test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

23,720 posts in this topic

Cadena SER reporting that Ander Herrera to United is a done deal. They have triggered his release clause. €36m.

They reporting it in Marca too.

Boy this new PL will be amazing.

Let's hope Liverpool holds up, City keep it up, Arsenal strengthen and Tottenham does good.

I want us to win the PL against the best, the toughest and all that.

May this new season be harder then the last one, amen!

iseah100 and Ze Mario like this

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9354516/transfer-news-guillermo-ochoa-calm-over-future-amid-barcelona-link

lol at ochoa agent. lucky duck :lol: He will move to a new condo cos his client played superb at WC.

But seriously, 20 clubs? :carlo2:

To be fair, Memo has been doing that since his days at America. It's just the whole world finally got to see it. They don't necessarily have to be top clubs, mid table teams in Germany, England, Spain, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to 20 clubs.

If that happens, Mou is clueless. With the team we (will) have including Cesc, Costa and Luis, we should be front runners next year with city...if united makes jump from 7th to ahead of us next season, Mou wont be long here...I dont think Mou is doing bad job, but he realy must win sth next year with that squad...

And MU first needs two CBs, two CMs and then maybe a winger.

Strootman, Robben, possibly a dutch cb ala de vrij, martins,...and then Blind/Carvalho (are they still interested in him?), Shaw, quality CB...I just dont see them getting all that in a year.

If Robben moves to Utd -.Mou is clueless? Please explain?

Barbara likes this

Rumor is that MU have paid 36m euros for Herrera and he will sign soon. Hahahahahahahha Fabregas and Herrera same price, cannot believe what a good deal we got when looking around at deals like this. 36m for a OK mid compared to a world class mid for the same. I know Fab is on bigger wages but still 36m is a joke.

Rumor is that MU have paid 36m euros for Herrera and he will sign soon. Hahahahahahahha Fabregas and Herrera same price, cannot believe what a good deal we got when looking around at deals like this. 36m for a OK mid compared to a world class mid for the same. I know Fab is on bigger wages but still 36m is a joke.

Have a feeling Fabregas left for such a low price for him because he was adamant that he wants only London(his girlfriend and daughter live there), leaving Barcelona with no leverage if they wanted to sell him. And I've heard there are many add-ons in the deal--Chelsea structured the Fabregas transfer in such a way that Arsenal wouldn't profit. All in all, really smart deal, even considering Fabregas's wages.

to be fair , he is a brilliant player and would have suited us great

iseah100 likes this

Even with Ander Herrera their midfield doesn't worry me at all. Not until they have a proper, top class DM rather than Fellaini or an old Carrick coming off of a terrible season.

Should be amusing watching the United fans try to big Herrera up as a "world class" player who's suddenly better than Fabregas.

Should be amusing watching the United fans try to big Herrera up as a "world class" player who's suddenly better than Fabregas.

lol They seemed almost more upset than Arsenal fans when we signed him. Reading 100+ pages Fabregas thread on redcafe was gold.

Even with Ander Herrera their midfield doesn't worry me at all. Not until they have a proper, top class DM rather than Fellaini or an old Carrick coming off of a terrible season.

They already are - some are saying the only better central midfielders they can sign are Modric, Pogba or Vidal.

Who cares if United spend £30-40 million (according to reports) on Robben? LVG will obviously make RVP and Robben his main men, the thing is RVP is 31 and Robben is 30... don't get me wrong Robben is one of the best wingers in the world, no doubt, but tbh i would hate it if Chelsea built their team around two aging players, never mind how good they are, also lets not forget RVP and Robben do pick up a fair few injuries during the season as well.

The Skipper, Muzchap and The Mak like this

They already are - some are saying the only better central midfielders they can sign are Modric, Pogba or Vidal.

LOL!

If they end their transfer window with Herrera, Shaw, and a new CB I think they'll definitely finish higher than 7th but I don't think they'll be title contenders. If they go and sign a world class DM like Vidal (which I don't think will happen unless they offer £70m or something) and a world class winger like Reus/Di Maria/Sanchez then I can see them being up there.

The Skipper likes this

Stephane M'Bia has revealed that it is his "dream" to play for a team coached by Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

The Queens Park Rangers midfielder spent last season on loan with Spanish side Sevilla, and is coming to the end of his current deal with the newly-promoted Premier League side.

The Cameroon international told AS.com: "I have the utmost respect for Sevilla, but will be difficult for me to stay because I want to play at the highest level and try to win the Champions League.

"I do not know where I'll go, but I want to accomplish great things next season. My dream is be coached by Mourinho, because I think he's a great coach."

If Robben moves to Utd -.Mou is clueless? Please explain?

If Mourinho wont finish season ahead of United (with or without Robben) next season, considering how good team we have and how bad United played last season...

Lol @ M'bia. Shit version of Ramires and an even dirtier player.

As for Sanchez and Arsenal, that would be a scary signing. Hope that doesn't happen. But doesn't Walcott play on the right?

Di Marzio:

- Negredo is close to sign for Atletico Madrid for 15m Euros.

Wait, what? Why'd City let him go for half the price they paid after just 1 season in which he scored 20 odd goals? Shite second half to the season but still very surprising.

Wait, what? Why'd City let him go for half the price they paid after just 1 season in which he scored 20 odd goals? Shite second half to the season but still very surprising.

He says thats Atletico's offer for City, but i guess it could raise to 20m, they're still negotiating.

Why would they sell? Negredo reportedly wants to go back to Spain, and City needs to sell one foreign player so they could sign a new one (a CB most probably).

Muzchap likes this

If Mourinho wont finish season ahead of United (with or without Robben) next season, considering how good team we have and how bad United played last season...

Uh? Still don't understand how that makes Mou clueless?

Are you unhappy with the current signings and speculation? I'm not! We're signing younger players than Utd and already have a platform to build on. Utd are paying mega money on transfers and wages - which is unsustainable. Utd are basically doing what we did 7 years ago - it's a fools promise. I much prefer our new long term sustainable approach.

I don't think Utd will finish above us, they have a lot of ground to make up.

If they do - fair enough, but I certainly don't think that warrants a 'clueless' comment - especially as it is not Mourinhos decision alone on which players we bring in?