Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

12 hours ago, manpe said:

What makes him better?

Marcos is pretty competent in almost every area of the game, proper all rounder, maybe quite weak defensively but he's improved as the season has progressed. He's better in almost every area of the game than him though. I think the only real thing Marcos has over him is his height. Emerson is having a breakout season at Roma, proper complete full back. Doesn't have a real weakness. A lot of Roma's attacks go through him on the left, but he's also quite strong defensively.

If we compare him and Alonso statistically he blows him out of the water:

IMG_0204.PNGIMG_0205.PNGIMG_0206.PNG

Some maps comparing him to some PL LBs/LWB. 

He'd be a very smart, Azpilicueta-like signing I think. Still hasn't his prime yet either so is also going to get better. 

Edit:

@manpe I forgot to actually add the images. Also added images of left backs with similar profiles to him. 

Edited by The Skipper
Pics

I know we need 4 or 5 upgrades with a bit of luck to run riot in Europe but another problem we have is our severe lack of Homegrown players!

And with JT and maybe others leaving or going out on loan it will be even worse.

What we have been doing is putting in under 21s to help that out but they dont help the team any as they dont get used.

I know theres a lack of top HG players but its something that we have to look at.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I know we need 4 or 5 upgrades with a bit of luck to run riot in Europe but another problem we have is our severe lack of Homegrown players!

And with JT and maybe others leaving or going out on loan it will be even worse.

What we have been doing is putting in under 21s to help that out but they dont help the team any as they dont get used.

I know theres a lack of top HG players but its something that we have to look at.

Some seem to think Christensen and Baker will return next season. If Chalobah and RLC stay we will have: Christensen, Baker, Cahill, Chalobah, Musonda (???), Loftus-Cheek, Aké, Moses and Fabregas.
Not forgetting Aina. I just feel he is going on loan.

14 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Some seem to think Christensen and Baker will return next season. If Chalobah and RLC stay we will have: Christensen, Baker, Cahill, Chalobah, Musonda (???), Loftus-Cheek, Aké, Moses and Fabregas.

The problem is not amount of HG players but amount of non-HG players :)

1 minute ago, Yeboii said:

Thats what I mean. We are filling up with players that we shouldn't be considering if we are serious about Europe.

I'd keep Chalobah (even tho we will be bringing another in and probably still be keeping Matic,Cescy,N'Golo too. Id keep Christensen if he had a good pre season and looked like a good enough backup but I'd still buy a Cahill upgrade. This of course depends if Christensen would take a benching - I doubt it.. Not sure about Charly. If he cant make a go of it at a place like Real Betis how will he manage here?? And I'd send RLC out on loan where he shoulda been this season. Ake will be either sold or back on loan to Bournemouth

Just now, Yeboii said:

You mean in the first XI?

Nope, in the 25 players squad - you can have only 17 nonHG players (over U21 age).

Currently we have 13 nonHG players. If Begovic leaves and we will not replace him with HG GK we will have 14 nonHG players - that will leave only 3 spots open

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3088889/transfer-talk-chelsea-determined-to-keep-hazard-courtois-from-leaving-for-real-madrid

@@BoyBlue96 Real can fuck off for all i care, they think they have a divine right to sign all the top players in the world and that all teams should bow down to them.

On 23/03/2017 at 7:58 PM, The Skipper said:

Marcos is pretty competent in almost every area of the game, proper all rounder, maybe quite weak defensively but he's improved as the season has progressed. He's better in almost every area of the game than him though. I think the only real thing Marcos has over him is his height. Emerson is having a breakout season at Roma, proper complete full back. Doesn't have a real weakness. A lot of Roma's attacks go through him on the left, but he's also quite strong defensively.

If we compare him and Alonso statistically he blows him out of the water:

IMG_0204.PNGIMG_0205.PNGIMG_0206.PNG

Some maps comparing him to some PL LBs/LWB. 

He'd be a very smart, Azpilicueta-like signing I think. Still hasn't his prime yet either so is also going to get better. 

Edit:

@manpe I forgot to actually add the images. Also added images of left backs with similar profiles to him. 

I must admit, I didnt realy know him except for a fact he was some guy that replaced Digne in Roma, until a week ago when we were linked.

But he is getting lot of positive talk from everywhere now that I checked a bit more. Might aswell as you say be a hidden gem. 

Since he is already playing as wingback in serie a, Conte interest is probably true. 

From what I heard he is quite attacking dribbling type of FB and with Semedo on other side, we would be more than creative enough in attack even if we have Kante Bakayoko midfield. Add a good scoring RW and this team gets serious boost.

Our first 11 would be good for years. Tibo, Azpi, Kante, Bakayoko, Semedo, Emerson/Marcos, Eden. Only Costa and possibly RW would be older, while Luiz and Cahill have perfect replacements in Christensen and Zouma already in the club.

