test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

23,710 posts in this topic

Hi friend!

Totally agree with you. Khedira is a perfect backup for Matic. His transfer is free and is a very experienced player for big games and the type of player that help to win trophies.

Also, as you say, Khedira and of Jose have a great mutual empathy. I remember when they were at Real Madrid and Khedira was the main soldier of Jose.

With a player like Khedira us we could afford to rest Matic for him to get better physically and mentally at the end of the season and also would get us to compete for FA cup and League Cup smoothly. For me it would be a strategic signing.

Regards.

Hi friend!

Yes, definitely want him here if the HG quota rule doesn't change.

Mou loves players who wanna "die" for him, and he is an example of that, like Terry, Didier, Zlatan and many at Inter.

I remember Mou saying prior/after the game vs Dortmund:" Khedira is not available and he is vital for our play" and then Madrid lost 4-1 against Lewandowski.

Khedira when fit, is a superb player and can even start many games for us next to Matic.

Him or Matic running forward to support the attacks, with the other holding behind would be good to see.

In other games when Cesc plays deep, he could rotate with Matic. RLC could learn a lot from him too.

So, win-win-win situation imo.

supporter likes this

Hi friend!

Yes, definitely want him here if the HG quota rule doesn't change.

Mou loves players who wanna "die" for him, and he is an example of that, like Terry, Didier, Zlatan and many at Inter.

I remember Mou saying prior/after the game vs Dortmund:" Khedira is not available and he is vital for our play" and then Madrid lost 4-1 against Lewandowski.

Khedira when fit, is a superb player and can even start many games for us next to Matic.

Him or Matic running forward to support the attacks, with the other holding behind would be good to see.

In other games when Cesc plays deep, he could rotate with Matic. RLC could learn a lot from him too.

So, win-win-win situation imo.

Totally agree with you friend!

Regards.

stroey and Blue Colored Sky like this

Totally agree with you friend!

Regards.

Thanks !

Didn't Mourinho phone to Khedira and told him to stay one more year with Madrid to come to Chelsea ? That story was in Spanish papers for sure.

Khedira at least can press, when he is in his physical conditions he can press very effectively therefore he's much much better back up to Matic or even his partner than Mikel.

supporter likes this

We're really going all out on hitting the Japanese market aren't we. Japanese sponsor, Japanese post season tour, Japanese marketing signing.

Haha, yeah. At least they're a few hours ahead you know, we won't have to wake up in the middle of the night to watch pre-season matches :D

Could partner Matic in big games with Cesc at 10.

The only reason i dont want Khedira is because im afraid he'll start the big games next to Matic, that would be the wrong step imo. He's just a better Ramires.

If i was told he'll only be a Matic back up than i'll say yes. But i dont think he'll want it, and his wages he wants are crazy for a back up.

Fluminense's Kenedy to Chelsea for £5.8m a done deal according to Globo Esporte. The transfer was intermediated by the same guy that brought Ramires, Oscar and Willian at the club. Fluminense will get 55% of that amount, the rest will go to the investment fund that owns the other 45% of player's rights.

nadavTKL and Blue-in-me-Veins like this

So... Yoshinori Muto and Kenedy.

Vitesse are seriously confused right now... "who the fuck they're giving us?"

Or Moeskroen in the belgian league if that deal comes through. I would love a belgian sattelite club tbh. The belgian league is not that great but it has a tight defensive history. If young guns can make it here, they can cope with defences.

Sterling and Clyne are only two english players that we could realisticaly buy and have great potential, but also already good. And the only two that would actualy fit in our first 11 right away.

Stones too maybe, but he is far too inexperienced for straight action.

Sterling and Clyne are only two english players that we could realisticaly buy and have great potential, but also already good. And the only two that would actualy fit in our first 11 right away.

Stones too maybe, but he is far too inexperienced for straight action.

There's been crazy talk of Henderson going around.

There's been crazy talk of Henderson going around.

I think both Liverpool and Chelsea are trying to rattle each other.

Their were sterling to chelsea reports, than oscar to liverpool reports and now henderson to chelsea reports..

I think both Liverpool and Chelsea are trying to rattle each other.

Their were sterling to chelsea reports, than oscar to liverpool reports and now henderson to chelsea reports..

Reporters will write anything to sell papers.

