Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

8 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Me too. Now I don't understand our January move for him. We wanted to buy him and didn't want him on free?

Because we are not in need of a back up but want a more quality starter now?

53 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Me too. Now I don't understand our January move for him. We wanted to buy him and didn't want him on free?

I don't understand what people see in this very ordinary player. I remember when we were linked back in January that a story was circulated claiming that a move to Bayren had been agreed. My reaction was that I'd believe it when I see it. Well, I don't know if the move to Arsenal is confirmed but if they have signed him then I'm shocked.

Edit: Just checked the Beeb and it's true. Amazed.

3 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't understand what people see in this very ordinary player. I remember when we were linked back in January that a story was circulated claiming that a move to Bayren had been agreed. My reaction was that I'd believe it when I see it. Well, I don't know if the move to Arsenal is confirmed but if they have signed him then I'm shocked.

Yes, it's confirmed. http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170606/sead-kolasinac-to-join-arsenal

I didn't understand too but when I read about Antonio's personal call to Schalke and especially clubs director confirmation I had to do a little research about Kolasinac because even if I watched Schalke couple of times I have never turned my attention to their LB before. He's really solid but is hard to predict if he's going to become a top class player.

I don't believe Antonio just wanted a quick backup for Alonso at any cost. That would mean we would have 2 solid or less LB's for a long time. So Sead is gone, Ricardo Rodriguez's agent said everything is done with AC Milan. Two of our last summer targets gone. 

11 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Yes, it's confirmed. http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170606/sead-kolasinac-to-join-arsenal

I didn't understand too but when I read about Antonio's personal call to Schalke and especially clubs director confirmation I had to do a little research about Kolasinac because even if I watched Schalke couple of times I have never turned my attention to their LB before. He's really solid but is hard to predict if he's going to become a top class player.

I don't believe Antonio just wanted a quick backup for Alonso at any cost. That would mean we would have 2 solid or less LB's for a long time. So Sead is gone, Ricardo Rodriguez's agent said everything is done with AC Milan. Two of our last summer targets gone. 

I don't believe we were interested in Rodriguez. At least I hope not.

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Edit: Just checked the Beeb and it's true. Amazed.

You are shocked because they signed the best left-back in Bundesliga?

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/tots/ Team of the season in BL.

Very daft signing by Arsenal, hes far better than what they already have in that position. Gibbs will move on probably. Anyway, never a type of signing Chelsea would make. We hardly ever get these kinds of deals done.

Summer Transfer Notebook: The definitive shortlist of players Chelsea should be looking at , quite interesting bedtime read , sorry if it has been linked but having problems loading pages on site.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/features/2017/6/1/15723424/summer-transfer-notebook-chelsea

Liverpool might quietly pull off an outstanding window. Linked heavily with VVD, Keïta and Gelson Martins. That would truly be amazing. They still need a GK and LB though. If they manage however, they'll be an immense team next season. 

🗞 Alexis Sanchez will be Manchester City player in the coming days #mercato

I don't believe it personally. However, if that happened after all the talk of him preferring London, it would be a bit bemusing to say the least. If Arsenal won't sell to us, then City is the next option though. 

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

🗞 Alexis Sanchez will be Manchester City player in the coming days #mercato

I don't believe it personally. However, if that happened after all the talk of him preferring London, it would be a bit bemusing to say the least. If Arsenal won't sell to us, then City is the next option though. 

City don't need him too

21 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Kolasinic is a good player but he isn't better than Alonso.

this. He is about the same quality. Stronger and maybe a bit quicker but far worse technical and just as ponderous on the ball. Other than Arsenal I think we have a lot of strong players who are not as good technically, so they can use him much better than we do. Also with Kolasinac not being an upgrade on any of our starters and the loanees returing, we have more than enough cover for both his positions, LWB and CB.

Still I like those old-fashioned combative strong guys who always give it their all on the pitch. Will be a joy to see him in the PL even though in the wrong colours. 

7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Liverpool might quietly pull off an outstanding window. Linked heavily with VVD, Keïta and Gelson Martins. That would truly be amazing. They still need a GK and LB though. If they manage however, they'll be an immense team next season. 

There are rumors of them being interested in Faouzi Ghoulam

striker comparisons

defender comparison CAHILL, VAN DIJK, BONUCCI, LUIZ. CHRISTENSEN

DM comparison BAKAYOKO, POGBA, KONDOGBIA, MATIC, KANTE  

LB/LWB comparison MARCOS ALONSO, BABA RAHMAN, GHOULAM, ALEX SANDRO, MENDY

RB/RWB comparison MOSES, DANI ALVES, ADAMA, AZPILI, CONTI

midfield comparison KANTE, NAINGGOLAN, TOLISSON, VERRATTI, KEITA

These are comparison of players we have been linked to over the season and the players we already have.

Players we have also loaned and are expectedto return to the first team are also involved.

Can give us a fair idea of what chelsea should be looking for.