Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 hours ago, jernej93 said:

AC Milan will be forced to sell some players in January ... anyone watching Serie A? How are Kessie and Conti doing? ^_^

Kessie has been extremely poor of late. Milan haven’t even signed him fully he’s still there on loan with obligation to buy option. Pretty sure Conti has been out for a while with a long injury.

I don't want to see anymore wilian, united come on!!

Sell Willian, Luiz  and Costa and with the money  go to juventus: give anything they want ( £160- 180 ) for Sandro and Dybala!

it is just sadness to see hazard between some useless players! The only one who is at hazard level is fabregas!

I was thinking a lot about what kind of players should we bring in. It's obvious that we need faster and better LWB (Sandro if possible), maybe RWB too, but it's way way harder decide what kind of players should we bring to improve our midfield and attack.

First of all - I'm not at all fond of getting second striker to play alongside Morata. Why? First of all - we already have him. Tell me one good striker that can score better than Eden Hazard. We don't need anything more in that department. Morata will improve, his bond with Eden too. Getting second striker would also mean dropping Hazard deeper at midfield, and we don't want that. So I would leave that as it is.

The player type I would like to bring is someone like James, Hamsik, KDB, David Silva, even Suso from Milan, he is only one that plays football in that squad. Someone creative, one that would drop deep in midfield if needed, but also with solid scoring abilities so he could chip in with some goals too. And yes, that would mean Fabregas on the bench, and by that - less creativity form the middle. Cesc is getting older, and he would be the best from the bench as super-sub in coming years. That brings me to my next point...

New midfielder, if possible. Someone in the mold of Saul or Koke from Atletico. Even Rakitić would be good, maybe Andre Silva? You know, well balanced player that can be good tactically, but also provide something in attack. Like Drinkwater, only better.

BUT, I know we've bought Bakayoko and Drinkwater and it would be hard to just buy another expensive midfielder. So that could be optional, let's say. It's easier to buy a new AMF and offload Willian/Pedro, than Baka/Drinky.

So, I was thinking:

---------------- Courtois -----------------

--- Azpi ------- Christy -----Rudy -----

-----------------------------------------------

Moses/new RB --------------- new LB

------------ Saul -------- Kante ---------

--------------- James ---------------------

-----------------------------------------------

------------------ Hazard -----------------

------------ Morata ------------------------

- world class LWB, and maybe a better RWB

- creative AMF - because let's face it, we will never buy some Verratti type and play him deep in midfield, we need creativity somewhere, someone with good passes

- balanced CMF for the same reason, it's hard to find someone creative but also good tactically

- that new creative AMF should be ok with scoring 10-15 goals per season, to help out Morata and Hazard

We probably don't stand a chance to sign player like Dybala, just because Real and Barcelona are much more "luxury" destinations and PSG, City and United are willing to spend much more than us these days. It is also expected that all German talents will end up at Bayern. 

So we have to do some Hazard/Christensen/Kante signings :) I am referring at "young" talents that are not world class yet but they are seeking a move to higher level.. someone like Malcolm, Milinkovic-Savic or Torreira. 

5 hours ago, jernej93 said:

We probably don't stand a chance to sign player like Dybala, just because Real and Barcelona are much more "luxury" destinations and PSG, City and United are willing to spend much more than us these days. It is also expected that all German talents will end up at Bayern. 

So we have to do some Hazard/Christensen/Kante signings :) I am referring at "young" talents that are not world class yet but they are seeking a move to higher level.. someone like Malcolm, Milinkovic-Savic or Torreira. 

I don't think that's always the case. There are too much top players around there, Real and Barca can't buy them all. And City and United won't spend every season those crazy sums, also, PSG got all they needed, they can't fit more attacking players in team. Dybala, Griezmann, Coutinho, those three are just from the top of my head. Coutinho probably to Barca, and we can fight with others for Dybala and Griezmann, why not? Who wouldn't want to play with Hazard, Fabregas and Morata, under good coach like Antonio Conte, in team that wins trophies regularly? We just need to show more will in the market, it's still all in our hands.

EDIT: There are a lot of young stars too, like Fekir or I don't know.

Semi-realistic potential LWB targets/experiments: Acuna (Sporting), Lemar, Sandro, Alba/Alaba (as a Sandro style high profile £60m target), Grimaldo, Masuaku (may not be that much better than Alonso but at least could provide competition and a pacy alternative), Telles, Rose, Gaya, Emerson, Tierney. In fact in a totally ideal world I'd sell Alonso, have Masuaku/Tierney/Emerson/Sessegnon (all would probably be cheapish (£20m and less?), are young and may be happy being back up), compete with one of the other options mentioned. 

For RWB there's not a lot out there and it's arguable we're best with Moses starting and Zappa back up, as opposed to shifting Zappa on after a year for a probable loss and spending £40m on someone not that much better than Moses. There's a few who I think would be good by improving on Moses or having potential to improve on Moses, e.g. Ricardo Perriera of Porto, Gelson Martins. Florenzi, again he'd probably be near Alex Sandro price, and probably wouldn't leave Roma, still. I know little about Odriozola and Weiser (from Bilbao and Hertha Berlin respectively) but they're two young fullbacks I've seen a lot of praise for on twitter. Another thing I'd be happy to do but unrealistic is to assimilate Sterling as back up to Moses. Unlike RLC and Ampadu I believe he's exactly the type of profile who may not need a loan and would benefit from a squad player role to build from. Won't happen though.

