test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

23,692 posts in this topic

I like all the names you are suggesting, but those signings will be way too expensive! I know we have a new shirt sponsor and a new tv deal coming up but I still think that spending above 100m pounds is a bit too much.

I don't think so.

Chelsea have their own money. They commit 60% of their turnover to wages - to entire 260 playing and non-playing stuff.

They're still over 120m£ not spend on wages. General "running of the club" cost a bit but they're money from that for other expenses such as transfer "fees" (which includes many costs not associated with number paid to selling club but I leave it now)

Plus, the extra money from Yokohama Rubber deal and Champions League money will give additional ~45m£ each year

New Premier League money will give around additional ~50m£ each year but that's from 2016.

Plus, of course, there are still players to sell :

Cech, Mikel, Moses, Cahill, Oscar, Thorgan Hazard, Atsu, Salah, Van Ginkel, Pasalic, Kalas, Omeruo, McEachran, Kakuta, Piazon, Romeu, Marin, Bamford

In my opinion all of them will be sold either this year or next year. And they will bring a lot of money.

So yes, adding own money plus new Champions League prize awards, Yokohama Rubber sponsorship (and Premier League money in the near future) plus player sales Chelsea can comfortably afford bigger spending than 100m£.

Cech, Mikel, Moses, Cahill, Oscar, Thorgan Hazard, Atsu, Salah, Van Ginkel, Pasalic, Kalas, Omeruo, McEachran, Kakuta, Piazon, Romeu, Marin, Bamford

In my opinion all of them will be sold either this year or next year. And they will bring a lot of money.

Thorgan is already sold mate ;)

Thorgan is already sold mate ;)

I know ! I only included him in 2015 summer sales, right ?

I forgot about strong pound to euro rate. It's stronger than ever in recent times and because transfer fees are recorded in euro it gives the English clubs more financial power.

All in all, I wouldn't be worried about the money.

Butland would be good for 2nd GK, as would Green. Icardi we should only go after if Remy leaves imo, he's not gonna dig being 3rd choice next season.

it would be an absolute shame if remy leaves after performing so well every time he has been given a start.

CurlyHairLikeLuiz likes this

agree with most of the names on the list but dont agree with bamford. selling bamford would be like saying this to our youth system "you can do what you want, but you are all expendable, irrespective of how well you perform"

I don't think so.

Chelsea have their own money. They commit 60% of their turnover to wages - to entire 260 playing and non-playing stuff.

They're still over 120m£ not spend on wages. General "running of the club" cost a bit but they're money from that for other expenses such as transfer "fees" (which includes many costs not associated with number paid to selling club but I leave it now)

Plus, the extra money from Yokohama Rubber deal and Champions League money will give additional ~45m£ each year

New Premier League money will give around additional ~50m£ each year but that's from 2016.

Plus, of course, there are still players to sell :

So yes, adding own money plus new Champions League prize awards, Yokohama Rubber sponsorship (and Premier League money in the near future) plus player sales Chelsea can comfortably afford bigger spending than 100m£.

I agree that we should have the money to spend 100m on players if we sell a lot of our own players but I still don't think that we should. A new winger would be great and we could use a backup midfielder and a new second keeper. In defence I believe in Zouma and because of that I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a new CB.

This transfer activity shouldn't cost more than 60-70m and then we would have money left for january and stay within FFP.

I agree that we should have the money to spend 100m on players if we sell a lot of our own players but I still don't think that we should. A new winger would be great and we could use a backup midfielder and a new second keeper. In defence I believe in Zouma and because of that I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a new CB.

This transfer activity shouldn't cost more than 60-70m and then we would have money left for january and stay within FFP.

Well, in my opinion the new CB should be a top priority.

I believe in Zouma too but Mourinho doesn't. It's clear as day that Cahill is ahead of him whenever he's not one of the biggest liability around . So by not buying a new CB you have a paring of JT-Cahill for next season and I believe that is one of the reason that holds this club back, because everyone has to cover for defenders who can't take care of themself and needs a maximum protection. I'm not the only one who thinks that.

"Backup midfielder" more like a clear starter midfielder. I'm sorry but Cesc already proved x times here and in previous seasons that he's taken out of the game very easily whenever he faces serious opposition. Pff even Fellaini made him invisible man and we were without central midfielder. He can't deal with pressing and often ends up doing nothing, just strolling around.

A new central-midfielder/number 10 hybrid is a must.

I believe in Zouma too but Mourinho doesn't. It's clear as day that Cahill is ahead of him whenever he's not one of the biggest liability around . So by not buying a new CB you have a paring of JT-Cahill for next season and I believe that is one of the reason that holds this club back, because everyone has to cover for defenders who can't take care of themself and needs a maximum protection. I'm not the only one who thinks that..

That's ridiculous. Zouma is 20, he played a cup final and Jose praised his performance. we don't need much rotation with 1 game a week and Cahill is our #2 CB.

nyikolajevics likes this

That's ridiculous. Zouma is 20, he played a cup final and Jose praised his performance. we don't need much rotation with 1 game a week and Cahill is our #2 CB.

Rotation ? What are you taking about ? I'm talking about starting CB. And we need that guy in the summer.

Mourinho will mess around with Zouma and plays Cahill unless he's clear liability to drop him off. This season Cahill is Mou's "safe" option and will be next as well.

We need starting material CB, fast, proactive and ball playing type.

Our squad is fine, we just need 1 or 2 more clinical signings like last season and that's it. No need for an overhaul. You'd be surprised how much better everyone else starts looking once the team as a whole starts playing better.

1 world class midfielder and 1 more world class defender or attacker whatever is available will be more than enough.

My dream summer would be Koke. Even if it's just him alone, that'd be perfectly fine for me.

Muzchap and LondonsFinest like this

Our squad is fine, we just need 1 or 2 more clinical signings like last season and that's it. No need for an overhaul. You'd be surprised how much better everyone else starts looking once the team as a whole starts playing better.

1 world class midfielder and 1 more world class defender or attacker whatever is available will be more than enough.

My dream summer would be Koke. Even if it's just him alone, that'd be perfectly fine for me.

Koke + Reus = 75-80mil and were set to go.

Butland would be good for 2nd GK, as would Green. Icardi we should only go after if Remy leaves imo, he's not gonna dig being 3rd choice next season.

Icardi as backup? He is good but when will people realize we need experienced players on bench and not young talents who need to play week in week out.

CurlyHairLikeLuiz likes this

???

koke = 44mil, reus = 50mil.

it will be close to 100mil.

100 million euros = 80 million GBP - depending on how much the Euro tanks again...

kellzfresh likes this

For me...

Out: Cech, Mikel, Ramires, Oscar, Drogba (retire), plus various loanies.

In: Begovic, Varane, Pogba, Bale, Bamford (back from loan)

Prob cost 200 million +, but I can dream can't I?

It's either you want a world class winger like Reus or Bale who bring something different and are big goal threats or you want another world class centre mid, in addition to Cesc. We can't have both. Will be too expensive.

Judging from what I've seen since Mourinho came back, the former makes more sense and is more of a pressing issue, IMO, our biggest issue. Signing Pedro will take us nowhere, like signing Cuadrado or Douglas Costa. That's the brutal truth We need "world class" and "consistent" in those positions behind the striker. Then a new centre back.

didierforever likes this