test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

9 hours ago, DDA said:

Bale is a fantastic player. He was tearing the Prem up before he left, imagine what he would do now.

Tearing his muscles? :D

----------------------------------------------

I was thinking a bit - why would Real Madrid go for Eden Hazard and not Paulo Dybala? Eden is for sure more expensive, three years older, he is established player who played biggest part in winning two Premier Leagues. He is for sure more settled in London than Paulo is at Turin. And they always had great relationship with Juve (Zidane, for example).

Dybala to Real would be just like Coutinho to Barcelona, for cca 150 mils Real for sure could get him.

Sanchez to City rumors heating up. It would actually be funny if it weren't so sad that the team miles in front of everyone is after a player like him while we're linked with Andy bloody Carroll. 😂

I mean really, does Sanchez improve City in any quantifiable way? They're already unstoppable going forward and have loads of depth in attack. As with Liverpool replacing Coutinho, I'm not even bothered by the fact that Liverpool/City are adding another quality attacking option, it's the fact that we don't even try to aim that high.

We're now a club that seems okay with buying mediocre players. City, PSG, Barca, Real Madrid, and United shop at the upscale designer stores whilst we buy from the thrift shop. The only way we splurge a big sum on a player is if we sell someone for an equal amount. That's just not going to be enough to compete with the club's I mentioned going forward. And that's not even mentioning clubs like Bayern or Juventus who don't even need to spend big money because they just scoop up top talents at the ends of their contracts for peanuts.

Look at our last 25 signings: Pato, Pedro, Amelia, Baba Rahman, Begovic, Kenedy, Falcao, Hector, Miazga, Nathan, Djiloboji, Pantic, Cuadrado, Kante, Luiz, Alonso, Batshuayi, Eduardo, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Rudiger, Morata, Caballero, Barkley.

17 hours ago, Unionjack said:

But we need the scouts to look at the players like that.

But tell me just what our supporters would say if we started buying a load of £10m players? The interweb would burn. Everyone would be screaming for blood saying why arent we buying £100m players.

I'm a bit like that too but I also realise theres cheap talent available too. Its getting the riht ballance and guy for the job. Just look how peeps dont like Rossy. Classy player dirt cheap. A risk buying any player no matter if £10m or £100m.

The right balance is the most important thing and it's something the club hasn't done well at times but will be forced to do in my opinion. Particularly if they're working to a stricter budget nowadays because otherwise they'll never buy compete at the top end for players.

I agree with you and the consensus that solely buying cheaper talent will over time make us weaker. It's far more satisfying getting good value from a signing, but we also still need some of the league's best players amongst our ranks too and unless we do get lucky with players like Courtois and Azpi developing into that bracket, we'll have to go and buy players at this level and be forced at times to pay the market rate for this level.

I'm not expecting the club to bring through all their young players and I understand it's hard to get a couple through let alone a conveyor belt (and that's not just Chelsea amongst the top teams). However, there are younger players at the club or who we've had in the past that should be given the opportunity to become proper squad members. When I say proper squad members I don't mean the fifth or sixth choice defender or midfielder but perhaps the fourth choice. It gives them the opportunity to play cup games, against weaker teams when the squad is being rotated and also the possible chance to play in big games when there are suspensions and injuries. This is exactly how Christensen was able to take his chance. If we had brought another defender in the summer, he would never have had those chances this season and probably been on his way out this month.

Loftus-Cheek is another example. He's been kept at the club the last two seasons and barely played. He could have gone out on loan for the past two seasons and returned this summer as a midfield option which would have meant we wouldn't have needed to buy one of Drinkwater or Bakayoko. Coming in after a couple of years on loan as a more polished, experienced player is no different to a new signing, freshening the team up and keeping players on their toes.

