test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

18,196 posts in this topic
“We are looking for talent, the best talent available, but the January transfer window is notoriously difficult because the talent is not available, and even when it is it's always at extra cost.

“Hopefully we can get the Cahill deal wrapped up, then we will study the forward situation. You have to pay heavily for the talent we need. It can get frenetic in the last week but we have our targets outlined.”

Despite admitting to Chelsea’s obvious need for striker reinforcements, the Blues boss remains adamant there will not be wholesale changes made to the squad.

“You have to remember that this is the squad we set out to win four trophies with.

“We would have to call ourselves incompetent if we were to make radical changes, we are looking to add but not to the extent spoken about [in the media]. - Andre Villas Boas”

I got some good vibes from this for sure. AVB has outlined we'll be targeting:

-talent, the "best talent available" - Lucas, Hazard? I'm relieved we're not going for the lazy route and still looking positive

- the "forward sitatuion" any way you look at it, their must be truth in some rumors - Higuain, Hulk and Pato were all finding their way too the newspapers last week so I think their is something to go on their. Same goes for Hazard and Lucas!

My wishlist:

Lucas, Hazard, Pato and Cahill

For Midfield I say we don't splash the cash: Josh, even after his inevitable loan may lose a lot of playing time and we have Piazon already. I'd say Sergi Roberto is a good one. Perhaps recall Kakuta for the wings but a loan might suffice for the 2nd half of the season.

tipsyricky1 likes this

I got some good vibes from this for sure. AVB has outlined we'll be targeting:

-talent, the "best talent available" - Lucas, Hazard? I'm relieved we're not going for the lazy route and still looking positive

- the "forward sitatuion" any way you look at it, their must be truth in some rumors - Higuain, Hulk and Pato were all finding their way too the newspapers last week so I think their is something to go on their. Same goes for Hazard and Lucas!

My wishlist:

Lucas, Hazard, Pato and Cahill

For Midfield I say we don't splash the cash: Josh, even after his inevitable loan may lose a lot of playing time and we have Piazon already. I'd say Sergi Roberto is a good one. Perhaps recall Kakuta for the wings but a loan might suffice for the 2nd half of the season.

Pato (Mr.Injured) and not Cavani/Higuain?

id like bale and cahill and a RB bale coul play left wing and mata play in the middle! 2nd to bale id like hulk hes immense a perfect for the prem with his pace and power!

Him :D

Perfect type of player.. An attacking midfield player who can pass :o

Yeah, I am really gutted we didn't get him before he signs a new contract with Barcelona. He can pass, he also can dribble and score. A really good player, he's one of my favorite youngsters. Though we won't get him. His buy-out clause is up to €90m and he plays quite a lot at Barça. Though we should go for his brother, Rafinha Alcantara, I heard he was better than Thiago. His buy-out clause is around £8m if I remind well, and I read we were scouting him.

Cahil, Pastore, Hazard,

Pastore has proved he's a money grabbing cunt. Don't want to see him in a Chels shirt

Yeah, I am really gutted we didn't get him before he signs a new contract with Barcelona. He can pass, he also can dribble and score. A really good player, he's one of my favorite youngsters. Though we won't get him. His buy-out clause is up to €90m and he plays quite a lot at Barça. Though we should go for his brother, Rafinha Alcantara, I heard he was better than Thiago. His buy-out clause is around £8m if I remind well, and I read we were scouting him.

Has to be a lot of emphasis on restructuring our midfield. Finding less-than-expensive priced attacking midfield players who will be effective in the middle. Players like Iličić would be good, but again Palermo are no easy negotiators.

We must over-stock our midfield. Not types like Benayoun, Rodwell, Pienaar etc. Players who will have a spark like Pre-Chelsea Deco.

francozola likes this

Pato (Mr.Injured) and not Cavani/Higuain?

Pato - Mr.Versatile, Mr. Usain Bolt, Mr. Young, - see my point, Pato is a rare breed of striker. Ronaldo (real Ronaldo)-esque and Aguero like. Higuain and Cavani are fantastic poachers who won't be any less of a buy, but in the premier league this guy would cause absolute havoc. Cavani and Higuain, proven as they may be are more reliant on being fed. Great players nevertheless. Pato injuries can be a worry, but maybe our doctors can help him in another way.I know Milan are renowned for their incredible fitness levels, but we aren't too shabby. If this boy can be kept fit he has everything to be one the top players in the world.

Pato - Mr.Versatile, Mr. Usain Bolt, Mr. Young, - see my point, Pato is a rare breed of striker. Ronaldo (real Ronaldo)-esque and Aguero like. Higuain and Cavani are fantastic poachers who won't be any less of a buy, but in the premier league this guy would cause absolute havoc. Cavani and Higuain, proven as they may be are more reliant on being fed. Great players nevertheless. Pato injuries can be a worry, but maybe our doctors can help him in another way.I know Milan are renowned for their incredible fitness levels, but we aren't too shabby. If this boy can be kept fit he has everything to be one the top players in the world.

1 question,

how does one score if there's no-one to give you the ball? /Mindfuck

1 question,

When I said reliance on being fed I meant like how they play well when the wingers and midfielders are. They are clinical though yes. But with Pato he can make a goal out of nothing, he has that magic. Remember that goal against Barca? Pato can beat 2 or 3 players and score out of nothing.

1 question,

LDN, I am sure that you remember his goal against Napoli last year at San Siro.

I said Rodwell because i do not like Mikel one bit and for this Fifa fair play stuff, get some good English guys in there. Rodwell is a very good player, not necessarily defensive only either. He's a good English central midfield player.

LDN, I am sure that you remember his goal against Napoli last year at San Siro.

I do. But we cannot assume he can do that game in, game out. Imagine how many more he'd score if we got a really terrifying midfield. He wouldn't have to play the 'Rooney' role of coming deep to collect the ball.

Ollie he is not going to play consistently like he is at Everton at this club. Romeu is our DM now and i don't think Rodwell will get into our CM especially if we need a play-maker so dearly. We need a player who can release Sturridge, he has got to be around 5'8 from South America and his name has to have something exotic to it like Diego Ramon Lopez :lol: SORTED !

it's not our strongest side.

I do. But we cannot assume he can do that game in, game out. Imagine how many more he'd score if we got a really terrifying midfield. He wouldn't have to play the 'Rooney' role of coming deep to collect the ball.

True. But if we were to buy a striker, I mean if our next and only signing is a striker, we should go for his kind, since he doesn't need to be given the ball in his feet to make something.

Eviltwinz93 likes this

it's not our strongest side.

Yes, but as mentioned before this kid is special. If we wait too long its only a matter of time before the likes of Real and Barca pursue him. We have Torres already, who isn't getting anything from our service. I know Higuain and Cavani are clinically superior, and more confident atm but whose to say they can do any better. Pato doesn't need any of that, but can create something on his own accord. It's like Dzeko vs Aguero.