic: Was a good soldier, I respect he wants to play, sell him.

Matic: Would we move on from Matic if Conte gets the central midfield destroyer he wants(Bakayoko/Radja)? I dont think Fabregas is leaving anymore, and Conte seems to value Chalobah. For the right price would Conte sanction a sale?

I totally agree every word u wrote there :). But what players would u like to see come into the club in the summer?? 

27 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I would be very surprised if Matic is gone while Cesc and Chalobah stay. Conte prefers him over both of them