test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I dont think Barca would just dump Pique straight up and De Ligt wont play backup. And they will have to sell one CB 8first.

Umtit is barcas best defender when fit and they prefer Lenglet. Will be quality addition for whoever manages to snap Umtiti.

Umtiti is the one they will sell

I think they are mad as ass to sell him unless (and there are deffo rumours on this) his knee is still fucked

Juve and Arse both want him bad, Barca want around £70m, but I think they would take £60m. That is a STEAL IF his knee is oki. He is only 25, so still has 5 or 6 prime years left.

Lenglet has a bad game almost every time I watch Barca. I thought he would step up more this year, but he is still youngish (turns 24 in 3 weeks) so I guess he can still improve a lot. I can think of 30 plus CB's I would take over him. (a healthy Rudiger included for damn sure). Lenglet still can become great, I am sure Barca see that and will keep him for now.

Pique will never again have a year to the level he did this year, I just cannot see him doing it again. He looked exhausted today. 52 games and 4680 minutes will do that to a 32yo, lolol.

Father time will soon start to really show his effects, he turns 33 in next midseason, so surely this upcoming season will be his last chance at maintaining a WC level (and he was absolutely WC this year, superb as fuck) for a whole year. I am ruthless when it comes to ageing players. For every CR7 or Buffon there are 100's who drop like a rock once they get over 31, 32 max, and in most cases once they simply hit 30. Look at Marcelo, look at Ramos, look at Modric (he used himself up at the WC, he was horrid for RM this year half the time, I was shocked how off he was, he was always one of my favourite MFers, maybe Inter will rejuvenate him, as Serie A is a slower league).

Barca do have a raw 19yo with vast potential, Jean-Clair Todibo, and I can possibly see de Ligt and him becoming a decade long partnership, IF Todibo plays up to his potential. They might offer Ajax Todibo on a free loan for a year or two to grab de Ligt at a wee lower price and J-CT some significant game time with a superb developmental team.

UPDATE: Juve make Pogba swap offer

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1132195/Transfer-news-live-updates-Man-Utd-Chelsea-Liverpool-Arsenal-Real-Madrid-Barcelona

Juventus are ready to offer Manchester United Paulo Dybala and Alex Sandro in a bid to steal a march on Real Madrid in the race to land Paul Pogba - Express Sport can reveal.

The controversial French midfielder is set to quit Old Trafford for a second time this summer after struggling for much of last season.

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane is ready to match United’s £120 million valuation of the World Cup winner but he might need to offload Gareth Bale before he can move.

That could open the door for Juventus who despite struggling to find that kind of money do have one major advantage.

Manchester United have expressed an interest in signing Argentinean striker Dybala, 25, and Brazilian left wing back Sandro, 28, a long-time target of Chelsea.

snip

ffs:rant:

19 hours ago, Vesper said:

Umtiti is the one they will sell

I think they are mad as ass to sell him unless (and there are deffo rumours on this) his knee is still fucked

Juve and Arse both want him bad, Barca want around £70m, but I think they would take £60m. That is a STEAL IF his knee is oki. He is only 25, so still has 5 or 6 prime years left.

I'm surprised city not in for him with kompany leaving city 

Vesper likes this

Tottenham are leading a host of top European clubs determined to land PSV Eindhoven’s flying winger, Steven Bergwijn, Sky Sports News understands. 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Smart lad,and also it is horrid for us, he is a baller.

Real betis looking £88m for him 

46 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Eriksen has told Spurs he wants out.

Good. I hope that team is shredded like dodgy Weetabix.

I though t I see a mention of that, thought I misread it.

Fucking hell they've really pulled all the stops out:D

£40M what will that get them? drinkwater maybe:D