Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

It is my opinion that we don't need a new defender, the defense is great the way it is now. What we need is a deep lying playmaker a la Xavi Alonso or Pirlo and a capable striker.

I'm glad that we are linked with the likes of Fernandinho and De Rossi. Even though they're not DLPs per se, they are great CMs and they could form and excellent partnership in midfield.

That capable striker I talk about could easily be Lukaku. I believe in the guy and I think he could develop into an amazing force under the guidance of Jose.

Oh I agree on needing someone like Xabi. He's amazing, but I do think we need another top defender... cahill isn't that trustful and Terry is getting injured a lot.

We used to have a great defense only a year ago and this year it couldn't have become more unstable and unpredictable...

My Whislist......

Out :

Benayoun (Free)

Courtouis (Loan to Atleti, get £1m)

Marin (£3m)

Hilario + Turnbull (Free)

Ba (£8m)

Moses (Loan)

Mceachren (Loan)

In :

Aubameyang (£18m)

De Rossi (£17m)

Angel Di Maria (£35m)

De Bruyne (back from Loan)

Alex McCharty (GK, £7m)

Chalobah (Promoted)

Essien (back from loan, gonna be useful to covering Azpi)

Lukaku (back from loan)

In - Out = £77m - £12m = £65m. Still a decent transfer for 4 new players...

So,,My dream squad next season is...

Cech / McCharty

Azpi / Essien ----- Cahill / Ivanovic ------ Luiz / Terry ----- Cole / Bertrand

De Rossi / Romeu ------- Ramires / Chalobah / Ake

Di Maria / Oscar ------- Mata / Lampard ------ Hazard / De Bruyne

Lukaku / Aubameyang / Torres

De Rossi and all of the successful loanees should return such as Courtois, de Bruyne and Lukaku. The others need one more season, as it is I'd shitcan over half of them. This is about improving what is already within the club and if need be get someone in January but for now let's see how much they matured after their inaugural season like Hazard and Oscar.

I think we'll probably bring back a couple of players from loan and maybe end up buying a few more players. I don't see the point in a massive spending spree. We have a lot of talent already and a lot of it is young and improving. We just need to add to it rather than tearing down and rebuilding.

If I had my druthers, we'd do something like-

Out: Torres (we just need to move on), Marin,

In: A striker like Cavani, Jovetic, Dzeko, etc...don't really care. A right winger like Di Maria or similar, and a central midfielder if we stick to a 4-2-3-1. (Someone like Coentrao would be useful long-term as well.

I reckon this is my favoured "In-Out" activity for this summer...

Out

Moses (Loan)

Torres (£20m)*

Essien (£7m)

Marin (£2m)

Mikel (£10m)

Courtois (Loan back to Atletico)

McEachran (Loan to a Premier League club)

Benayoun (£1m)

In

Cavani (£34m)*

Fernandinho (£24m)

Mangala (£8m)

A new backup keeper

Lukaku (Loan Return)

I honestly don't feel we should make "wholesale" changes to the squad. Getting a world class striker is an absolute MUST! I don't care how much he's worth, bring Cavani in for £34m plus Torres... I reckon that makes sense!! I reckon a new centreback with pace is needed! Mangala is a good option... I can see him and Cahill forming a mouthwatering partnership together at the back.. they can both emulate the days of Terry and Carvalho during Mourinho's first stint as manager.. with Cahill's no-nonsense tackling, and Mangala's pace to get the ball forward. Put David Luiz in a DM role alongside Fernandinho, who's just immense for Shakhtar, and tore us apart at the Bridge when we played them in the Champions League last year!

Lukaku should return from his loan at WBA, and he can rotate with Cavani as lone striker for matches... McEachran should go out on loan again to a different club.. preferably in the Premier League because I don't think any of our loanees learn anything when they get loaned to the championship! I think maybe a move to Southampton for McEachran would be ideal because their club have an amazing youth academy, and know how to bring up young talent!

I think Moses should also go out on loan, because no way am I a fan with his style of play... he just doesn't have a football brain at all! He loses the ball too easily, which makes his decision making non-existant. When Hazard plays, the ball gets stuck to him whether he's running fast or going slowly.. Moses is nowhere near that quality!

