test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

23,603 posts in this topic

Merged it with this thread since it's about our transfer business this summer. No need to create another separate thread.

Fair enough. Care to throw in your two cents?

Depends if we are talking Dream football manager type or more realistic.

Probably something along the lines of

Lewandowski

Di Maria

Lars Bender

Subotic

Would be amazing, but its probably not that realistic.

When you've got £100 million, Roman Abramovich and Jose Mourinho, being realistic goes out the window.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2325346/Jose-Mourinho-100m-spend-Chelsea-reveals-Rafa-Benitez.html

Now that we've got a somewhat concrete figure of £100 million to spend, I think we can begin this type of thread. Rafa mentioned 3-4 players, so try to keep within that.

With the £100 million I'd go:

Cavani: £40 million

Schurrle (seems locked in, even though I don't quite want him) £15 million

Rooney: £25 million

De Rossi: £20 million

I may change my mind several times though between now and the end of the window. What about you guys?

Spot on.. except if we have Cavani I would rather get a RW instead of Rooney.

Spot on.. except if we have Cavani I would rather get a RW instead of Rooney.

We're getting Schurrle for that apparently, which is why I chose Rooney. Our defense is solid and just needs help from the midfield which De Rossi should be able to help with (Also with Essien maybe coming back?). Vidal was actually my first choice but don't know if he'd leave Juve.

From there it's about adding enough firepower to win the title like City and United did in the last 2 seasons. 4 strikers (2 world class and 2 pretty good) is what we should have, considering Rooney's versatility.

Also on second thought, De Rossi shouldn't cost anymore than £15 million so we can put in £45 million for Cavani or £30 million for Rooney if needed.

Fair enough. Care to throw in your two cents?

Not exactly convinced with the purchase of Schurrle because it's our RW that needs fixing and not the LW but it does look like we are getting him.

We definitely need a top notch striker and hoping that it will be Lewandowski because he will fit in like a glove with the players here. And we would also need 1 midfielder, preferably a deep lying playmaker. Want us to go get Cabaye and doubt Newcastle will put a huge price tag on him when compare with the likes of Moutinho etc.

mediator likes this

We're getting Schurrle for that apparently, which is why I chose Rooney. Our defense is solid and just needs help from the midfield which De Rossi should be able to help with (Also with Essien maybe coming back?). Vidal was actually my first choice but don't know if he'd leave Juve.

From there it's about adding enough firepower to win the title like City and United did in the last 2 seasons. 4 strikers (2 world class and 2 pretty good) is what we should have, considering Rooney's versatility.

Also on second thought, De Rossi shouldn't cost anymore than £15 million so we can put in £45 million for Cavani or £30 million for Rooney if needed.

Well I agree about the firepower thing, But, Schurrle is a LW and we dont know if he'll perform at RW.

Well I agree about the firepower thing, But, Schurrle is a LW and we dont know if he'll perform at RW.

He'll end up playing both wings anyway really. We've got Moses as well. RW isn't that much of a priority or problem to me

Cavani/Falcao/Lewy - no more than 45m

Moutinho - 20m

Capoue - 10m

Schurrle/Robben/Farfan/Di maria - 25m.

I'd say Robben is getting to that stage of 'too old'. I'd steer clear of him. Di Maria is a good shout.

I'd say Robben is getting to that stage of 'too old'. I'd steer clear of him. Di Maria is a good shout.

Yeah i think so too, but he's still in my top 3 list of players than can come here and start on the right for us.

Cavani/Falcao/Lewy - no more than 45m

Moutinho - 20m

Capoue - 10m

Schurrle/Robben/Farfan/Di maria - 25m.

Robben= NO

Sheva. likes this

Would De Rossi leave Roma, though?

Plus, he is nearly 30. Would be awesome in any case.

Would De Rossi leave Roma, though?

Plus, he is nearly 30. Would be awesome in any case.

he still has many years left. Italians keep their form no matter the age.

Farfan would be wise buy. Not too expensive, but a top winger and rare one who knows how to cross. Due to time in psv, he become very good passer too (for a winger), and offers hard working and tracking with timed tackles. Bad thing is his similar style to other players. He cant offer long shots, neither is he proven scorer. It depends what we want realy. With someone like farfan, we can play fast passing/possession play but isnt a plan B like Schurrle is. Still, his experience is imprtant and having him in team would add technique to the team even further.

Sheva. likes this

Schrulle

Lewandowski (only if we don't get Lukaku back)

Fellaini

We don't need more players and we should focus on what we already have. Stability is the key.

TheCount likes this

With all the change in English football it's going to be very interesting to see what players do actually come to this league and what players leave. I hope we get our Mourinho's contract penned a.s.a.p so we can get on with buying the players he desires.