Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

A short list of central midfielders for this summer's window. Please add your own.

1. Allan Marques Loureiro, tireless, flexible Brazilian central midfielder who can also play fullback. leader.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/allan/profil/spieler_126422.html

2. Axel Witsel complete center midfielder.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/443764/Axel-Witsel-reveals-desire-to-move-to-Manchester-United-or-Chelsea

3. Ivan Rakitić, captain, leader, two good feet.

4. Mateo Kovačić

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/mateo-kovacic/profil/spieler_51471.html

5. Younes Belhanda a center midfielder, not just a good attacker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hi4yEbikQY

6. I want to ask if anyone thinks Adam Maher can be a viable center midfielder for the Premier League. He seems strong to me and he easily has as much skill as someone like Modric, who was mentioned above in this thread. Or, maybe he's a Ramires with much more skill and better decisions.

7. Fabian Delph has also been on my mind for the past 16 months. English player not with a top club, not old but probably capable of being a top player.

Discussion maybe? :dunno:

Well whenever this thread shows up on the front page I click in anticipation that we have been linked with a player only to find that it's just discussion about random players that aren't even on our radar. but carry on, I will just ignore this thread in future.

Well whenever this thread shows up on the front page I click in anticipation that we have been linked with a player only to find that it's just discussion about random players that aren't even on our radar. but carry on, I will just ignore this thread in future.

The title says 'General transfer talk' which is something related to this club or any other, an open mind is the best thing you can have when entering this thread.

6. I want to ask if anyone thinks Adam Maher can be a viable center midfielder for the Premier League. He seems strong to me and he easily has as much skill as someone like Modric, who was mentioned above in this thread. Or, maybe he's a Ramires with much more skill and better decisions.

He's a number 10, doesn't really have the capabilities to play in the pivot IMO.

You would rather get all giddy about the bullshit we find in tabloid sports journalism as opposed to being exposed to talents you maybe haven't yet heard of? Like a girl reading through a 'Star' magazine, transfer rumors are bad for your health mate.

Why two?

Maybe you and I haven't discussed this yet, but Chelsea's CMs for next season are: Matic, vanGinkel, and Ramires (with Oscar as a possible backup player). I am assuming that Chelsea will not play ONLY 4231 next season and should have 5 or 6 possible players for the CM positions. I propose one top central midfielder and one excellent squad player or player with a lot of potential. I don't see anyone capable in the reserves, nor any of the loanees.

Chelsea have been running BEHIND their needs in central midfield for seasons. It's time to get ahead and make sure there's quality and depth. One CM this summer doesn't cut it.