Courtois and Christensen aren't the norm. Courtois is, and Christensen can become world class players. I'm not expecting lots of players like this, but surely given the success of our academies we can find a couple of new squad players from it every couple of seasons, that with time and confidence can perhaps grow into bigger roles (take Lingard currently at United). If we adopted a policy like this then a couple of squad player replacements to freshen up the squad could come from within each summer, allowing us to focus on a couple of starting XI improvements rather than spreading our budget out over 4 - 5 good but not great players. And when good deals come up, such as the one with Barkley because his contract is winding down, we take advantage of these too if they represent good value.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Sanchez to City rumors heating up. It would actually be funny if it weren't so sad that the team miles in front of everyone is after a player like him while we're linked with Andy bloody Carroll. 😂

I mean really, does Sanchez improve City in any quantifiable way? They're already unstoppable going forward and have loads of depth in attack. As with Liverpool replacing Coutinho, I'm not even bothered by the fact that Liverpool/City are adding another quality attacking option, it's the fact that we don't even try to aim that high.

We're now a club that seems okay with buying mediocre players. City, PSG, Barca, Real Madrid, and United shop at the upscale designer stores whilst we buy from the thrift shop. The only way we splurge a big sum on a player is if we sell someone for an equal amount. That's just not going to be enough to compete with the club's I mentioned going forward. And that's not even mentioning clubs like Bayern or Juventus who don't even need to spend big money because they just scoop up top talents at the ends of their contracts for peanuts.

As many have said on here; spending big doesn't automatically mean you're getting value regardless of the current market. We need to follow the last two clubs you mentioned (Barkley deal being a good move), as we are no longer willing to spend big unless money's coming to us beforehand.

11 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Ladies and gentlemen 

Sanchez to city deal done ✅ (di marzio) 

Yeah feck you City and feck you board.

9 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Sane, D.Silva, B.Silva, Gundogan, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero, Jesus, Sanchez....

Sane cant be happy with this.

He's just been downgraded to B.Silva status with this move. B.Silva even further down the pecking order now too.

Our board will sleep n try to find cheap deals in the market

When we hav to compete with the likes of city n barca, we should be signing players like sanchez and mahrez

We as a competitive pl team are done i guess

Hazard n tibo shud leave for their own sake n so shud conte

No a good time being a blues fan but then again happy we aint as broken as arsenal

Sane, D.Silva, B.Silva, Gundogan, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero, Jesus, Sanchez....

City now got 9 attacking minded technical players and each one of them would walk straight into our starting XI

Almost anyone would walk into RWF at this point.

Would any of them replace Hazard?

I'd say no

If we had any ambition we would upgrade Moses and Alonso with Lemar and Sandro but of course we won't do that.

9 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Sane cant be happy with this.

He's just been downgraded to B.Silva status with this move. B.Silva even further down the pecking order now too.

Might be worth putting a bid on B.Silva in the summer then, or nobody wants him anymore? Meanwhile Arsenal continue being a feeder club to City. :lol:

We are rich, but we aren’t stupid. We went trough the fase of spending ridiculous amounts. The market is crazy these days, we can build a new stadium for the price of 1 superstar. In my opinion the board is trying to go trough the new stadium fase without repeating arsenals mistakes. We have the perfect manager. He is a warrior, our players really try with a few exceptions. That is what every sensible football fan wants - the 11 on the field to play as a team and to give 100% until the last whistle. On our day we can beat everyone and i would never use the word averege for our squad!

eemanyooel likes this

IHEANACHO AVAILIABLE?

Kelechi Iheanacho could be on his way out of Leicester City despite only signing in August.

Claude Puel has admitted he has too many strikers at the club and we've been told Leicester are willing to listen to offers for Iheanacho, Leonardo Ulloa and Ahmed Musa.

Bring him in loan i say!

1 hour ago, lluubbeenn said:

We are rich, but we aren’t stupid. We went trough the fase of spending ridiculous amounts. The market is crazy these days, we can build a new stadium for the price of 1 superstar. In my opinion the board is trying to go trough the new stadium fase without repeating arsenals mistakes. We have the perfect manager. He is a warrior, our players really try with a few exceptions. That is what every sensible football fan wants - the 11 on the field to play as a team and to give 100% until the last whistle. On our day we can beat everyone and i would never use the word averege for our squad!

Who sent you? Was it Marina or Roman himself??