test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

23,303 posts in this topic

Both are poor excuses for strikers right now. Sturridge is really overrated because hes young and English I think and well Torres is just awful. Sturridge has potential but not potential like Oscar, Hazard, Moses etc. He will be a decent player not a world beater, hes so predictable too. If he wants to be a good player hes gonna have to start using his right foot... If Dannys so good why didn't Robbie not use him last season? Oh wait hes not that good obviously! And yes I said Moses has better potential than Sturridge because I believe he does. Sturridge lacks a footballers brain, doesn't track back, doesn't pass to others in better positions where as Moses excels tactically and will pass to others in good positions and is one hell of a player in the making.

because we had DIDIER blue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gif ... but u r being very harsh on danny. he deserves some time and definitely more than 1 carling cup game to decide his fate.

because we had DIDIER blue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gif ... but u r being very harsh on danny. he deserves some time and definitely more than 1 carling cup game to decide his fate.

I don't feel I'm being harsh on Danny. I just feel he is vastly overrated because hes young and English. Happens with a lot of players, like Ross Barkley at Everton who we were linked to after ONE GAME for 25 million pounds...... my point exactly.

I don't feel I'm being harsh on Danny. I just feel he is vastly overrated because hes young and English. Happens with a lot of players, like Ross Barkley at Everton who we were linked to after ONE GAME for 25 million pounds...... my point exactly.

i get that. but transfer listing him already would be harsh. he has had 1 game this season. he might not be the best striker in the world but with mazacar behind him all we need to have is some1 who can finish one on one situations (danny definitely does that) and some1 who can once in a while shoot arbitarily and give us a way out of harsh situations (he has got that aspect too). so just saying that while some1 like falcao or cavani might murder defenses with mazacar, danny himself is not that bad an option.

moreover it makes no sense selling some1 like danny for 10mil to pool (last year of contract, dont think we can get more) when we can get a lot more (as u said highly over rated). then we ll spend another 30-40-50 mil on a striker and bench him to make the blonde happy.

Most of you are unfair towards Nando. I agree his first year in the Bridge was dismal, but from April till now I actually believe he has done okay. It appears he is always the one who gets stick from our fans and the media when the entire team plays poorly. Sigh.. I guess that will never change.

Ontopic: I can definitely see Malouda go and if someone new comes along it will be some striker, but it won't be anyone from the likes of Falcao.

If he was a young player on reasonable wages, he would be considered to have done okay. Now he is the seventh most paid footballer on the planet with huge expectations and compared to any other striker who earns even half that amount it's hard to find someone who has done worse than him. Being Chelsea's undisputed number one striker and with the teammates he currently has playing beside him he should be contributing as much as the likes of Van Persie or Aguero are. Hell, at the moment I would even settle for him being as good as Jermain Defoe but we can only keep on dreaming...

didierforever likes this

about the cm position, i don't think we should buy, i think we need to call essien back (wait...isn't essien going to ACON too?) if not then we should call him back and then in the summer we have de bruyne coming in so..

I think we should sign Falcao or Cavani, keep Sturridge and then we still have lukaku to come back. Giving us 3 options up front. Also Sturridge can play on the wing. I really rate Sturridge, he just needs to pass more...

Nothing radical needed. this season is going according to plan. anything more than a 3rd place finish would be a bonus because at the start of the season we weren't actually prominent in the title picture.

Heisenberg likes this

The CM depends on what happens to Josh and KDB. If they end up staying at cfc next season then I think a loan cm would be the best option for the future. Trouble is I can't think of that many quality CMs available for a loan move...

I don't think we'll sign anyone significant. A bunch of youngsters maybe. I can see us diving in only if Sturridge should leave, then we'll be left with no choice to either recall Lukaku (unlikely) or sign a striker.

Yes, actually I would. People are vastly overrating Sturridge out of the desperation to find an alternative to Torres. Sturridge is not really better IMO. I'm pretty tired of Torres too but I like that his link up play is good and he allows us to at least play reasonably well in terms of creativity and movement. More so than Sturridge who I think just does not have a future here.

Add in other factors like Torres' wages and Sturridge's contract situation and its clear which one needs to go first.