I think we criminally missed out on so many good, obtainable and not expensive wingback targets last summer, it's a shame. Ricardo Perriera (mentioned above, at Porto) had a €20m release clause. Toljan, at Dortmund, was available for €4m. He wouldn't be great but he'd also do what Zappacosta does, just be an average player to cover both sides, difference is his cheap price and he's also young. Joao Cancelo who again would be like Zappacosta but actually young enough to improve. The two biggest mistakes were missing out / not being in for Theo Hernandez for £20m to Real and Nelson for £35m to Barce. Two of the future best wing/full backs in the world right there going for £35m or less. 

Just late night wittering, am aware some of my 'ideal' situations are a bit football manager but they'd still work lol. But I genuinely think better wingbacks would transform this side and I'm disappointed with the club's lack of foresight last summer. 

10 hours ago, ja1 said:

Semi-realistic potential LWB targets/experiments: Acuna (Sporting), Lemar, Masuaku, Sandro, Alba/Alaba (as a Sandro style high profile £60m target), Grimaldo, Masuaku (may not be that much better than Alonso but at least could provide competition and a pacy alternative), Telles, Rose, Gaya, Emerson, Tierney. In fact in a totally ideal world I'd sell Alonso, have Masuaku/Tierney/Emerson/Sessegnon (all would probably be cheapish (£20m and less?), are young and may be happy being back up), compete with one of the other options mentioned. 

For RWB there's not a lot out there and it's arguable we're best with Moses starting and Zappa back up, as opposed to shifting Zappa on after a year for a probable loss and spending £40m on someone not that much better than Moses. There's a few who I think would be good by improving on Moses or having potential to improve on Moses, e.g. Ricardo Perriera of Porto, Gelson Martins. Florenzi, again he'd probably be near Alex Sandro price, and probably wouldn't leave Roma, still. I know little about Odriozola and Weiser (from Bilbao and Hertha Berlin respectively) but they're two young fullbacks I've seen a lot of praise for on twitter. Another thing I'd be happy to do but unrealistic is to assimilate Sterling as back up to Moses. Unlike RLC and Ampadu I believe he's exactly the type of profile who may not need a loan and would benefit from a squad player role to build from. Won't happen though.

I think we criminally missed out on so many good, obtainable and not expensive wingback targets last summer, it's a shame. Ricardo Perriera (mentioned above, at Porto) had a €20m release clause. Toljan, at Dortmund, was available for €4m. He wouldn't be great but he'd also do what Zappacosta does, just be an average player to cover both sides, difference is his cheap price and he's also young. Joao Cancelo who again would be like Zappacosta but actually young enough to improve. The two biggest mistakes were missing out / not being in for Theo Hernandez for £20m to Real and Nelson for £35m to Barce. Two of the future best wing/full backs in the world right there going for £35m or less. 

Just late night wittering, am aware some of my 'ideal' situations are a bit football manager but they'd still work lol. But I genuinely think better wingbacks would transform this side and I'm disappointed with the club's lack of foresight last summer. 

That's y I find it difficult to comprehend people relishing our title chances...we missed out on great wingbacks back in the summer now we are in the shit...two great wingbacks ll transform our side and make the team a very dangerous potent and formidable side...us and city needed wingacks back in the summer they got mendy and walker...we got Zappa....one word ambition!...Telles/Sandro and someone like Ricardo Pereira of Porto will transform the team...anyway let's see what our piss poor board ll do in January transfer window

Our team is way behind the city's n d united's of the world

Had this been fifa i wud have done this

Out - willian, luiz, batshuayi, zappacosta, baba rahman, pedro

In - Sanchez, Manolas, Auba/Belloti, ricardo pereira, alex sandro, mahrez

All achievable targets, But this is far from happening

Lets pray conte does something magical to win d cl

1 hour ago, the wes said:

strange rumour according to this link we going to sign Antoine Griezmann for a year and sell him to barcelona :blink:

https://theshedender.com/2017/12/tabloid-talk/chelsea-could-sign-world-star-for-88-6m-only-to-sell-him-after-a-year/

Crazy. Even crazier is why anybody would publish that on their website 😂😂 not even we are that stupid to do such a move

4 hours ago, the wes said:

strange rumour according to this link we going to sign Antoine Griezmann for a year and sell him to barcelona :blink:

https://theshedender.com/2017/12/tabloid-talk/chelsea-could-sign-world-star-for-88-6m-only-to-sell-him-after-a-year/

There is better chance of us buying Griezmann for a year and then loaning him out to Vitesse than selling him to barcelona :D

We will probably never know just who was responsible for some of our latest acquisitions but unless a manager picks who is bought then that player will need to really impress him to get regular playing time. And onviously we have lads like Bats,Bakayako,Zap who I started out thinking might all be ok seems to be just that at best.

IMHO we need Bats,Bakayoko,Alonso,RAM upgrades if we intend to make any sort of impression in the league and Europe.