As for Marin and Benayoun... I don't feel they're quality! Marin has excuses because his career at Chelsea has been injury stricken, and has had trouble shifting the "three amigos"... so, another "Zhirkov" type aquisition! Benayoun on the other hand, is just... well... cack!

Essien and Mikel both need to go as well, because their good days have gone now, and need to be sold to reduce the wage bill!

Also, a backup keeper is needed, now that Hilario is leaving in the summer... surely we can't have just Turnbull as the alternative if Cech for any reason gets an injury! I would have said "bring back Courtois", but at the moment, he's far too good to be considered a "backup"... he should go back to Atletico on loan for another season. I mean, even if we snap up a keeper like Robert Green from QPR (yes, uncanny name, I know), but it's not bad for a backup keeper. Begovic from Stoke is another decent option, but like Courtois, he's far too good to be second choice, and I don't even think we're favourites for his signature anyway... Man United will probably get him.

This is what my Chelsea team would look like for the 2013-14 season then:

chelseateam.png

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... David Luiz to be our long-term future captain after Terry and Lampard have left at the end of the season....

Why loan Moses?

I think we'll probably bring back a couple of players from loan and maybe end up buying a few more players. I don't see the point in a massive spending spree. We have a lot of talent already and a lot of it is young and improving. We just need to add to it rather than tearing down and rebuilding.

If I had my druthers, we'd do something like-

Out: Torres (we just need to move on), Marin,

In: A striker like Cavani, Jovetic, Dzeko, etc...don't really care. A right winger like Di Maria or similar, and a central midfielder if we stick to a 4-2-3-1. (Someone like Coentrao would be useful long-term as well.

Agree with your list...I'd just add Bruma & Kakuta in the Outs List.

JOSE_S-XI-MAIN_1740325a.jpg

SO the Special One is back and says he is determined to do even better this time around.

Well, that is some challenge when you recall he captured six trophies in three years in his first spell at Stamford Bridge.

How on earth will Jose Mourinho pull it off?

The answer is simple — by giving Chelsea a world-class spine to the team again.

During his first reign he had Petr Cech in goal, John Terry at centre-half, Frank Lampard in centre midfield and Didier Drogba as centre-forward.

Every one of them was a winner, every one of them a leader, every one of them a big game player.

Back-to-back Premier League titles, two League Cups, the FA Cup and Community Shield proved it.

Which is why the backbone of the team is the first thing he will restore.

For this current Chelsea side undoubtedly has flair but is lacking the famous fight and the unquenchable spirit forged during the early Mourinho years.

To make it happen he will have to do some trading — sell so he can buy.

First out the door could be £50million flop Fernando Torres — a makeweight in a deal to bring Napoli’s Edinson Cavani to SW6 would be the ideal solution to a problem that has plagued a string of Chelsea managers.

Mourinho is desperate to have a focal point to the Blues’ attack again and likes Cavani.

But he would equally take Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski or maybe even Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney.

Lewandowski is Bayern Munich bound and United say Rooney is staying put. So all hope rests on Cavani.

Behind the front man he will allow licence for the trio of Juan Mata, Eden Hazard and Oscar to strut their stuff.

Talk that Mourinho is negative is nonsense.

The man has set record points totals in England and Spain and you do not do that by parking the bus.

That is why this new team will be like his first Chelsea side which swept everyone aside thanks to the swash-buckling talent of Arjen Robben, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Joe Cole.

Behind them, though, there will be no Claude Makelele — one of the greatest defensive midfielders ever and a key component of Chelsea’s early success.

But a new shape this time around would see two men with that responsibility. First Lampard, Chelsea’s record goalscorer playing a deeper Xabi Alonso-style role to help feed the front four ahead of him.

He can still romp forward himself to continue his amazing scoring heroics.

Sitting tight could be Luka Modric. Mourinho took him to Madrid where he was labelled the worst buy of 2012 in Spain.

Not in Mou’s eyes. The £30m-rated Croatian is one of only two players the Portugeezer would bring with him from the Bernabeu.

