test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

i prefer to pay 40 mil for a great player as bonucci than 40 mil for young bet like bats 

Even tho hes on a 1 year contract and on his last legs with no resale value UNLESS its China?  I'm all for paying whatever for good skills and really did want Bonucci for ages but now I'm really in 2 minds.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Even tho hes on a 1 year contract and on his last legs with no resale value UNLESS its China?  I'm all for paying whatever for good skills and really did want Bonucci for ages but now I'm really in 2 minds.

frankly this is an abram's problem, from my point of view bonucci would improve a lot 

the construction of game and mentality of squad 

good players make difference now, good bets make difference tomorrow (maybe)

Unionjack likes this

2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

frankly this is an abram's problem, from my point of view bonucci would improve a lot 

the construction of game and mentality of squad 

good players make difference now, good bets make difference tomorrow (maybe)

Yeah I agree. And we could run him flat out for a couple of years no problem. Him Andras and Dave would work and give good cover for hoever is LWB.

Whats he been ike lately tho?

14 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah I agree. And we could run him flat out for a couple of years no problem. Him Andras and Dave would work and give good cover for hoever is LWB.

Whats he been ike lately tho?

sorry i don't understand the last sentence :ph34r::Goober:

17 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

bonucci would improve a lot 

38 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

sorry i don't understand the last sentence :ph34r::Goober:

What has Bonucci been like lately? Ive not watched much football this season.

On 12/25/2017 at 4:46 AM, Belgiannutt said:

2 wingers for the wingback positions. Yes that's not a typo, wingers. Not fullbacks, not wingbacks, wingers. We need players who have the ability to hurt the opposition in the wide areas. Who thrive on 1on1 situations.

Understand your reasoning, but we need quality to be able to switch to 4 at the back. Can't do that with wingers or Alonso. I feel this 3 CB system is starting to hold us back in certain games where we need more bodies and movement up front. Playing 3 CBs and 2-3 CMs all the time, even against bus parking minnows, seems awfully counterproductive often times. It puts too much offensive responsiblity on only two or three players going up against 6-9 defenders. Then when we can't break through, those 3 CBs just start passing the ball among each other with all the space in the world because opposition is not interested in regaining the ball, they are happy to drop deep and mark the forwards out of the game so they can't receive the ball in dangerous positions. When the ball finally goes upfield, often the receiver doesn't have enough support and has no choice but to play back again and the purposeless side-to-side passing below half-way line begins all over.

Anyway, this is why I would prefer our new LWB to be more of a LB than a LW. Somebody who is dangerous and quick going forward but also solid enough to play in a 4 defender system. We have a winger in Moses playing on one side already, and when we need to go 4 at the back we have a monster defender in Azpi to slot in there, while the more offensive minded full-back on the other side can bomb forward relentlessly. I really really want us to start using variations of 4-3-3 or even 4-4-2 at some point for us to become less predictable and more dangerous going forward when needed.

How I miss Ash...

Jason, kellzfresh, Amblève. and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

What has Bonucci been like lately? Ive not watched much football this season.

...ah ok!!     ( my english is bad i know :D)

he is living a difficult season, but with conte... no problem, chelsea would take a great player 

3 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

( my english is bad i know :D)

Mate = MY English is bad and I text like I talk ;)

I'll do some digging and check out what he's been upto this year.

This thread stays kind of dead so we can let this gem fly - watch Gintama's episode 151 arc, which lasts a couple episodes. It will generally transfer (now we're on topic) laughs into your stomach.

Liverpool is signing and Marina is sleeping .
They've overpaid for a want-away player. Not exactly a masterstroke.
the wes likes this

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
58 minutes ago, DRESCFC said:
Liverpool is signing and Marina is sleeping .

They've overpaid for a want-away player. Not exactly a masterstroke.

Anyway , they are sign fast .

