test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

https://foreverwestham.com/2019/01/blog-topics/gomez-unsure-of-west-ham-move/

Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez is unsure that a transfer to West Ham this month is the best move for him at the moment, according to Faro de Vigo

The local newspaper report that the 22-year-old is yet to be fully convinced by the prospect of a move to the London Stadium amid heavy speculation that the Hammers are ready to pay his £45million release clause.

Faro de Vigo claim that West Ham have not made another offer for their prime target since seeing an initial bid rejected by the La Liga club, who are demanding his release clause in full, with talks having slowed between the two parties.

OPINION

West Ham have been heavily linked with a move for Gomez over the past week or so, and as the deadline got closer it looked more and more likely that they would make a swoop. However, this local source seems to pour cold water on that suggestion, with it looking as though there are more obstacles to the move than first thought. Gomez’s desires were never really mentioned among all the speculation, and it actually looks as though the Uruguay international is not as keen on a move to West Ham as expected. Gomez has been at Vigo for two seasons now, and likely wants to help the club climb out of the relegation battle they currently find themselves in. You would think that a move away is likely to come in the summer, with a January move now possibly taking a backseat. West Ham don’t have any immediate issues up front with Marko Arnautovic now staying, but with the Austrian likely to leave at the end of the season, you can see why they are keen to wrap up a deal for Gomez now. 

“I want a new challenge” – Man City youngster says he’s set to leave the club, confirms offers

http://sportwitness.co.uk/i-want-new-challenge-man-city-attacker-says-hes-set-leave-club-confirms-offers/

Manchester City youngster Dodi Rasmussen El’Circy has told the Danish media he won’t be renewing his contract with the Premier League champions beyond this summer as he’s looking for a new challenge.

The 15 year old is currently playing for Manchester City’s U18 side but it seems he wants to find a new club in the summer, with the possibility of holding talks with interested parties next month.

Speaking to BT.dk, Rasmussen El’Circy was asked about his future with Manchester City with his contract set to expire: “My contract runs out this summer, and I’m not going to renew it. I want to go to another club because I want a new challenge. I want to try something new and hopefully get first team football.”

The youngster added: “Manchester City tells me that I have a good chance of getting big. I’ve had a lot of offers. Now I just have to choose. I do that in February.”

snip

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Was always under the impression it was Juve or no one else. 

If Allegri goes to Real, Zidane will go to Juve I would guess

I would at that point assume Conte would go to either Inter or Manure (if OGS isnt hired on perm) or maybe Italian National Team again (If Mancini gets whacked)

Maybe Bayern if Kovac gets the sacking

Wild card is Simeone

At some point he either decides he wants the truly monster clubs, or he goes full lifer with AM 

Didier Deschamps will want to try for a back to back WC

Mourinho is weakened badly

who knows what Pochettino will do

same for Joachim Löw

that's every top manager who is not in a position of non-moving I can think of atm

I would LOVE Conte at Inter

Unionjack likes this

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

I would LOVE Conte at Inter

10 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Was always under the impression it was Juve or no one else. 

Might like to see if he could out do Mou!

Dortmund after Ziyech, apparently.

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Mercato-le-borussia-dortmund-pousse-pour-hakim-ziyech/983235

I think he's quality and the kind of attacking midfielder we would be looking for.  But, if we're not buying a back up to Jorginho, there's no way we're bring in Ziyech with Ross, RLC and Kovacic here. 

Clockwork likes this

Lack of rumours, one could not be blamed for thinking maybe the club dont want to sign anyone else, like Matt Law says (even though i think he is just hedging his bets so he is right either way)

But if another midfielder does arrive, my money is on Matias Vecino. No reason to think that, just do

On a side note re Matt Law, has anyone noticed this window that all his stories are reported after they've broken elsewhere first.  Like for example, Matt will release a story saying Chelsea eyeing Barella, and then Pedulla will have an article claiming we are watching Rabiot too, and suddenly then Matt updates his story and adds a bit about Rabiot on.  Quite clear this window and maybe last that he is getting his stories from Twitter

Unionjack and Sideshow Luiz like this

Just calm down please!