The other is... no, not Cristiano Ronaldo but Raphael Varane, the young French star who has just turned 20 but looks set to become one of the game’s best centre-backs.

He can also play defensive midfield or sweeper but first and foremost he is a defender who Mourinho loves and trusts. Madrid do not want to sell but if they did, the Special One would be first in the queue.

Mourinho says he is looking forward to working with the precocious but unpredictable talent of David Luiz.

But the Brazilian’s high-risk style of play will drive Jose wild, so he could soon be in trouble with his new boss.

Luiz will get his chance, though, and a certain starter is Chelsea’s captain, leader and legend Terry — Jose’s warrior from before. And he will be again now.

At full-back Mourinho knows he is well served by Ashley Cole and Cesar Azpilicueta.

They are quick and attacking and can give the likes of Lampard and Modric even more options to begin attacks from deep.

But most importantly they are defensively sound and uncompromising in the tackle.

Finally, there is another old favourite for Jose to turn to — keeper Cech.

His heroics last season helped Chelsea end a turbulent campaign with a top-three finish and the Europa League trophy.

In that sort of form — and with Mourinho back at the helm — the prizes will be a lot more glamorous next season.

Making sure Cech stays at the top will be Thibaut Courtois, the on-loan keeper brought back from Atletico Madrid to push the Czech all the way.

On the bench he would love to see former Inter Milan favourite Wesley Sneijder as back-up for the midfield trio.

Mourinho remains close to the Dutch star who has not settled at Galatasaray after a £7m January move.

Demba Ba and Romelu Lukaku would be the other strikers. Ramires could play right-back, the right side of midfield or defensive midfield while Luiz and Branislav Ivanovic would give him defensive cover.

And Chelsea fans cannot wait to see Jose’s new way forward.

Here is the Jose Dream Team

PETR CECH

A Jose old boy and one of the best goalkeepers in the world, if not THE best.

RAPHAEL VARANE

Mourinho would take promising Real centre-back to Chelsea in a shot.

JOHN TERRY

Sidelined much of last season but, if fit, will be back in heart of the defence.

ASHLEY COLE

Bought and loved by Jose — his quality and desire set the left-back apart.

CESAR AZPILICUETA

Mourinho likes attacking full-backs who can add pace and width.

LUKA MODRIC

Mourinho likes the Real player’s flair, calmness and ability to hold the ball.

FRANK LAMPARD

They regard each other as best in the business — Jose said Lamps must stay.

EDEN HAZARD

If he does not weave magic in right places he will be hooked — like Joe Cole.

OSCAR

Will get chance to shine but will be vulnerable if he cannot hack Mou’s work ethic.

JUAN MATA

Jose will love a player similar to Sneijder at Inter and Gudjohnsen in first Blues’ job.

EDINSON CAVANI

Napoli’s creator and finisher has great movement and ticks all the boxes.

Subs:

COURTOIS

Seen as competition and back-up for Blues’ No 1 Cech.

IVANOVIC

Can play centre or full-back — so ideal cover across whole backline.

LUIZ

If Brazil ace turns liability into reliability he will be in the team.

RAMIRES

Can cover any midfield spot with his huge versatility and energy.

BA

Proven goalscorer in the Premier League who can help turn games for Blues.

SNEIJDER

Option for No 10 spot, with Mata playing down either flank.

LUKAKU

Raw but also unplayable at times — the next Didier Drogba.

Two top-class signings by City. First Navas, now they get Fernandinho for a reported 25 million.

I cant see any dramatic changes, just some depth and maybe an already proven midfielder such as De Rossi (i wish).

not sure to whether we will buy another striker or bring back Lukaku. according to the papers, Mourinho wants to tutor him and mould him in to what he wants, so if he does that i think for the second part of the season we may see a lot of him. or maybe he will just go out on loan again for the last part of hte season, but i wouldnt be suprised to see Lukaku stay with us until January.

If Torres is sold, then yes i see us getting another striker, but dont see it being a huge one like Cavani. probably someone like Dzeko or Gomez but i dont think we will sell Torres.

personally for me, id say bring back everyone on loan and promote some of the youth players and help merge them in to the team.