test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Also a great addition to the squad!

Well we already got a murdered so I guess a rapist would fit in just fine

Vesper likes this

On 14/03/2019 at 4:02 PM, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

I think Chelsea needs to be creative. Try to find players that you can see are already good and can develop under the right system but still are not considered world class so will be not so expensive. Like Salah and Mane when Liverpool signed them. A lot of people were saying they were not good enough. Even in Liverpool forums.

There are players like Kieran Tierney full back from Celtic that i belive can be a top player. I know people will say hahaha its the Scotish league but that is exactly my point.

Also Chelsea needs to fix the strategy in South America. For example Barcelona signed Arthur for $30 millions. It would be amazing Kante-Arthur in midfield. Porto signed Eder Militao for €7 millions few months ago. Now they sold him for €50 millions. Once the players are already in europe they become suddenly expensive even if they are playing exactly with same level. Also you always see italian clubs picking some of the best argentinian prospects and they are not paying big money.

I suspect that every top club in Europe had Arthur on their radar. Barca's advantages over us are insurmountable in such cases. I'm just glad City didn't get him, as I had feared that they might.

We have tried in the South American market, but we've failed for a number of reasons. Robhino and Neymar are examples of players we've worked hard to sign but who were already coveted by teams higher up the food chain and so we lost out. (Not that I was keen on us signing Robinho from Real. I argued against it in many comments on the grounds that if he was worth the investment, a top club wouldn't be selling him in the first place.)

I think such experiences have taught us to be speculative in trying to spot gems before the more attractive clubs do. That's fine in theory, but it's tough in practice. All top sides scout at least as widely as we do so we've had to fish in deeper and deeper water. This has made us overly speculative and our judgement seems to have been put aside. We seem to have decided to just roll the dice instead of targeting only those with genuine top level prospects. The first time I saw highlights of Wallace and Kennedy I knew, and posted to say, that they were not good enough. If their flaws are so obvious, how did they end up on our books?

We Appear to have been beguiled by the flashy, and not paid enough attention to the whole of a player's game. It's an immature approach, and is one of the factors which has led me to speculate that Arkaidy had been 'cutting his teeth' in the transfer market. If that is so, then he has built up some experience which will be valuable going forward.

Our chuck it at the wall, see if it sticks approach has damaged our standing in the transfer market but the policy you've outlined remains the rightly one if applied correctly. Many have bought in to it and @Vesper takes it to the next level by going beyond proposing the idea, and actually naming the potential targets,

Vesper likes this

On 14/03/2019 at 4:02 PM, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

I think Chelsea needs to be creative. Try to find players that you can see are already good and can develop under the right system but still are not considered world class so will be not so expensive. Like Salah and Mane when Liverpool signed them. A lot of people were saying they were not good enough. Even in Liverpool forums.

There are players like Kieran Tierney full back from Celtic that i belive can be a top player. I know people will say hahaha its the Scotish league but that is exactly my point.

Also Chelsea needs to fix the strategy in South America. For example Barcelona signed Arthur for $30 millions. It would be amazing Kante-Arthur in midfield. Porto signed Eder Militao for €7 millions few months ago. Now they sold him for €50 millions. Once the players are already in europe they become suddenly expensive even if they are playing exactly with same level. Also you always see italian clubs picking some of the best argentinian prospects and they are not paying big money.

I agree, unfortunately it's becoming a much harder art form because even average players nowadays are commanding huge transfer fees from everywhere. I would expect Celtic would still demand in excess of £20m because they know the current market can command this.

The South American market was something I felt quite strongly about years ago when we were paying huge money for the likes of Ramires and David Luiz only a season or so after they had some over to Europe from Brazil and felt we could be saving millions if we had identified these players sooner. The only player I can think of who we successfully took in that way was Alex. Work permits, whilst not insurmountable, probably help deter from the attractiveness of this strategy but also I don't think the quality in South America is currently as good as it has been over the years. Brazil and Argentina in particular just aren't that great at present.

I still believe our most important strategy with regards to squad re-building at present should be to integrate some of our young players. Loftus-Cheek should have been given the opportunity instead of buying Drinkwater. Reece James should be given the opportunity to replace Zappacosta in the squad next season. We shouldn't look to buy to replace Hazard, we should give Hudson-Odoi the opportunity. Same with Christensen over Luiz.

