Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Has anyone watched Di Maria this season? He's been a flop of Torresian proportions! Why are people all up on him now? I don't want to bail out Utd at all... If we're looking to get one of their players for Cech let it be Phil Jones... Versatile, English, decent.

Did you watch him last season at Real, in a counter attacking team?

No I've never seen him play before.

Explain to me what I'm missing

For his career he averages 1.1 tackle and 0.8 interceptions

Working hard for me means tracking back and covering for teammates, not exactly the hallmark for Angel.

For his career he averages 1.6 dribbles a game which is pretty much average for a AM

His career he averages two key passes a game which is a bit skewed since he is usually on set piece duty(Corners where a scoring chance is generated counts as a key pass) But with that said I guess you can say he is decent in the chance creation department.

He averages a goal every 5 games again not anything close to scintillating...

So what am I missing since you seem to watch him more than me.

oh dear :fainthv9: :fainthv9: :fainthv9:

Try watching him play, rather then posting meaningless stats.

Did you watch him last season at Real, in a counter attacking team?

I did he played out of position and was pretty decent. I also watched him many seasons before that where he was extremely average. Why focus on the one season where he played out of position and make it sound like that is how he always plays? They moved him there so he could get into the team not because he was amazing his whole career look at his career numbers.

Oh so when you're trapped with the truth the stats mean nothing? I get it. Lol.

Stats only tell you half the story.

For example, Willian, according to stats, is an abysmal midfielder - but in reality, contributes so much to our system and when he's not there you do notice the difference.

For example, Willian, according to stats, is an abysmal midfielder - but in reality, contributes so much to our system and when he's not there you do notice the difference.

exactly. in his 3 years at RM under jose, he was jose's willian. no one in the world would have the stats when playing 3rd fiddle to both CR and ozil. he was a vital cog in the jose counter attacking system.

if we are judging him on his one injury prone season in an average man united, then thats just weird.

With Drogba announcing he is leaving, and Utd telling Falcao he is not staying and Falcao wanting to stay in prem, I'd not rule him out joining us. Arsenal in with a shout too

I'd prefer Costa-Remy/Austin/Berahino-Solanke next season.

Oh so when you're trapped with the truth the stats mean nothing? I get it. Lol.

trapped??? your original post is beyond clueless i literally had to laugh then log off after reading it, you clearly have never seen Di Maria play.

I am actually a Statistician which is why I ignore the rubbish masquerading as statistics in football