Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Just now, Pizy said:

This is why if I were Conte I'd seriously consider leaving in the summer to PSG or Milan. Clubs who are hugely ambitious and will sign any players he wants. I wouldn't blame him or be mad at all if he left. 

Chelsea have now sunk back to the Arsenal or Spuds level where we only look for bargains and up and coming talent which we have to take a massive risk on rather than proven, top class players. Signing any established top level player is a huge ordeal and only ever happens once we've sold a player for a similar amount. One in, one out.

We can't challenge City and United with this policy going forward. You can bet your last penny that the United board will be shitting themselves about the prospect of watching their Manchester rivals doing better than them for the next few years so they'll probably give Mourinho £300m more to spend this summer.

Thing is, we could quite literally spend what, £80m/90m this January on Sandro and Alexis and the squad becomes infinitely better. I mean, we spent £80m on Bakayoko and Drinkwater. 

12 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I mean, we spent £80m on Bakayoko and Drinkwater. 

This fact is still hard to stomach for me. You buy a project and a mid-table player for that, while this could have been spent on one truly great player. If we hadn't signed Bakayoko, Matic would have possibly stayed... would we really have been worse off with Matic still here + a world class winger/wing-back? I say we'd be infinitely better, but such logic goes over the board's head. Instead we basically split Matic into 2 inferior players and paid £40m extra to do that.

This is so fucking stupid I can't fathom it. :mouthclosed:

11 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Thing is, we could quite literally spend what, £80m/90m this January on Sandro and Alexis and the squad becomes infinitely better. I mean, we spent £80m on Bakayoko and Drinkwater. 

Why all of us fans can see this but the club can't is the most annoying thing. We could make a really good run at the CL and very realistically finish 2nd in the PL with a couple of really good signings. They're content with mediocrity though.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

This fact is still hard to stomach for me. You buy a project and a mid-table player for that, while this could have been spent on one truly great player. If we hadn't signed Bakayoko, Matic would have possibly stayed... would we really have been worse off with Matic still here + a world class winger/wing-back? I say we'd be infinitely better, but such logic goes over the board's head. Instead we basically split Matic into 2 inferior players and paid £40m extra to do that.

This is so fucking stupid I can't fathom it. :mouthclosed:

It's absolutely painful to digest that we bought Baka and Danny for roughly 80m.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I'd take Giroud in a heartbeat as our backup striker but I'm not sure he sees himself as such. That's why he wants out of Arse, no? He'd be in the same situation here as he is there. Maybe a few more opportunities. He could probably return to France and be the main man, though.

Really, the only reason we even signed anyone this month was because it had been in the works for months and Barkley cost peanuts. I'll be very surprised if anyone else comes in or goes out.

I'd take him here as well but like you said hes wanting out because he doesn't play a lot. He has got a really good skillset, strong in the air, great at linking up with midfield and other forward players and the last few years he has seemed to add a more killer instinct to his game, although my mate who supports Arsenal, disagrees at times haha. 

I doubt many other bargains will be available this month though. Although a bid of 15m for Luke Shaw or Stefan de Vrij (if Luiz goes) could maybe be decent options? de Vrij is avaliable on a free for the summer I'm sure... 

I'd take Giroud in a heartbeat as our backup striker but I'm not sure he sees himself as such. That's why he wants out of Arse, no? He'd be in the same situation here as he is there. Maybe a few more opportunities. He could probably return to France and be the main man, though.

They would want close to £35m. Makes no sense at that price

20 hours ago, the wes said:

Javier Hernandez could leave West Ham this month, according to Sky sources

With Conte not having trust with michy I would be all over this signing in a better side he would be a great signing 

He's exactly like Michy, rubbish footballer who scores some goals.

51 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

I wouldn't get excited but in these days 'hope' is everything.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

These tweets are a joke to be honest bro. I understand the need to hold hope tightly in both hands but it seems every Tom, Dick and Harry has a twitter account posting transfer bullshit.

1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

We made a decent signing finally. Fans should have been happier about Ross Barkley joining. I think we'll be more effective in the market now that Emenalo is gone.

I blinkin well hope so bud cause I had him down to be our root of all evil.

I had this thought seeing as Roman is after us having a 'English' (Homegrown??) core that he might just bring in old lads like JT,Lamps,Drogs and nake them a lind of general joint Sporting Director,academy coach head of scouts

But Ive been known to be wrong before lol