There should be a strategy in place where gaps in the squad are filled by academy players. They won't be expected to start immediately but they'll be blooded over a season or two with increasing exposure to the first team, trusted to fill in when required, and hopefully develop to challenge for a first team spot or if not they are settled as a good valued squad player. This will save millions being squandered on average players who we hope might turn good, but the majority of time won't like the Drinkwaters and Zappacostas and allow us potentially to focus on just a couple of key areas each season to improve the first team quality, which would allow us to compete more at the higher end of the market because our transfer budget doesn't need stretching out so much.

Vesper likes this

De Ligt is nothing but a dream. Aside the fact we have no chance luring him away against Barca, take a look at who his agent is. 

From what is possible, 

Alessio Romagnoli - I think if we offer the right amount, Milan wouldn't be able to reject. He's also earning only a reported 70Kpw. Something we can definitely improve on. 

Ferland Mendy - Same as Alessio

Wan Bissaka - We have a great relationship with Palace. I'm sure we could work up a deal with Batshuayi included

Fernandes/Sarabia/Fekir - Anyone is entirely possible if we offer the right amount. Preferably Sarabia given his versatility and price. 

Pepe - Mandatory. Only reasonable replacement for Hazard. 

Those 5 signings will improve us immensely. 

Higuain

CHO---------------Pepe

Sarabia---Kante

Jorginho

Mendy---Romagnoli(C)----Rudiger----W.Bissaka

Kepa 

Bayern now following Liverpool's example in how much a top Centre back should cost. 80 million for Hernandez. 

Jesus wept this market is fucked. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Bayern now following Liverpool's example in how much a top Centre back should cost. 80 million for Hernandez. 

Jesus wept this market is fucked. 

+a badly injured one who is way too short for a top cb these days. Our board would  have been crucified on here  for this deal

Hernandez for 80 million. Holy fuck. I wonder how much Christensen is worth in this market.

Barca are getting themselves a bargain with that 80 million bid for De Ligt

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Hernandez for 80 million. Holy fuck. I wonder how much Christensen is worth in this market.

Barca are getting themselves a bargain with that 80 million bid for De Ligt

Considering Hernandez has looked very good for Atletico Madrid and was so consistent and mature in terms of his performances (along with Benjamin Pavard on the opposite side) for France when they won the world cup (his first international tournament as well I think?)

I dont think 80m euros is that unrealistic considering he is 22, has experience of playing for Atletico in the CL and France, still has to come to his best years but hes quite complete in regard to that hes grown physically, is good technical and more importantly versatile.

Christensen isnt even on the same page as Hernandez for me unfortunately in regards to his ceiling. Good talent Andreas but hasnt quite gone too well for him this season with less minutes.

Barcelona set asking price for Man Utd and Arsenal target Samuel Umtiti 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/768596/Barcelona-transfer-news-Man-Utd-Arsenal-Samuel-Umtiti

If this is to be believed, only bloody £60m, grrrrrrrrr, as they want to sell (stupidly I think, tey have so much other lesser players to dump) to fund the de Ligt buy

He is a top 5-8 in world CB when healthy, he arguably was better than Varane at the WC and was dominant for Barca before he got hurt

£60m is a STEAL, as he is only just 25 (turned it 4 months ago)

Even worse, Arse and Manure are also going for Alaba, who wants to come to the EPL

surely we could have (if the CHO nightmare happens) worked something out in terms of a swap plus cash

the bans fuck us on making a play for either:rant:

if Manure grab both,(I still think they go for Varane or Koulibaly) that is massively bad news for us, and Arse grabbing one or both is also shit

Good player but no wonder Barcelona is willing to get rid of him. Lenglet is better and they are on the verge to sign De Ligt, obviously a step forward.

Would be a good signing to MU though, Umtiti is better than Lindelöf, Rojo, Bailly or Jones.

5 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Good player but no wonder Barcelona is willing to get rid of him. Lenglet is better and they are on the verge to sign De Ligt, obviously a step forward.

Would be a good signing to MU though, Umtiti is better than Lindelöf, Rojo, Bailly or Jones.

You honestly would take Clément Lenglet over Umtiti??

Hell no for me. Lenglet cant even get a sniff of a cap when Umtiti is healthy, and even with him out still has none.

Aymeric Laporte, well them maybe (due to his insane passing skills, but Umtiti is also great on the ball too), but no way would I rate Lenglet over Umtiti atm. He is a beast when healthy, the WC is but one example. Lenglet has gotten lit up in multiple games I have seen Barca play. Sure, he is a really good player, but has miles to go to be a top 5 or 7 CB (or higher) that Umtiti is atm.