Anyway , they are sign fast .
They signed Keita a year in advance. You're likely to get players that way if you pay whatever.
Unionjack likes this

50 minutes ago, Leif said:

This thread stays kind of dead so we can let this gem fly - watch Gintama's episode 151 arc, which lasts a couple episodes. It will generally transfer (now we're on topic) laughs into your stomach.

Any Anime that go past 26 episodes are usually bad.

10 hours ago, manpe said:

Understand your reasoning, but we need quality to be able to switch to 4 at the back. Can't do that with wingers or Alonso. I feel this 3 CB system is starting to hold us back in certain games where we need more bodies and movement up front. Playing 3 CBs and 2-3 CMs all the time, even against bus parking minnows, seems awfully counterproductive often times. It puts too much offensive responsiblity on only two or three players going up against 6-9 defenders. Then when we can't break through, those 3 CBs just start passing the ball among each other with all the space in the world because opposition is not interested in regaining the ball, they are happy to drop deep and mark the forwards out of the game so they can't receive the ball in dangerous positions. When the ball finally goes upfield, often the receiver doesn't have enough support and has no choice but to play back again and the purposeless side-to-side passing below half-way line begins all over.

Anyway, this is why I would prefer our new LWB to be more of a LB than a LW. Somebody who is dangerous and quick going forward but also solid enough to play in a 4 defender system. We have a winger in Moses playing on one side already, and when we need to go 4 at the back we have a monster defender in Azpi to slot in there, while the more offensive minded full-back on the other side can bomb forward relentlessly. I really really want us to start using variations of 4-3-3 or even 4-4-2 at some point for us to become less predictable and more dangerous going forward when needed.

How I miss Ash...

Being able to switch to a back 4 would be nice but even if we switch to a 4 Conte isn't suddenly going to change into an ultra attacking manager.

With a back four only 1 of the fullbacks will be pushing up while the other one will tuck in and form a back three again. 

I don't think a back four is going to help us that much going forward.

The 3-5-2 i want to play has 2 wingers, 2 creative CM's, Morata and Hazard up top. That's 6 attacking players against 6-9 defenders.

Honestly i think a back three can help and play a part in breaking down teams. We've seen that last season with Azpi or Cahill pushing forward into wide midfield and attract a midfielder towards them.

I feel like last season we did that a lot while this season it looks like we're playing a lot more cautious.

I agree that it's frustrating watching our back three pass the ball to eachother but normally you'd expect your outside cb's to ask questions of the defending team by pushing forward into wide midfield and not stopping until they draw out an opponent.

7 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

Being able to switch to a back 4 would be nice but even if we switch to a 4 Conte isn't suddenly going to change into an ultra attacking manager.

With a back four only 1 of the fullbacks will be pushing up while the other one will tuck in and form a back three again. 

I don't think a back four is going to help us that much going forward.

The 3-5-2 i want to play has 2 wingers, 2 creative CM's, Morata and Hazard up top. That's 6 attacking players against 6-9 defenders.

Honestly i think a back three can help and play a part in breaking down teams. We've seen that last season with Azpi or Cahill pushing forward into wide midfield and attract a midfielder towards them.

I feel like last season we did that a lot while this season it looks like we're playing a lot more cautious.

I agree that it's frustrating watching our back three pass the ball to eachother but normally you'd expect your outside cb's to ask questions of the defending team by pushing forward into wide midfield and not stopping until they draw out an opponent.

Ideally yes. It worked better last season because the formation was new in the league, reminiscent of how we obliterated the league introducing 4-3-3 in 2004. But most have figured it out by now, sooner or later it will become old news like 4-3-3. When you watch our games, it's clear that in some games we try to do what you described, but it doesn't work because teams know how we play and set up almost every game. We need variety.. or simply buy players that would make our 3CB system so strong that teams would struggle even when perfectly countered. Maybe we can do it with prolific wingers as WBs, who knows...

On 26/12/2017 at 11:02 AM, Despiadado.Maleante said:

It's clear we need 1 LWB, experienced CF and attacking mid. Mahrez should be top of our list.

If we have a list, Mahrez should not be top of it. 

LAM09 likes this