The club is being linked with Jordan Henderson. 100 times over: yes. He is one of the most underrated players in the league. An amazing work ethic and application towards the sport. He isn't too bad on the technical side either.

inb4 some smartarse says LOL liverpool level

Kenedy is good but from what I've seen of him in youth tournaments, nothing special. The lad is a Chelsea fan though and has good physical and technical qualities

I don't know how you guys see it, but personally, I'll rather our marquee signing be an attacking option i.e a left or right winger, Bale or Reus than a Pogba. Pogba is a great player, but at this moment in time, isn't worth the fees being banded about and it remains to be seen how he'll adapt to a more reserved role (i'm guessing the thinking is to pair him with Matic?) because his style of play is anything but reserved.

We need that second reliable option, behind the main striker, besides Hazard. That has been one of our biggest weaknesses obviously. Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Salah and a host of others have been a combination of not good enough and inconsistent.

Priority for me should be :

(1) World class winger as marquee signing (preferably Reus or Bale) . This for me is a must. Much more so than Pogba or Koke. This is what we need to go to the next level . Both of those players will be very difficult to get, but that's the market we have to be shopping at to establish ourselves as CL favourites and the dominant power in English football. All this Cuadrado, Douglas Costa crap is just a waste of time and money and we all know it.

(2) Technically gifted, creative, yet defensively solid and sound CM to partner Matic. The CM is to be a viable understudy to Fabregas, to play next to Matic obviously, and also to give us re-assurance without undermining the high standard of technical quality and defensive stability of the pivot if Fabregas is used as a number 10. The new CM will compete for places with Loftus Cheek, while giving RLC a realistic chance of game time. Andre Gomes has been sounded out and I like him and the idea a lot. Right age too and will suit our team perfectly.

(3) A centre-back. Varane is the dream and he should be a primary target. It's safe to say that the depth in quality of centre-half's these days is at an all-time low. Probably the lowest its ever been. There just are so few prime aged centre-back's who are worth the hassle and price now. So aside from Terry's age, that's why he have to go for youth now, because that's were real quality is at. If Varane is unattainable, then go for Aymeric Laporte. We definitely need a new centre-back though. Terry is 34 and Cahill is out of sorts and unreliable.

(4) Lesser issues : a new back up keeper to Courtois, preferably an English one to help with the quota. I've seen we've been linked with Green, which is good. Getting a decent back up should not be a difficult task.

~ Also. maybe a new fullback. Ideally we shouldn't; We have Luis and Azpi for goodness sake, both of good age, but maybe signing a new fullback will make Jose stop with the playing Azpilicueta out of position nonsense and the seemingly "invincible" status of Ivanovic regardless of how woefully he plays. The fact that he got right back (no pun intended) into the starting line-up after his awful performance vs Hull City says something. Jose Gaya is a great option, probably the best u-21 full-back in Europe right now and better than Bernat was. Perhaps a double raid of Valencia for Gomes and Gaya.

~ Another striker to replace Drogba is also something we should look at. Icardi is apparently in his last year of contract with Inter and we've been linked. He's a fantastic player, Italy's best striker by a long way. Technically, he's very good, better than Costa. He'll be a good option to have, next to Remy and Costa. Personally though, I'll go for a Dybala, who is more in the Aguero/Tevez mold, and gives us the type of forward we haven't had in a long time. This type of forward fascinates me. Technically brilliant, great close control, explosive, decent finisher and relentless. Lots of competition from other clubs for both strikers though.. If neither is unattainable, then I suggest we try and steal Angel Correa from Atletico. That boy will be one of the best players in the world one day. An unbelievable talent. He's not primarily and out and out forward, but has played as one for his previous club and did brilliantly. He will be an amazing signing.

In summary, If we can bring in Bale or Reus, Andre Gomes (or a similar type of young, technically gifted CM, forget Koke and Pogba, they are luxuries and shouldn't be our primary marquee signing), Varane and Green, we'll have had an amazing summer transfer window. If we can sign an Icardi and Gaya in addition, even better.

Transfer outs will be a different post at a different time, but I'm sure some of you guys already know who I have in mind anyway. ^_^

I like all the names you are suggesting, but those signings will be way too expensive! I know we have a new shirt sponsor and a new tv deal coming up but I still think that spending above 100m pounds is a bit too much.

Butland would be good for 2nd GK, as would Green. Icardi we should only go after if Remy leaves imo, he's not gonna dig being 3rd choice next season.