Probably the only black spot of such team would be no english players, but I have accepted the situation. As much I would kill to have more english players, better to have good foreigners than average englishmen. English players werent so poor in ages. Barkley, Ox, Ward Prowse, Bertrand, Keane, Gibson and thats about it who we can buy. They are absolutely nothing special (maybe Ox could do well) and I realy would prefer us giving chance to at least Baker, Aina, Tammy. I hope the club wont fuck up and pay ridiculous amount of cash for Barkley, when we have Baker. 

On 24/03/2017 at 2:56 PM, Unionjack said:

We have to replace Begovic with HG keeper. We need to bring back Baker. And we need to promote one or two youngsters, possibly more if Aina, Nate and Ruben all leave on loan. I would keep Cesc as backup for another year. 

Tbh as shit english players are atm, we should take this on positive note and promote OUR own youth more.

The only english player I would consider atm is Oxclade Chamberlain and use him as some kind of utility player, since he is decent on wings and good in middle. We need depth anyway.

If we get top RW I can see one of Pedro/Willy leave and that will leave us short. Ox would be nearly perfect for such role.

43 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

We have to replace Begovic with HG keeper. We need to bring back Baker. And we need to promote one or two youngsters, possibly more if Aina, Nate and Ruben all leave on loan. I would keep Cesc as backup for another year. 

Tbh as shit english players are atm, we should take this on positive note and promote OUR own youth more.

The only english player I would consider atm is Oxclade Chamberlain and use him as some kind of utility player, since he is decent on wings and good in middle. We need depth anyway.

If we get top RW I can see one of Pedro/Willy leave and that will leave us short. Ox would be nearly perfect for such role.

Dont rate Ox at all. We really dont need much, 4 signings tops.

But they have to be high quality signings. Christensen is coming back definitely, and he is a very good player with plenty of room for improvement, so ideally he would be our CB signing.

Bernardo silva is the obvious candidate for the RW, and the one i want the most.

We need an upgrade on both fullback positions, Nelson semedo and Benjamin Mendy fit the profile of players i want.

Midfield is a bit trickier, because im certain that PSG wont sell Verratti and im not that big on Bakayoko, but he looks like the one we are gonna get, so he will have to do. But ideally, i would want Naby Keita.

so thats 4 signings and a returning loanee, quite doable i would say

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I agree. I think the Ox is worthy of consideration in his own right but throw in the HG status and he's an option which makes a load of sense.

1 hour ago, lucashm said:

Dont rate Ox at all.

I believe if Conte worked his magic on xo he would turn out to be a good player look at the fine work conte did with Luiz and moses I think ox career has stall a bit under wenger and I think conte would make him a better player he would be useful player to have in the squad 

49 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If anyone does think such magical transformations are  possible, then how would they explain why Antonio has not waved his magic wand over Nate, or Michy, or Kennedy, or Charley, or Nat or Ruben? The truth is that there is no magic so neither David nor Victor is genuinely better than they were before. All that has happened is that Antonio is playing them in roles which suit their abilities and, which allow them to be effective.

If that wand did exist I could really use it right now.

But youre dead right. What I do think the Don has is an eye for being able to put a team together. Whether its putting round pegs in square holes or just able to see combinations of players. This is a type of magic alot of managers wish they had I'm sure.

It would be great if he had in his box of tricks the ability to make  all players to fit into his systems, specially a few of those you named,  but alas maybe some tricks need more time to develop and some tricks not even David Blaine con do.

Billy Gilmour set for £500k Chelsea move?

Reports this morning suggest that 15-year-old midfielder Billy Gilmour has agreed to a move to Chelsea for a fee believed to be around £500k. The youngster, who has been a standout for the U20s side this season is tipped for the very top and many Rangers fans had hoped he would pledge his future to Rangers ahead of his sixteenth birthday in June.

http://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2017/3/27/15071072/billy-gilmour-set-for-500k-chelsea-move

On 27/03/2017 at 0:49 PM, Unionjack said:

Billy Gilmour set for £500k Chelsea move?

Reports this morning suggest that 15-year-old midfielder Billy Gilmour has agreed to a move to Chelsea for a fee believed to be around £500k. The youngster, who has been a standout for the U20s side this season is tipped for the very top and many Rangers fans had hoped he would pledge his future to Rangers ahead of his sixteenth birthday in June.

http://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2017/3/27/15071072/billy-gilmour-set-for-500k-chelsea-move

Nothing special there at all. No special touch, no exceptional balance, no outstanding body control, not even any particular pace. Just a fairly ordinary lad getting away with some awkward looking moves because of the level he is playing at.

If people want to see lads exhibiting genuinely exceptional talent at youth level they should check out Phil Foden or Brahim Diaz at Man City. People would also see many better players than Gilmour if they watched our youth team.