test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

23,275 posts in this topic

Wtf is with this Huntelaar/Llorente obsession?

First is old and was good only in Germany (and he played in Spain and Italy too), second is 27, had one goal in 13 games (out of form) and doesnt fit to our system as he is tall, slow and cant control the ball.

I know they would be cheap options, but in that case, if we cant get Falcao/Cavani, Lewandowski would be great also for 25mio.

Romulo is exact copy of Yaya Toure and only 21. Unfortunely he is injured till next may and I dont see him going in bigger club for at least one year. Then if he continues with his performances, I realy hope we get him. Right now, Fernandinho is also great option, also Capoue, Benat and Bender.

How is Lewandowski a cheap option at £25m?!

Huntelaar never got a fair crack at Madrid and is a much better player now with experience. Also don't forget over the last 2-3 years the German league has grown much stronger. He has excellent off the ball movement and natural predatory instincts which Torres doesn't seem to have. He wouldn't need to have blistering pace because of the way we play, just being able to finish chances which he no doubt can do.

And have you thought why Llorente is in such poor form given the way Bilbao and the fans have treated him for not signing a new contract?

How is Lewandowski a cheap option at £25m?!

Huntelaar never got a fair crack at Madrid and is a much better player now with experience. Also don't forget over the last 2-3 years the German league has grown much stronger. He has excellent off the ball movement and natural predatory instincts which Torres doesn't seem to have. He wouldn't need to have blistering pace because of the way we play, just being able to finish chances which he no doubt can do.

And have you thought why Llorente is in such poor form given the way Bilbao and the fans have treated him for not signing a new contract?

Seeing that prices are inflated and we are Chelsea, Lewandowski for 25mio wouldnt be that much, considering that he is 24, in form and has big potential.

And please you must be joking that we should go after Llorente, a striker who is NOT EVEN IN FORM? Torres was fucking beast before he lost his form, I hope we dont make another mistake like that.

Seeing that prices are inflated and we are Chelsea, Lewandowski for 25mio wouldnt be that much, considering that he is 24, in form and has big potential.

And please you must be joking that we should go after Llorente, a striker who is NOT EVEN IN FORM? Torres was fucking beast before he lost his form, I hope we dont make another mistake like that.

Every striker has a poor run of form! You have to consider the reason for this poor form, Bilbao have hung him up like a devil and the fans have turned on him for not signing a new contract.

Completely different to buying Torres. Firstly Llorente will cost very little with 6 months left on his contract, or even free in the summer.

Secondly Torres wasn't in poor form. He had simply declined as a result of injuries and we paid for his name and reputation, just like Sheva.

And this isn't football manager or fifa - £25m is an awful lot of money (although i rate Lewandowski highly)

Every striker has a poor run of form! You have to consider the reason for this poor form, Bilbao have hung him up like a devil and the fans have turned on him for not signing a new contract.

Completely different to buying Torres. Firstly Llorente will cost very little with 6 months left on his contract, or even free in the summer.

Secondly Torres wasn't in poor form. He had simply declined as a result of injuries and we paid for his name and reputation, just like Sheva.

And this isn't football manager or fifa - £25m is an awful lot of money (although i rate Lewandowski highly)

I know there are different reasons for form problems with Llorente and Torres, but I just dont want out of form player here. And tell me why he didnt play a minute on euros? Even Soldado got chance ahead of him...

Yes I agree 25mio is lot of money, but looking at situation with inflated prices, the fact that Javi Martinez was 40, Carol 35...spending for class player like Lewandowski isnt that much.

Why on earth would dortmund sell lewandowski in january?I think somebody like huntelaar would be ideal for us right now.He is a fantastic finisher and has great movement plus he will be pretty cheap.

Maybe not in January, but in summer, I would love to see Bale here. Spurs are getting shit and we could offer them Marin + money. He can cross, pass, dribble and decently defend (for winger now).

He is young and British.

What about Jordie Clasie or Kevin Strootman?

Both good young midfielders..I like Strootman but PSV won't sell in January unless we pay 25 million. Also, there would be competition from Fergie if we tried to sign Strootman, cause he's been on United's wishlist for 2-3 years.

What about Jordie Clasie or Kevin Strootman?

Dont no much about Clasie but strootman is a fantastic midfielder would love him here.

Isco is a fantastic talent.If marin's injury problems persist then i feel we should sell him and target isco.

We're Chelsea. We have lots of money. :blue scalf:

Time to stop just buying prospects - I want a top-class centre-back please. (or near-enough top class.)

Give me Subotic, Hummels.. or.. oh crap. I'm already out of top class centre-backs who don't play for a selling club. :blush:

Ok well there's one prospect I'd like us to get... Jores Okore.

I'm sure most of you remember him.

He's basically a defender version of Drogba :wub:

We need to buy a CB. I think it's a more pressing priority than CM. Luiz is well...If he keeps this up surely he's on the path to being sold. JT's career is winding down fast.

Subotic and Hummels are definitely top of the tree. Not too many other class defenders that are 'available'.

We need to buy a CB. I think it's a more pressing priority than CM. Luiz is well...If he keeps this up surely he's on the path to being sold. JT's career is winding down fast.

Subotic and Hummels are definitely top of the tree. Not too many other class defenders that are 'available'.

Wouldn't mind Papadopolous (mind the spelling).

Yes JT is getting older, but he will be the first CB on the team sheet until the end of the season, cause he's still our best one. Now the question is if Cahill-Terry is good enough for this season, but no metter what the answer is, there is no way Subotic and Hummels will leave in January. Same as Lewandowski, Dzeko, Falcao and Cavani.

Yes, actually I would. People are vastly overrating Sturridge out of the desperation to find an alternative to Torres. Sturridge is not really better IMO. I'm pretty tired of Torres too but I like that his link up play is good and he allows us to at least play reasonably well in terms of creativity and movement. More so than Sturridge who I think just does not have a future here.

Add in other factors like Torres' wages and Sturridge's contract situation and its clear which one needs to go first.

I seriousley dont get where and/or how they see that torres has good link up play. His touch is horrible and he does nothing good.

We got players to be creative and linkup what we need is a striker. We are depending and relying on our other players to score and not our striker . Thats stuipid.

Id say Danny is better than torres in every aspect of the game except for defensive skills but we dont need a defensive striker... We need one that scores, moves in the box, creates spaces and puts some presure on the oppositions defense. Every other big team has someone like that upfront and Wei used to aswell.

Torres needs to go.

Strike likes this