Who has exactly been overrating Danny? All people are saying is that he deserves a solid chance upfront. You've made your mind up after he's only had one start?

Do you really think the club will have 2 expensive strikers on the books? I think that's unrealistic.

In : Kompany

Out : Luiz

Is there a dislike buttom?

We will never get Kompany and I dont see a reason to sell Luiz. Why cant he have a vote of confidence?

Cahill and Terry arent playing much better either, and people dont go shouting for his departure...

Maybe he won't be on Hazard or Oscars level but he will be miles ahead of Sturridge.

Really interested in why you're thinking that Moses is gonna be better than Sturridge.

Seriously, I'm really interested in why people tend to say that Danny won't come good. Is there any serious doubt about his attitude or whatsoever, because talking about his potential I don't see why he shouldn't become a brilliant striker.

If he was a young player on reasonable wages, he would be considered to have done okay. Now he is the seventh most paid footballer on the planet with huge expectations and compared to any other striker who earns even half that amount it's hard to find someone who has done worse than him. Being Chelsea's undisputed number one striker and with the teammates he currently has playing beside him he should be contributing as much as the likes of Van Persie or Aguero are. Hell, at the moment I would even settle for him being as good as Jermain Defoe but we can only keep on dreaming...

Okay fair enough, but we're just two months into the season and he had a decent start having already scored 6 goals. Problem is, after the international round up he had 3 not so great games and the bashing started all over again. Against Shakhtar and Swansea he wasn't the only one underperforming, but he appeared to get most of the blame by the fans. I am not saying I am perfectly happy with his performance, but seeing people screaming Torres out when he fails to score in a few games is annoying and ridiculous. He deserves at least to finish the season with us and then we can make a complete evaluation.

Ya'd honestly swear sturridge was the second coming of christ or something,

I mean he's at a good player at best, maybe even a quality player for a mid table team, but thats it, he's simply not good enough,

If torres even got to 20% of his former self he'd be better then sturridge, and atm neither do i really trust but im still going with Torres,

Why? experience at least, along with the myriad of other factors

Okay fair enough, but we're just two months into the season and he had a decent start having already scored 6 goals. Problem is, after the international round up he had 3 not so great games and the bashing started all over again. Against Shakhtar and Swansea he wasn't the only one underperforming, but he appeared to get most of the blame by the fans. I am not saying I am perfectly happy with his performance, but seeing people screaming Torres out when he fails to score in a few games is annoying and ridiculous. He deserves at least to finish the season with us and then we can make a complete evaluation.

Torres has now played like shit for four games straight and even got himself sent off in one of them. Sure, the second yellow card against United was ridiculous but he was lucky not to get a straight red in the first half and that's quite something for a player who was so invisible we probably wouldn't even have known was on the pitch if not for those few major fuck ups.

And you saying it's not okay to blame a single player if the whole team underperforms is part of the problem for me. A player we all expect Torres to be should be able to bail us out by scoring a goal out of nowhere when the team is playing badly because that is exactly what the leading strikers of our rival teams do week in week out. Torres is definitely not that kind of a player and instead he hides in his shell if the team is having a difficult game. Don't know about others but to me that is unacceptable.

Anyway, that's enough off topic because discussing Torres in this thread is pointless. We all know he's not leaving, even though he should.

didierforever likes this

Torres has now played like shit for four games straight and even got himself sent off in one of them. Sure, the second yellow card against United was ridiculous but he was lucky not to get a straight red in the first half and that's quite something for a player who was so invisible we probably wouldn't even have known was on the pitch if not for those few major fuck ups.

And you saying it's not okay to blame a single player if the whole team underperforms is part of the problem for me. A player we all expect Torres to be should be able to bail us out by scoring a goal out of nowhere when the team is playing badly because that is exactly what the leading strikers of our rival teams do week in week out. Torres is definitely not that kind of a player and instead he hides in his shell if the team is having a difficult game. Don't know about others but to me that is unacceptable.

Anyway, that's enough off topic because discussing Torres in this thread is pointless. We all know he's not leaving, even though he should.

But he's never really been that type of player, and sturridge certainly isnt.