test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

24,067 posts in this topic

Uh? Still don't understand how that makes Mou clueless?

Are you unhappy with the current signings and speculation? I'm not! We're signing younger players than Utd and already have a platform to build on. Utd are paying mega money on transfers and wages - which is unsustainable. Utd are basically doing what we did 7 years ago - it's a fools promise. I much prefer our new long term sustainable approach.

I don't think Utd will finish above us, they have a lot of ground to make up.

If they do - fair enough, but I certainly don't think that warrants a 'clueless' comment - especially as it is not Mourinhos decision alone on which players we bring in?

No no, Im more than happy with Mou work so far and signings, but if van Gaal comes to United, brings few players and finishes next season ahead of us, while Mou had two years to bring us on top, and a better players too, it would indicate that Mou didnt do his job in two years, while Gaal did in a year...but then again thats just pure speculation and wont happen, because Im certain we will finish next season ahead of United next year. Maybe clueless wasnt proper word also, but I hope you understand my point

Muzchap likes this

Why would they sell? Negredo reportedly wants to go back to Spain, and City needs to sell one foreign player so they could sign a new one (a CB most probably).

They've got far worse players who could be moved on ... Garcia and Demichelis to name two.

Anyway, it's good for us even if it means more Jovetic next season, who's a player I rate very highly.

Seems like some people are clueless when it comes to players that don't play for Chelsea. LOL!

Greece Lb Holebas as impressed me thoroughly in this tournament. he would be a cheaper alternative to Luis for sure and they are both around the same age anyway.

Di Marzio:

- Negredo is close to sign for Atletico Madrid for 15m Euros.

- Arsenal made a move for Alexis Sanchez.

Negredo for 15mil euros!!! That's an awesome deal. City must be crazy!!!

I would prefer Thiago Motta (I know quite impossible), but Tiago will do well too.

I think he will be a decent squad player. He will be used to close out games.

If we sell Lukaku, Etoo and Ba, we should target Bony as Costa backup. I can accept Torres only as a third ST next year.

Greece Lb Holebas as impressed me thoroughly in this tournament. he would be a cheaper alternative to Luis for sure and they are both around the same age anyway.

He is a big liability defensively but good going forward. He may looked better today only because Christodoulopoulos played in front of him rather than Samaras who is very slow. Don't jump to early conclusions from just a couple of matches. Trust me, Holebas is the last LB you want playing for Chelsea.

Strike and The Skipper like this

He is a big liability defensively but good going forward. He may looked better today only because Christodoulopoulos played in front of him rather than Samaras who is very slow. Don't jump to early conclusions from just a couple of matches. Trust me, Holebas is the last LB you want playing for Chelsea.

What is your opinion of Giannis Maniatis? Looks like a good midfielder/fullback to me.

What is your opinion of Giannis Maniatis? Looks like a good midfielder/fullback to me.

Maniatis is consistently among the best of the team. He just finished a very good season at Olympiakos. He is good as defensive midfielder and can play right back also. This way he can help the right side effectively in a defence oriented system (like Greece's). The problem with our players is that most of them will do the job in the system we play, but they lack creativity and pace. To simplify, you can expect a MIkel type of performance from him.

Edit: There is a rumour that Everton might have contacted Olympiakos. I doubt he is at their priorities but it's very possible that they have an eye on him.

Maniatis is consistently among the best of the team. He just finished a very good season at Olympiakos. He is good as defensive midfielder and can play right back also. This way he can help the right side effectively in a defence oriented system (like Greece's). The problem with our players is that most of them will do the job in the system we play, but they lack creativity and pace. To simplify, you can expect a MIkel type of performance from him.

I saw him pass the ball quickly though, one or two touches, playing with his head up more than Obi Mikel. I think he's better than Mikel, but not seen him enough.

City have one HELL of a powerful midfield.

Would be brilliant if Yaya leaves. Going to be an extremely difficult title fight between us.