First there was a strong link with Paredes and everyone was skeptical about it - is he really a player for Chelsea; is he good enough and so on. Than he signs for PSG and everyone goes mad about our board being stupid for not buying him. I think that our board is starting to learn something from a lot of "bad" transfers in last years. If there is no quality midfielder available in January transfer window than we should just offer those backup minutes to our youngsters (RLC and Ampadu in this case). We don't lack depth in midfield - Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, RLC, Ampadu and even Luiz. Wait for summer and try to bring quality midfielder that will suit Sarri and will actually add something to this squad. 

Same thing about Piatek. Less than one year ago this guy was not even a top scorer in Ekstraklasa and now everyone goes mad about him because he is on fire at the moment? Even for 30M, he IS a gamble, even though he scored 2 on his debut. Remember Batshuayi? Of course you do, he was on fire in Ligue 1, scoring for fun and being one of the best scorers in Ligue 1 (behind Ibra and Cavani I think). Higuain is not a gamble, he is on loan and we can just send him back in the summer and focus on new long term striker. I don't want to be disrespectful but Fabio Quagliarella is currently setting Serie A on fire, so this should tell you enough about this league quality. If we are taking a gamble, I would rather take it on Luka Jović. 

OhForAGreavsie likes this

8 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Just calm down please!

First there was a strong link with Paredes and everyone was skeptical about it - is he really a player for Chelsea; is he good enough and so on. Than he signs for PSG and everyone goes mad about our board being stupid for not buying him. I think that our board is starting to learn something from a lot of "bad" transfers in last years. If there is no quality midfielder available in January transfer window than we should just offer those backup minutes to our youngsters (RLC and Ampadu in this case). We don't lack depth in midfield - Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, RLC, Ampadu and even Luiz. Wait for summer and try to bring quality midfielder that will suit Sarri and will actually add something to this squad. 

Same thing about Piatek. Less than one year ago this guy was not even a top scorer in Ekstraklasa and now everyone goes mad about him because he is on fire at the moment? Even for 30M, he IS a gamble, even though he scored 2 on his debut. Remember Batshuayi? Of course you do, he was on fire in Ligue 1, scoring for fun and being one of the best scorers in Ligue 1 (behind Ibra and Cavani I think). Higuain is not a gamble, he is on loan and we can just send him back in the summer and focus on new long term striker. I don't want to be disrespectful but Fabio Quagliarella is currently setting Serie A on fire, so this should tell you enough about this league quality. If we are taking a gamble, I would rather take it on Luka Jović. 

Yeah...Luka Jovic I would do anything to have him as our long term striker...He is gonna be a beast in Sarriball...two footed,adept technical skills,combative and has very good aerial ability...

Unionjack and jernej93 like this

Martial close to extending his contract with United, we really missed on this one in the summer.

Unionjack likes this

I suspect the papers will be full of rumours tonight, always are day before deadline (from what i remember)

Very strange not to see a single link to us with any midfielder though. Sarri wants one so i thought we'd do it for him, seeing as we got Higuain for him who we wouldnt have any other time imo

Could be a busy day regardless though, Cahill, Drinkwater, Zappacosta all possibly leaving. Think Cahill will go Arsenal or Palace, Drinkwater West Ham or Fulham, Zappa back to Italy 

17 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I suspect the papers will be full of rumours tonight, always are day before deadline (from what i remember)

Very strange not to see a single link to us with any midfielder though. Sarri wants one so i thought we'd do it for him, seeing as we got Higuain for him who we wouldnt have any other time imo

Could be a busy day regardless though, Cahill, Drinkwater, Zappacosta all possibly leaving. Think Cahill will go Arsenal or Palace, Drinkwater West Ham or Fulham, Zappa back to Italy 

Yes, and it wouldn't surprise me if we failed to replace any of them.

Unionjack likes this

42 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Even in yesterday's presser it seemed that Maurizio had not yet given up hope. When asked about this he said something like, the club know my opinion on this and we will have to see what happens. That doesn't sound like a man who knows that there is no possibility of any further incoming transfers. It sounds like a man who thinks there is a chance that something will happen.

43 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Not sure who backs up Dave should Zappa leave so I think that's a potential move we might be wise to avoid.

ChelseaFanUK likes this

3 hours ago, jernej93 said:

Just calm down please!

You surely can't be happy with mediocre?

OK we have a plethora of players in CM but the majority offer us nothing in terms of goals nor assists.

The only reason I'd keep either RLC or Ross on is for HG