I also think that £60m supposed price is nowhere near what Barca will demand. His release clause is 500m euros

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

You honestly would take Clément Lenglet over Umtiti??

Yeah, in a heartbeat. He is cooler, more elegant, I firmly believe that him and De Ligt will be magic together in two years or so.

I don't say Umtiti is shit, he is a good player, especially next to someone like Pique, but I always thought he is a bit overrated.

Vesper likes this

11 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Yeah, in a heartbeat. He is cooler, more elegant, I firmly believe that him and De Ligt will be magic together in two years or so.

I don't say Umtiti is shit, he is a good player, especially next to someone like Pique, but I always thought he is a bit overrated.

I guess we will find out.

Give me a 4 2 3 1 

Koulibaly and Umtiti at CB with Rudiger as a 3rd or/B/U

LB Lucas Hernandez (CB too) < weee fucking blew that thsi past summer and in January, they would have for sure taken Alonso as makeweight

RB Wan-Bissaka

DMF Kante

CMF Saul (Barella as rotation as Saul and he can play all 3 MF positions)

No 10 Bruno Fernandes

LW  Lozano/CHO

RW Pepe/Pulisic

CJ Jovic and Piatek

ALL of which are (or were) for sale this coming summer (or we have them already OR were, in Piatek's and Lucas case, available for cheap this January, 2 months ago)

and

sack the fraud old smoker and get 

a great coach like Allegri or Joachim Löw or someone else

we would be in treble mix for years (obviously a seasonal tweak or two)

that's around £620m cost, and I have shown how we turned down £620m in hard offers

I am nothing if not consistent, lolol

I did toss Umtiti in as new seeing as he was the topic and looks like he will be available

39 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

IF Mbappe doesnt leave PSG this summer

IF I was Barca

bingo

scupper Real

I am sure they will sort out (mainly striker and CB and revamp at MF) their other mini issues

toss Mbappe into that mix in 2020

holy fuck

weirdest thing is Coutinho struggling so much

last year I said Dembele would settle in thsi year

and he has

I understand they need to sell some players to raise funds, but wow, one would think they can get him to come good, he is an insane talent and they are the most open team in the most open league, you would think he would be running riot

The only other AMF better than him in theory is De Bruyne (eventually Kai Havertz but not there yet)

massive fall-off from there, yet he struggles

oh well, as long as Barca keeps smashing up on the Real cunts, I am good

Bit premature given Umtiti has been injured for a period of time. 

Umtiti, along with VVD, are the two best centre backs on the planet in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The only other AMF better than him in theory is De Bruyne (eventually Kai Havertz but not there yet)

Havertz seem to be Bayern-bound. They will have a busy summer for sure. Already got Lucas and Pavard, they are nearing to Havertz and probably haven't given up on Hudson-Odoi yet. Also, it's official that Robben, Ribéry and Rafinha are leaving. Should have happened years ago, they overslept.

You mentioned Jovic, that could happen, his agent is Pini Zahavi, Israeli friend of Abramovich, key man in some scandal Premier League signings.

Vesper likes this

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Bit premature given Umtiti has been injured for a period of time. 

Umtiti, along with VVD, are the two best centre backs on the planet in my opinion. 

I go

Koulibaly

VVD (I feel the hate now, lol)

Umtiti (if healthy)

Varane (I think he just got caught in a systemic collapse at RM and will rebound huge)

De Ligt

Laporte

Lucas Hernandez (2nd best LB on planet as well)

Skriniar

José Giménez

Marquinhos

Alessio Romagnoli

Stones (surprised how good he is finally becoming, I always was a big doubter)

Éder Militão

lots of wiggle room in there

heh always thought stones was going to become a great player: technique was always there and his poor decision making was normal for age

I'm really not a fan of Coutinho as a footballer. He's got great technique in specific areas, and not so good in others. He's like the polar opposite of Eden as characteristics goes for an attacking mid... he's also super fragile which is a bigger problem in tough matches.

Vesper likes this

2 hours ago, Robchels said:

heh always thought stones was going to become a great player:

He pretty much did. He's been excellent lately, improved a lot under Guardiola and still only 24. He can be one of the best CB's in the world for the next couple of years.

Robchels and Vesper like this